PC won't read my SD card but it works fine on my Wii U.

diontoronto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Please help!
I modded my Wii U three days ago with Tiramisu & Aroma using P3NCE PC's guide. I also used his Zip folder with all the homebrew files I need.
I plugged a USB SD card reader into my PC with my SD card of choice, formatted the SD to FAT32, moved all the files into the SD, took the SD out of the USB reader and placed it into the Wii U's SD card slot. Everything worked and still is working great, no problems whatsoever. The thing is... I want to import a few 100% game save datas using SaveMii and that involves plugging my SD card back into my PC using the USB card reader (I'm following FunkyScott's tutorial). My PC won't recognize the USB. What am I doing wrong? I tried assigning a new drive letter to the USB but still.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Process of elimination:
Try another SD, another USB port, another micro-SD to full-size adapter (if any) and another card reader.
One at a time. This should show which one is the problem.

Verify there are no contact problems (dust, dirt, bent pins)

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Verify there are no contact problems (dust, dirt, bent pins)
That's most likely the issue, seeing the card works in another reader (Wii U) and it worked with the same card reader before. I would just try to move the card in and out of that failing reader for around 10 times to clean the contacts from oxidation. If that won't work look more deep (as KleinesSinchen said dust, bent pins, stuff like that).

P3NCE PC's guide
So you installed some at least 7 months old software from some random download link? The only guide you should follow is https://wiiu.hacks.guide and the only download source of Tiramisu should be https://tiramisu.foryour.cafe .

Reactions: SyrusHedgie

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please help!
P3NCE PC's guide. I also used his Zip folder
Maybe you should ask this pence guy for help instead. Don't forget to like, subscribe and check out the merch store!

Anyway. I would reformat the sd card, redownload Tiramisu & Aroma from the proper links.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto