Spectremint

OP
Trophies
Website
spectremint.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
The 2001 Nintendo 64 fan favorite Paper Mario has now officially reached 100% de-compiled status for the North American version, a community effort that's been going on for more than 3 years. This makes it the third Nintendo 64 exclusive game to be de-compiled, following Super Mario 64 and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. No word yet on a possible PC port. Additionally, the other versions of the game (those being the Japanese, European and Chinese versions) have yet to be fully de-compiled. You can read more about the project here, or take a look at the source code on GitHub.

Source: papermar.io

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
very easy compile, but I think the assets are baked into the file, which means it can't be shared:

1681955997687.png

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
very easy compile, but I think the assets are baked into the file, which means it can't be shared:

View attachment 366041
exactly, that's why you need the original rom for assets extraction, then with the assets extracted you can build your new version.
Post automatically merged:

Nothing yet ... It's inevitable that a Switch port be released. All in due time.
ah ok, I was thinking about the existing paper mario for Switch, you are talking about a port of this decompilation for Switch. :D

Reactions: godreborn

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Looking forward to a 60fps port, and maybe some sort of mod that adds TTYD features like the superguard, or one that slightly shifts the guard frames, because guarding in the original actually requires you to press the button earlier than you should.

Reactions: mathew77

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm hoping that OoT, PD and Paper Mario get Vita ports as someone who uses their Vita very often
There's already a SM64 Vita port available, but I'd love to see the games that you're hoping to get too.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle