"Perfect Dark" PC port now has netplay supporting up to 8 players online

The Perfect Dark PC port that has been worked on for the past several months is now debuting a brand new feature for its upcoming stable release.

The team is currently working on implementing netplay into the PC port, all with full support for up to 8 players in the same match, and while the showcase is quite early, the death match round worked well and with very promising results. The tested match had the following settings:
  • Combat
  • One Hit Kills
  • 6 minute limit
  • Pistols weaponset
  • Radar enabled

The ping for the tested match according to the devs was stable, and a ping of up to 100 still gave good results while in netplay. There are still some issues regarding the multiplayer aspect, but the devs will work on ironing those issues out for an eventual stable release for the networking feature.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use to love that one gun with the hitting people behind the wall... i may check this out maybe...

Reactions: Quore

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Come on now, how long for the ports? Surely the likes of Switch, Vita, and Wii U have to be right around the corner. They always are at this point with a decomp on this level.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell yeah. Only thing that could possibly be better is a PC native multiplayer port of Timesplitters 2, but I can definitely go for some Perfect Dark in the meantime.
i never did play timesplitters 2. i played the third one on gamecube. all i just recall is the MC saying this cheesey ass line it's TIME TO SPILT! also the girl who wear's the word SLUT on her shirt. other wise that's it.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
i never did play timesplitters 2. i played the third one on gamecube. all i just recall is the MC saying this cheesey ass line it's TIME TO SPILT! also the girl who wear's the word SLUT on her shirt. other wise that's it.
Story was definitely whatever, but TS2 was peak in terms of multiplayer content and custom settings, not to mention all the different scenarios throughout mini-missions. A hundred plus different characters to choose from, if the game came out today they'd cost you ten bucks each lol.

• Wow
Reactions: DJPlace

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
A perfect dark PC port ? For real ?
Where can I download it ?
https://github.com/fgsfdsfgs/perfect_dark
Post automatically merged:

"If you remember this couch, your childhood was awesome."

1704449428299.png

Last edited by Jayro,

gZa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been playing Perfect Dark PC port daily since it got launched (I could never get use to the 1964GEPD version, the controller always felt off) it plays great on the SteamDeck so much so I even bought a N64 NSO Controller for the full experience when running into TV. :wub:

Alas I'm not going to stand a chance against the M&K players on this netplay version unless I start playing M&K. :rofl:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto