Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

smasbros

Trophies
XP
Country
How to make CIA available for REGION FREE on O3DS 4.5 with PASTA CFW? YOU SEE NTR CFW 2.2 CANNOT

kat13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
2All Not good at Eng and don't clearly understand all messages. Plz help to determine one thing -
I have a 2DS with OFW 6.0.0-12E. If (when) browser exploit for installing PASTA will come, will I need the CN or not? CN is pretty rare&expensive at my region and i want to decide:
1) buy the game (order from ebay, etc) or
2) waiting to the browser exploit (no need in CN?)
Tnx

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
2All Not good at Eng and don't clearly understand all messages. Plz help to determine one thing -
I have a 2DS with OFW 6.0.0-12E. If (when) browser exploit for installing PASTA will come, will I need the CN or not? CN is pretty rare&expensive at my region and i want to decide:
Tnx

You will need Cubic Ninja once in order to install a CIA manager, as far as I can tell.

Reactions: kat13

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tnx

From what i've read it can be done from the browser its just a matter of time till someone informed decides to get around to doing it
Из того, что я читал это может быть сделано из браузера , его просто вопрос времени пока кто-нибудь сообщил решает обойти это делать.
Iz togo, chto ya chital eto mozhet byt' sdelano iz brauzera , yego prosto vopros vremeni poka kto-nibud' soobshchil reshayet oboyti eto delat'.

Pawed

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
India
could some1 plz quote me the mset original release post? i tried to find it but guess it goes back way 2 many pages...

Install devMenu via PBT-CFW. Launch it in PastaCFW and then install CIAs.

EDIT:

Page 156 has the original post by nop90 and Page 160 has the encrypted MSET launcher for Gateway ROP by pakrett

Reactions: SaagiBols

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will need Cubic Ninja once in order to install a CIA manager, as far as I can tell.

At first, Cubic Ninja may be needed for installation of a Title Manager, but Weedz shared a network spoofing tool a several pages back that would allow for a title manager to be sent over the network once more patching is done. Nop also said that he'd look into a way to silent install a title manager from the user's SD root. If people are patient, there will eventually really be no need for Cubic Ninja. I am going to be in the process of transitioning operating systems in the next few days, but I am going to try my hand at getting PCFW working with the WebKit entry-point when I am done. Between that and the MSET, Cubic Ninja will be optional.

Instead of using network, I was thinking to search a CIA file with a fixed given name (e.g. installme.cia) in the root (or in another directory) and silently installing it. But I have to figure out how to trigger the process after the reboot. I have some ideas, but probably not enough knowledge at the moment.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
At first, Cubic Ninja may be needed for installation of a Title Manager, but Weedz shared a network spoofing tool a several pages back that would allow for a title manager to be sent over the network once more patching is done. Nop also said that he'd look into a way to silent install a title manager from the user's SD root. If people are patient, there will eventually really be no need for Cubic Ninja. I am going to be in the process of transitioning operating systems in the next few days, but I am going to try my hand at getting PCFW working with the WebKit entry-point when I am done. Between that and the MSET, Cubic Ninja will be optional.

That sounds great. I have no need for such a feature since I already setup a CIA installer using PBT-CFW, but a feature like that would certainly be useful for 2DS users.
I'm glad to see all the work going in to this software.

Reactions: Slushie3DS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...