Overheat after Atmosphere ?

Nano_G4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
So my N-Switch is eligible for Atmosphere, so i did it by first format the switch and worked fine ! my only problem is overheating after 30 mins to 1 hr ! can't enjoy the slightest thing before overheating & goes to sleep mode! i'm positive everything is fine before atmosphere but after it installing it , its started to overheat when i play games (Kirby, Mario Party etc) so what should i do?

Reactions: huy757243

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my N-Switch is eligible for Atmosphere, so i did it by first format the switch and worked fine ! my only problem is overheating after 30 mins to 1 hr ! can't enjoy the slightest thing before overheating & goes to sleep mode! i'm positive everything is fine before atmosphere but after it installing it , its started to overheat when i play games (Kirby, Mario Party etc) so what should i do?
Never heard of such a thing. Most likely something else like a bad fan that you need to swap out. you can check this yourself by opening up the back But you’ll need tri-wing screwdriver. If you’re not comfortable doing this yourself you can take It to a local electronics shop for repair.

N_From_Pokemon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Never heard of such a thing. Most likely something else like a bad fan that you need to swap out. you can check this yourself by opening up the back But you’ll need tri-wing screwdriver. If you’re not comfortable doing this yourself you can take It to a local electronics shop for repair.
true.

Reactions: binkinator

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe because you are playing more demanding games in CFW, which causes the soc to generates more heat.
Try cleaning the fan and heatsink first, also try a repaste.
Or you can manually increase the fan speed with system_settings.ini or down-clock your switch with sys-clk, but I still recommend to clean your switch first.

RippedTraces

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you've got the necessary tools to open the Nintendo Switch, you can check to see whether the thermal paste has potential dried up and replace it with a well known branded paste. As mentioned above, see whether your fans are clogged and it's working. Replacement parts are readily available online and changing both your fan and thermal paste are quite straightforward. Just be aware to fully disconnect the battery before touching anything inside.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Github
to be specific :
ITotalJustice/patches/releases
Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases
Let me rephrase that. Which guide did you follow, and what did it make you install?

Atmosphere on its own isn't going to cause overheating, and it would have to be a stupidly unlikely coincidence for the cooling to fail just like that at the same time that you're modding and installing Atmosphere. What can and does cause overheating though is excessive overclocking which is something that some people might include by default in their tutorials, and I think it makes a lot more sense to check for any potential overclocking first, before advocating for potentially damaging hardware check-ups (it shouldn't be terribly difficult to take off the back cover without breaking anything, but the risk of breaking something by accident is a lot greater when the person isn't very experienced with that kind of thing.)

If there isn't any overclocking happening, then I'm afraid you may have to open it up to check, yeah. It would be a pretty big coincidence for hardware failure to happen at the same time as you do software changes, but coincidences can happen.

Last edited by Takokeshi,
Reactions: binkinator

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you're running your system overclocked somehow. Did you install something that is overclocking your system? This is why I avoid "all in one" installers, cause sometimes you might get something or some setting you don't want.

Zkajavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Might help to post the link of the YouTube video you followed so we can help you determine if you installed something shady.

The automatic sleep mode when using it usually happens when the battery can't keep up with the power draw, for instance overclocking and playing handheld while not using the official charger.

Or, if the fan is not working.

Nano_G4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Might help to post the link of the YouTube video you followed so we can help you determine if you installed something shady.

The automatic sleep mode when using it usually happens when the battery can't keep up with the power draw, for instance overclocking and playing handheld while not using the official charger.

Or, if the fan is not working.
Oh right

and the other problem was the batteries dies quickly even in sleep mode but i thought that's normal

Nano_G4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia

Nano_G4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Sounds like you're running your system overclocked somehow. Did you install something that is overclocking your system? This is why I avoid "all in one" installers, cause sometimes you might get something or some setting you don't want.
nope i'm sure i didnt install anything to overclock the system , gotta search deeper on what did i do wrong

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Os7f9Se.mp4