Mudb0y

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello everyone!
I registered here because I read one of the threads that thoroughly explained how the 3DS modding actually works and now I want a 3DS even more!
Anyway, excitement aside, I'm a blind guy who's in to tech, stuff like hacking / modding (both in the infosec sense and the let's play some homebrew sense), music production, and reading.
My console adventures started in about 2017 when I was 12 and discovered the amazing world of the NES, the various famiclones, and then proceeded to really want the NES Classic for christmass haha. For the record, I my self don't really know why I wanted one considering most of the games on it I wouldn't be able to play anyway, but hay you can't really beat 12 year old logic, and back then I was a lot more dedicated to finding ways to play my favorite titles than I am right now.
Eitherway, also around christmass 2017 came my first ever encounter with a Pokemon creepy pasta. Lavender Town sindrome and Lost Silver scared me so much I basically went "Aint no way these games are so bad!" Then proceeded to watch the first Pokemon let's play that I could find, which ended up being LG. Ever since then I've basically been a huge Pokemon fan although not nearly as much since 2019 and sword / shield, the music quality in these games leaves a lot to be desired and the gen4 remakes made me moan even more in that department because Sinoh made me realise I love jazz and the way the ost got bastardised made me verry sad, but that's a topic for another time.
And basically ever since then I've been in to consoles and given my background of loving to break computers also modding, although a lot less in the last 2 - 3 years and I'm just returning to the scene now after remembering that 4 years ago I really wanted a 3DS then digging in to the current modding scene and getting hella impressed.
I also bought my self a PSP go all the way back in november but honestly it wasn't worth the 150 bucks I payed for it.
So, after being a lurker in the modding / console scene, I hope I can actually bring something worth while to the community! Who knows, maybe developing a screenreader for the 3DS would actually be dooable ...

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone!
I registered here because I read one of the threads that thoroughly explained how the 3DS modding actually works and now I want a 3DS even more!
Anyway, excitement aside, I'm a blind guy who's in to tech, stuff like hacking / modding (both in the infosec sense and the let's play some homebrew sense), music production, and reading.
My console adventures started in about 2017 when I was 12 and discovered the amazing world of the NES, the various famiclones, and then proceeded to really want the NES Classic for christmass haha. For the record, I my self don't really know why I wanted one considering most of the games on it I wouldn't be able to play anyway, but hay you can't really beat 12 year old logic, and back then I was a lot more dedicated to finding ways to play my favorite titles than I am right now.
Eitherway, also around christmass 2017 came my first ever encounter with a Pokemon creepy pasta. Lavender Town sindrome and Lost Silver scared me so much I basically went "Aint no way these games are so bad!" Then proceeded to watch the first Pokemon let's play that I could find, which ended up being LG. Ever since then I've basically been a huge Pokemon fan although not nearly as much since 2019 and sword / shield, the music quality in these games leaves a lot to be desired and the gen4 remakes made me moan even more in that department because Sinoh made me realise I love jazz and the way the ost got bastardised made me verry sad, but that's a topic for another time.
And basically ever since then I've been in to consoles and given my background of loving to break computers also modding, although a lot less in the last 2 - 3 years and I'm just returning to the scene now after remembering that 4 years ago I really wanted a 3DS then digging in to the current modding scene and getting hella impressed.
I also bought my self a PSP go all the way back in november but honestly it wasn't worth the 150 bucks I payed for it.
So, after being a lurker in the modding / console scene, I hope I can actually bring something worth while to the community! Who knows, maybe developing a screenreader for the 3DS would actually be dooable ...
Welcome to the forum!

As a techie who's also a music theory nerd, I get where you're coming from with the Gen 4 soundtrack revision. Analyzing how the same music tracks differ between games is a niche that I've always found interesting.
Hope you enjoy your time here.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1708541272598.png

Reactions: CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code...