gYonder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hey there.

Is there any benefit whatsoever for me to run wii-u, wii or gc games (mostly though nusspli) in PAL format when my console is modded? I live in Europe but I have never seen any reason to run the games in the slower 50hz (with borders) and all tvs have always supported NTSC and 60Hz. I think it's even less of an issue today with HDMI and digital.

Should I just always get the USA versions + updates + DLCs? Is there any reason at all to go with EUR?

Cheers

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PAL 60/HDMI consoles euro releases are perfectly fine, older gen console games were designed for NTSC sets but it’s not an issue anymore.

gYonder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm thinking there is no difference between the EUR and USA releases, only that there might be more out there in terms of titles, updates and dlcs. So There is really no point in getting EUR releases as I see it

Sterbi

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
WiiU - HD era, everything's in 60Hz, so there's no reason to get games out of your region
Wii - Almost every PAL game supports PAL60 format, so I suggest getting PAL releases (in case you own PAL console) unless you'll run in to game not compatible with PAL60. On top of that, AFAIK you can run into compatibility issues when trying to run NTSC game on PAL console.
GameCube - Many games support PAL60, but there are still a lot that don't support it. I'm personally using NTSC releases for GC just to simplify it for me.

gYonder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
WiiU - HD era, everything's in 60Hz, so there's no reason to get games out of your region
Wii - Almost every PAL game supports PAL60 format, so I suggest getting PAL releases (in case you own PAL console) unless you'll run in to game not compatible with PAL60. On top of that, AFAIK you can run into compatibility issues when trying to run NTSC game on PAL console.
GameCube - Many games support PAL60, but there are still a lot that don't support it. I'm personally using NTSC releases for GC just to simplify it for me.
Thanks for the info, how do I enable PAL60 for the various formats?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH