Hacking Out of these 3 jigs, which one should I use: SX (Team Xecuter), R4S or RCMclip (Xkit)?

CapCaveman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I had already ordered an SX Pro and the R4S dongle kit (unnecessary, I know, but I wanted to keep the SX dongle only for SX OS).

Because they were taking too long to arrive, I got anxious and ended up ordering just a jig from Xkit: the RCMclip (recommended here).https://www.xkit.xyz/rcmclip/

Now, of course they were all delivered on the same day (today). So, which one is the best to use on the Switch?

Vadographer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if youre referring to the jig that goes in your joy-con rail, it doesnt matter. none of the 3 that you mentioned are capable of damaging your switch in any capacity. as long as you arent careless with them and dont let them get damaged youll be just fine

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Doesn't matter at all, I used a freaking paperclip and basically violated the joycon port because I couldn't be bothered waiting like a week for the jig to arrive and it works fine lol. I would say go for the one that enters as smoothly as possible if you're not planning on installing autoRCM.

CapCaveman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
SX. Best quality.

Oh boy here comes the shitstorm :ph34r:

I would say go with the SX if you gonna use a jig all the time.

It makes no difference

if youre referring to the jig that goes in your joy-con rail, it doesnt matter. none of the 3 that you mentioned are capable of damaging your switch in any capacity. as long as you arent careless with them and dont let them get damaged youll be just fine

Doesn't matter at all, I used a freaking paperclip and basically violated the joycon port because I couldn't be bothered waiting like a week for the jig to arrive and it works fine lol. I would say go for the one that enters as smoothly as possible if you're not planning on installing autoRCM.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

I only asked because in that thread I linked, there are some users saying that paperclips and copper wires can damage the contacts, and the RCMclip apparently uses gold plated metal. I'm not sure about the materials in the SX or R4S jigs, hence my concern.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

I only asked because in that thread I linked, there are some users saying that paperclips and copper wires can damage the contacts, and the RCMclip apparently uses gold plated metal. I'm not sure about the materials in the SX or R4S jigs, hence my concern.
You can accidentally bridge wrong pins with a paper clip or wire. That can't happen with any jig so it's safe.

Vadographer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

people say that paperclips can damage the contacts, but i've been using the same paperclip almost every day since the release of the exploit last april, and i never had any issues with the pins. but the rail did get scratched a little, which isnt a major thing, just wear and tear. i have also never bridged the wrong pins, so maybe im just incredibly lucky or the people that experience these issues werent as careful as ive been. just dont be stupid i guess :P

Reactions: Uumas

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I use the sx gear all the time now it’s an excellent piece of kit you just put the boot file on the route and use whatever payload you want just rename them payload I even use this now over the pro brilliant I cannot fault it. It’s not even that expensive for what you’re getting apart from if you have not bought a license you need one.

Last edited by Reecey,

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I use the sx gear all the time now it’s an excellent piece of kit you just put the boot file on the route and use whatever payload you want just rename them payload I even use this now over the pro brilliant I cannot fault it. It’s not even that expensive for what you’re getting apart from if you have not bought a license you need one.
Afaik the Gear is just a red Pro without a license. You can use the Gear boot.dat on a Pro.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
But you can. Again, as I said, use the boot.dat of the Gear on the Pro and your Pro turns into a black Gear.
Thank you! I really didn’t know that I’ve just tried it and it works your right. Well tbh what’s the point in buying an sx gear dongle when you might as well buy the pro instead and get the whole package I always thought that was the main point of the sx gear so you can boot other cfw’s with it apart from the obvious not including the license. It didn’t matter to me I was sent two sx gear dongles but that’s great.

Let’s do the Carlton

“a black gear” lol :lol:

Last edited by Reecey,

AlphaBravo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have nothing to compare it to but the sx jig is a great piece of kit. Does the job and been designed to compliment the design and color of switch. Whats great and akaik, the dongle also has little competition in term of compactness and looks.
And before anyone says im sx freak, i actually use reinx over sx OS.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well tbh what’s the point in buying an sx gear dongle when you might as well buy the pro instead and get the whole package I always thought that was the main point of the sx gear so you can boot other cfw’s with it apart from the obvious not including the license.
The Gear is for those who either don’t want a license or already have a license. TX could have done a better job explaining the Gear for sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto