Not open for further replies.

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deathfisaro said:
Well at least I wouldn't call Japan a small market.
Japan has significantly less population than North America or Europe (it's one country vs many), but consoles : population ratio is really high.

North America and Japan's population ratio is about 2.6:1.
DS sold in US and Japan are almost 1:1, PSP about 1.3:1, Wii almost 2:1, PS3 about 2.4:1. (Let's not talk about 360 in Japan because that's a rare case)

If Japanese people didn't like Monster Hunter franchise either, you may not have seen Dead Rising get produced. People in that "small market" saved Capcom from gigantic red numbers.
Man I loved deadrising!!!!!!!!!!!11

Why cant they make a sequel it was a great game.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Giga_Gaia said:
Linkiboy said:
Its mostly Giga_Gaia, you guys are fine.

Although...

You're now arguing about things even I think is useless. And everyone is restating things mentioned at least 50 times in this thread.

Shut up retard, you're pathetic, still haven't said why.

And even if the overall 360 sales are better like most of you try to convince me with, the ps3 is catching up and it's a matter of time. Crappy 360 is only leading for now, PS3 will wins in the end.

And no, 360 won't have a blu-ray capability. Why would Sony be dumb enough (or any other companies in this with Sony) to give that to their competitor? The only reason I see why, is to gain some profits made from 360 sales, and Microsoft wouldn't want that, since it would put the 360 is a bigger jeopardy then it is.

And don't call me a retard, you look like an idiot, not even arguing at all.

Wow. Looks like Sony fanboys do it again! You ignored Linki's post, and say some retarded shit. Before you flame, at least come up with a good argument.

Also, how many times do we have to tell you? SONY DOESN'T OWN BLU-RAY. Idiot.

Also, don't called Linki retard, you look like an idiot, not even arguing at all.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Insults are getting thrown left, right and center

happy.gif

'Tis is fun.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:
Giga_Gaia said:
Linkiboy said:

Although...

You're now arguing about things even I think is useless. And everyone is restating things mentioned at least 50 times in this thread.

And even if the overall 360 sales are better like most of you try to convince me with, the ps3 is catching up and it's a matter of time. Crappy 360 is only leading for now, PS3 will wins in the end.

And no, 360 won't have a blu-ray capability. Why would Sony be dumb enough (or any other companies in this with Sony) to give that to their competitor? The only reason I see why, is to gain some profits made from 360 sales, and Microsoft wouldn't want that, since it would put the 360 is a bigger jeopardy then it is.

Wow. Looks like Sony fanboys do it again! You ignored Linki's post, and say some retarded shit. Before you flame, at least come up with a good argument.

Also, don't called Linki retard, you look like an idiot, not even arguing at all.

Sony owns enough of bluray that without them bluray would not be possible. Check your facts. Panasonic owns the largest share but Sony owns essential patents.

Also 360 sales have dropped dramatically but probably because most people already have one.
And there is no points in arguing exclusives both systems have great ones (mass effect, resistance fall of man, MGS4, Halo, Bioshock, Ratchet and Clank) This is not the topic for it.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Bob Loblaw said:
ojsinnerz said:
Giga_Gaia said:
Linkiboy said:

Although...

Sony owns enough of bluray that without them bluray would not be possible. Check your facts. Panasonic owns the largest share but Sony owns essential patents.

Also 360 sales have dropped dramatically but probably because most people already have one.
And there is no points in arguing exclusives both systems have great ones (mass effect, resistance fall of man, MGS4, Halo, Bioshock, Ratchet and Clank) This is not the topic for it.

I know, but it seems as if he think Sony Created Blu-ray, and has complete control over it.

Also, yes, the drop of sales is due to the fact that most of people already have it. But also because it's not selling well in the other markets. I'm not sure why, because it's a good console overall, other than the RROD problems, which has been decreasing over time.

And no one was talking about exclusives here, except giga_gaia, on his older post, and me when I countered his post.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
kais said:
deathfisaro said:
Well at least I wouldn't call Japan a small market.
Japan has significantly less population than North America or Europe (it's one country vs many), but consoles : population ratio is really high.

North America and Japan's population ratio is about 2.6:1.
DS sold in US and Japan are almost 1:1, PSP about 1.3:1, Wii almost 2:1, PS3 about 2.4:1. (Let's not talk about 360 in Japan because that's a rare case)

If Japanese people didn't like Monster Hunter franchise either, you may not have seen Dead Rising get produced. People in that "small market" saved Capcom from gigantic red numbers.
Man I loved deadrising!!!!!!!!!!!11

Why cant they make a sequel it was a great game.

I heard the Dawn of the Dead creators (or writers, whoever) sued Capcom for copying thier "zombies attack and you're trapped inside a mall" concept.
Now I see that as DotD guys trying to leech of Dead Rising, mall is a common place for people to hide when aliens/zombies/etc attack.

Didn't Capcom officially say the reason they chose the mall is the variety of "potential" weapons? (Potential because parasols, blank CDs, ketchup are not usually considered a weapon =P) I totally buy Capcom's story.

kpeezy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These threads are pointless. And I'm tired of jalaneme posting about 360 fanboys when she's no better.

LagunaCid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WeaponXxX said:
I stopped reading on page 3.

My feedback is the $400 dollar PS3 is the better deal as I bought the WiFi adapter for my 360 and the rechargeable battery pack (Which is awesome).

However I bought the $600 dollar PS3 so can't really compare the $600 model to the $400 model. Well if I remember right the $400 model doesn't play PS2 games? That could be a huge setback?

And while the $400 PS3 is a better deal now it is the only system I have yet to repurchase as of my house getting raided as it was a console I never played.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The most EXPENSIVE system is the Wii
The 360 I play BY MYSELF. So that means one controller with pack and I am done.
The Wii is a party console which means I need at LEAST 3 more wiimotes at $50. At LEAST one more nunchuck (20), Nyko rechargeable kit? (Don't have em yet but thinking of getting em) $35X2, and how bought all the goofy ass attachments? Nyko Guns? Oh and your gonna want to try the wii VC which you need a wii classic controller for, or at least a Gamecube controller. But if you don't want wires its classic controller time!

You need to take into consideration what it cost to make your experience enjoyable. My 360 I can kill some zombies in a mall for the price of a system, wifi adapter, and rechargeable batteries.

90% of the fun I have on the Wii (and it gets played the most) is from multiplayer which means to enjoy my purchase I NEED 4 controllers with nunchucks, and the 2 Nyko Perfect Shots, and as of now a bucket of rechargeable AA batteries. Shit adds up son.
I have plenty of multiplayer fun on my Wii with one nunchuck remote, one normal remote, and 2 gamecube controllers that were already laying around. You *need* the light guns? Are you srs? Theyre just pieces of plastic. You don't need them. I dont use them. As for buying a recharger, uh dude, don't you have already a recharger to recharge your camera, mp3, whatnot batteries?

kpeezy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZeWarrior said:
kpeezy said:
These threads are pointless. And I'm tired of jalaneme posting about 360 fanboys when she's no better.

What about Linkiboy?
Stop being such a hypocrite. Both sides are terrible.

I guess I don't notice him as much because he posts his thoughts every time rather than just saying "X fanboys R dumb." It boils down to the same thing, though.

edit: Also, I'm not sure what part of my statement was hypocritical.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZeWarrior said:
kpeezy said:

What about Linkiboy?
Stop being such a hypocrite. Both sides are terrible.
Just because you get butthurt by my posts doesn't mean I'm bad.

Maybe you think so, but besides you, who else continuously bashes me or flames me or whatever? If you haven't noticed, I'm not the only one who hates you and your fanboyism. I especially hate when you ignore all of my arguments and proceed to spew childish retorts.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, I see what you mean Bob. If I were to have to choose between the two now, I'd choose the PS3 as it's come down in price hugely recently. Bringing in the fact it will also function as a Blu-Ray player for me in the future, I'd say it makes it better value than the X360. Though at the end of the day, I'd say the X360 has the more quality titles.

Consider me as an unbiased point of view, as I only own the Wii out of the home consoles.

QUOTE said:
There is no RPG that I have played that is better than the Chrono Trigger

True statement, though I don't agree with SNES being the best, mainly because I wasn't around then lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Go with Linux Mint.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    wget "Microsoft edge.exe"
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I'm using linux mint on my other machine, works decent
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    deltree c:\windows\system32\*.* :tpi:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Why not stick to your other machine, no?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    my other machine is old, mostly used for just browsing , some multimedia stuff as it's just old
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
    Veho @ Veho: +1