Hacking par files

deetee73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wen u hav the rar files if any incomplete the par files repair it - always good idea to dl 1 par file and test the rar files - quickpar good program to use

SimpleSimon08

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PAR files are used to check and repair a partially downloaded set of files, i.e. if you have a Usenet download with 90 plus rar files and one of them is partially incomplete then it renders the whole set useless so PAR files allow the incomplete file to be rebuilt. It is similar to RAID 5 technology used on servers to rebuild a drive when one fails.

You need a program that handles them try Quickpar for Windows there is also a tutorial on this site.

hackeruk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so the game still works without par files wat about im downloadin both but pause it before the par files and download them later will that work? i mean will the game still work?

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
@SchuchWun

PAR isn't just for missing files. Occasionally when downloading you will get a damaged file. PAR/PAR2 files can repair these. If none of your files are damaged or missing, the PARs are unnecessary.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You need to use the PAR files to fix corrupted RAR files
if any RARs are corrupt the game will not work without the PARs

edit: schuch and coolbho beat me to it.

Gwaith

Trophies
Website
www.die2nite.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hackeruk said:
so the game still works without par files wat about im downloadin both but pause it before the par files and download them later will that work? i mean will the game still work?
Yes the Game does work without the Par files , those are just optional for repairing an incomplete download.
I'd even recommend first downloading without Pars and only download them if your download is actually broken (wow many downloads mentioned
tongue.gif
) , because this can save traffic and time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: in that case.. Both +1