Hacking Pasta CFW technical support thread

darklinkpower

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Guys I don't know if this has been asked, but is it possible to have rx tool + pasta to work together? First load pasta, then, when in pasta mode, load rx tools via spider,???, rx tools with emunand and signature check disabled and unlinked emunand. I don't like messing with sysnand so this could be great.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
You think in the wrong way. Pasta patches things in the ARM9 memory that is NOT affected.
Ok then, when I boot a smash cart and then exit, no other unsigned content works. Something is happening to the ARM9 region.

Even when I suspend SSB and hover over a homebrew app's icon, nothing appears. This does not happen with a normal 3ds cart. The homebrew works fine even after playing a cart then exiting.

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
When you press exit on a RAM-increasing game, it reboots, so...
But LAUNCHING the game should work.
Reread my edited post, the initial SSB boot clears the patches.

People need to stop using stone age hardware. 64 bit is widely accepted for how much years now?
While I agree with this sentiment to a degree, when someone has aged hardware, they are stuck until they spend 100's on a replacement. I prefer to spend 5 mins of my time providing a 32 bit vers. rather than shaming them over their obsolete rig.

Reactions: WhoAmI?

Etkar.H

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Reveal yourself! (waves wand)
Ok, better.

SSB just doesn't seem to work right on pasta with old3ds. The ram-increasing reboot clears pasta patches methinks.
btw, what did you do to brick the 3ds? Install SSB to NAND? lol

I... kind of tried injecting tickets to sysNand with RxTools thinking I could just transfer the SSB update ticket from sysNand to Emunand. ^^

Reactions: zoogie

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is Download Play supported? Installed NTSC Mario Party .cia on an NTSC system, Download Play fails.

Only thing I can think is that I had a "region free" checkbox ticked off in the program I used to convert from .3ds to .cia.

Also, how does one create a legit .cia? Do you have to purchase the files from the eShop, then install the .cia? Or what...? I feel like I'm missing something here. Would love to take non-legit .3ds files and make legit .cia files.

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
You need a 3ds that comes with a pre-installed game (not download code). Then you dump the ticket.db and use that in conjunction with funkycia2 to download a perfectly signed cia of the pre-installed game that will run on any 3ds from it's own region, hacked or not.

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some questions about using this exploit. My son has an older 3DS(2011). It's still on 3.0.0-6.0U FW. Hasn't been updated at all since late 2011. I have basically two questions:

1. Can I just use the retail game copy of Cubic Ninja to update the FW to 4.x since I need to update the firmware anyhow to install this CFW? I don't want to have to buy a separate retail cartridge just to update to 4.x FW. What FW is Cubic Ninja? I assume it's 4.x but want to make sure I don't have to buy two retail game cartridges just to update the 3DS & install all of this.

2. What all can be ran from this CFW? I know it says unsigned CIA but I don't know what all that exactly includes & the methods they can be launched. I know this enables homebrew but what about game(3DS & NDS) backups from SD/microSD card? Basically, what are the limitations & what things can be done at this current time?

I have a lot of catching up to do because I've been out of the loop for quite some time due to an ongoing illness. Any help with the above questions is greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have some questions about using this exploit. My son has an older 3DS(2011). It's still on 3.0.0-6.0U FW. Hasn't been updated at all since late 2011. I have basically two questions:

1. Can I just use the retail game copy of Cubic Ninja to update the FW to 4.x since I need to update the firmware anyhow to install this CFW? I don't want to have to buy a separate retail cartridge just to update to 4.x FW. What FW is Cubic Ninja? I assume it's 4.x but want to make sure I don't have to buy two retail game cartridges just to update the 3DS & install all of this.

2. What all can be ran from this CFW? I know it says unsigned CIA but I don't know what all that exactly includes & the methods they can be launched. I know this enables homebrew but what about game(3DS & NDS) backups from SD/microSD card? Basically, what are the limitations & what things can be done at this current time?

I have a lot of catching up to do because I've been out of the loop for quite some time due to an ongoing illness. Any help with the above questions is greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)
1. Cubic Ninja is 1.1 at most. You need a retail cart in the 4.1 to 4.5 range. http://3ds.essh.co/ use the search box "4. usa 3ds game"
2. Unsigned CIAs. Basically warez and homebrew. All you need. (Well, a few newer ehsop games and smash, Mon Hunter 4 won't work) I forgot to mention you need to update to 9.2 to get the advantages of running newer software. That's an involved process, just get to 4.x for now. Take baby steps.

Reactions: tonybologna

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need a 3ds that comes with a pre-installed game (not download code). Then you dump the ticket.db and use that in conjunction with funkycia2 to download a perfectly signed cia of the pre-installed game that will run on any 3ds from it's own region, hacked or not.

Awesome, that clears that up for me, thanks! Can a legit .cia be installed on a CFW system, and then transferred over to a non CFW 3DS?

And any insight on why Download Play isn't working?

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome, that clears that up for me, thanks! Can a legit .cia be installed on a CFW system, and then transferred over to a non CFW 3DS?

And any insight on why Download Play isn't working?
I believe so, other people have claimed to have done this.

I'm not sure about the download play. If it asks you to update, that's certainly one of many possible problems.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I believe so, other people have claimed to have done this.

I'm not sure about the download play. If it asks you to update, that's certainly one of many possible problems.

Appreciate the help! I'll update after I test out the legit .cia from CFW to OFW transfer.

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Appreciate the help! I'll update after I test out the legit .cia from CFW to OFW transfer.
Just want to remind you to use rxtools and emunand to actually complete the transfer. Don't think pasta cfw uses emunand, it doesn't. Sorry if I'm sounding too Capt. Obvious. :P

Reactions: redunka

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just want to remind you to use rxtools and emunand to actually complete the transfer. Don't think pasta cfw uses emunand, it doesn't. Sorry if I'm sounding too Capt. Obvious. :P

Don't apologize, I'm here for the help! I didn't realize I would have to use rxtools to complete the transfer. Is there a thread that shows the process? I assumed it would have been just a drag and drop operation :P

Reactions: zoogie

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Question: Can I System Transfer 9.7 to Pasta + network spoof plugin?

Someone has told me that 9.7's ST program is incompatible with 9.2's ST program.

hanseo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay i have a 3ds xl on 7.1.0-15U and trying to use spider3ds with pastacfw 1.2 so how would be able to do this?​

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Cubic Ninja is 1.1 at most. You need a retail cart in the 4.1 to 4.5 range. http://3ds.essh.co/ use the search box "4. usa 3ds game"
2. Unsigned CIAs. Basically warez and homebrew. All you need. (Well, a few newer ehsop games and smash, Mon Hunter 4 won't work) I forgot to mention you need to update to 9.2 to get the advantages of running newer software. That's an involved process, just get to 4.x for now. Take baby steps.

Thank you for that very straight forward & easy to understand reply. I was hoping I didn't need to buy 2 different retail cartridges to do all of this but that's out of the question now. Since I'm going to need to do that now I'm going to weigh the other option of buying a flashcart(Gateway or Sky3DS). I would still need to buy a retail cartridge for updating to 4.x anyhow even if I went with a flashcart right?

Cubic Ninja has been jacked up in price bigtime since this exploit was found so buying that retail cartridge & another one for updating FW might cost just as much or close to it anyhow as a Gateway flashcart. I'll see what the cost totals are in doing it both ways & make a decision from there. Thanks for your reply! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol