Hacking PC Link for PSVita teased – Stream your computer’s display to your Vita even if you have Intel/AMD g

Abu_Senpai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
The release of Moonlight in the early HENkaku days was very well received but that only let you stream your computer’s display if you had a supported Nvidia graphics card. With PC Link, you’ll be able to stream your computer’s display even if you have Intel integrated graphics or AMD graphics. You will still need a good router and internet connection as this is being done via Wi-Fi.

What’s PC Link?
This homebrew’s main function is to let you stream your computer’s display to your PSVita. It essentially does the same function of Moonlight but with PC Link, you can stream your computer’s display even if you don’t a Nvidia GameStream supported graphics card. Arkanite, the developer (or at least who posted the video below on YouTube) of this homebrew and others such as VitaPad++, decided to show off his LG-ultrabook streaming its display in the video below.​

According to the description, the laptop sports Intel HD 4400 graphics which aren’t exactly stellar so that means that you’ll be able to use PC Link on a wide variety of systems. In the video, Arkanite demonstrates a YouTube video in HD quality being streamed to the PSVita and the quality is decent as per the description. There is no noticeable stutter and even Windows 10’s UI animations seem not to lag.

PC Link is a pretty exciting homebrew utility that will probably allow you to stream PC games to your Vita and control them with your Vita’s physical buttons. It also seems that you could use it for media consumption if that’s your thing and with an OSK (or a bluetooth keyboard/mouse for that matter), you could even use it to browse the web. You could even set up a cheap, headless and low-power computer (maybe with an RX550/GT 1030) for use solely with this homebrew.

Conclusion
As of right now, there are no compiled VPKs so you have to be patient for now. There’s no mention of user input via the Vita’s buttons being implemented either so it may be a while till you could actually stream and play PC games through this homebrew but patience is key here. All in all, I think it’s pretty cool and you may even be able to play PS3/Wii games via RPCS3/Dolphin with this homebrew.

Video of PC link on a PS vita:

NO VPK has been teased or released yet. So please dont ask from any ETA's and let the developer work on this in peace!

Article source here:http://wololo.net/2017/09/03/pc-lin...omputers-display-vita-even-intelamd-graphics/

Last edited by Abu_Senpai,

Abu_Senpai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Personally, i think this is amazing and the main reason i am excited for it is because i just want to play Reicast and by extension Shenmue 1+2 on my Vita! It will be a much more enjoyable experience since you can play it anywhere in the house and dont have to sit at your desk. Even though i have laptop which is portable, i still feel as if it is too big!So therefore this even smaller portable experience in my opinion will be a lot more awesome! Yet, that is probably far off right now.

Last edited by Abu_Senpai,
Reactions: Nekomaru

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would have liked the reverse of this. Something like remotejoy for psp where it would show the ps vita screen shows on a pc/laptop screen but this is nice too.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Personally, i think this is amazing and the main reason i am excited for it is because i just want to play Reicast and by extension Shenmue 1+2 on my Vita! It will be a much more enjoyable experience since you can play it anywhere in the house and dont have to sit at your desk. Even though i have laptop which is portable, i still feel as if it is too big!So therefore this even smaller portable experience in my opinion will be a lot more awesome! Yet, that is probably far off right now.
How would the controls sync up doing something like that?

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Would have liked the reverse of this. Something like remotejoy for psp where it would show the ps vita screen shows on a pc/laptop screen but this is nice too.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How would the controls sync up doing something like that?

Honestly, no idea and we wont now until more info or until its officially released. But that wont be for a while.

Reactions: cvskid

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah me too want gaming experience more portable, expecially for old games and emulators (streaming PS2 and WII emulators for instance!).
If somebody dont understand why someone want more portability, they never have tried to play on toilet... xD

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk