Persona 4 Golden is now available on Steam

header.jpg

Persona 4 Golden is out now. You can buy it on Steam for $19.99. It hasn't been unveiled during the PC Gaming Show, but it went live early anyway.

:arrow: Source

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I feel a little conflicted replaying this game. You have to romance a bunch of teenagers pick who you want to date, watch cutscenes of teenagers flap their breasts and stuff. Seeing adults in game talk about hot teenagers. And the beaty pageant part from a game made and written by adults. Its going into pedo territory. Makes it uncomfortable when those scenes happens. I dont know if I should feel bad playing this game or not. And if I do feel bad its because of reasons I or someone else creates for me. Its a fake game and not real people but still. I'm in a conflicting process on how should I feel playing this and similar themed games.
While I agree those interactions are fairly disturbing, what's truly disturbing is realizing how closely they mirrored real-life Japanese society and, to a slightly lesser extent, American society as recently as 2008. Hell, it's not like that type of creepiness is particularly uncommon even today. So in that sense I'd say it serves as a pretty well thought-out commentary/satire, and it also makes more clear the reasons for the tonal shift between P4 and P5.

Reactions: nxwing

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fire Emblem Three Houses. Animal Crossing. Pokemon. Dragon Quest XI. Smash Ultimate. Luigi's Mansion. Skyrim. Witcher III. DOOM. Octopath Traveler. Splatoon 2. Dead Cells. Tetris 99. Cuphead. Clubhouse Games 51. Dragon Ball FighterZ. Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.

I must've missed those Wii U releases.

The Wii U has capabilities of playing those games Nintendo just abandoned the project. The switch is kinda a revised version of the Wii U.

The joycons and etc.. are just gimmicks

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U has capabilities of playing those games Nintendo just abandoned the project. The switch is kinda a revised version of the Wii U.
Switch is what they should've released in the first place instead of WiiU. Nintendo didn't abandon it, people simply didn't buy it because the marketing was crap and so was the concept.

I'm not sure you know what "gimmick" means. Neither swappable controllers nor portability are gimmicks, they're just nice features to have. The second screen of the WiiU gamepad was a gimmick, and one that no third-party developer wanted to bother with.

That said, no clue why this is being discussed in a P4G thread.

Last edited by Xzi,

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch is what they should've released in the first place instead of WiiU. Nintendo didn't abandon it, people simply didn't buy it because the marketing was crap and so was the concept.
:tpi:

I'm not sure you know what "gimmick" means. Neither swappable controllers nor portability are gimmicks, they're just nice features to have.

The joycon scheme is nice but again you can have issues breaking your rail since you have to always slide it in and slide it out. Not to mention all of the drift issues that the joycons had. (I never experienced this) but it is there. The other issue why are these $80 ? These are $50 at best (I'm just being nice since it is Bluetooth) but $80 is overkill. The joycons are not durable this is where I'm getting at they can break very easily and also your device railings aswell. Nintendo should have just gave you a controller to play for docked vs having you detach your joy-cons. The more you slide in and out it will cause wear and tear this is why I avoid detaching my joycons.

Did Moro suck your brain too ? Hehe

lol maybe

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
The joycon scheme is nice but again you can have issues breaking your rail since you have to always slide it in and slide it out. Not to mention all of the drift issues that the joycons had. (I never experienced this) but it is there. The other issue why are these $80 ? These are $50 at best (I'm just being nice since it is Bluetooth) but $80 is overkill. The joycons are not durable this is where I'm getting at they can break very easily and also your device railings aswell. Nintendo should have just gave you a controller to play for docked vs having you detach your joy-cons. The more you slide in and out it will cause wear and tear this is why I avoid detaching my joycons.

lol maybe
Do you think Vegeta will win next week ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Bored

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 146

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think Vegeta will win next week ?

To be honest with you I haven't really followed up in DBZ Manga that much anymore. I feel they need to give us a Budukai 4 or a Tenkaiechi 4 and just retire the series.

How can they say that Berus was the strongest then go to Xeno and now Moro. DBZ is like Pokemon it was good but then it's starting to get bad

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The joycon scheme is nice but again you can have issues breaking your rail since you have to always slide it in and slide it out. Not to mention all of the drift issues that the joycons had. (I never experienced this) but it is there. The other issue why are these $80 ? These are $50 at best (I'm just being nice since it is Bluetooth) but $80 is overkill.
You'd have to be really rough with it to break the rails, not much of an issue unless you have young children. And the joycons are precisely the reason that swappable controllers are convenient; just trade them out for a Hori Splitpad Pro ASAP.

Nintendo should have just gave you a controller to play for docked vs having you detach your joy-cons.
Meh, Switch has a very long list of compatible controllers right out of the box, and odds are you'd want at least two controllers for it anyway just like any other console. 8BitDo for the win.

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
To be honest with you I haven't really followed up in DBZ Manga that much anymore. I feel they need to give us a Budukai 4 or a Tenkaiechi 4 and just retire the series.

How can they say that Berus was the strongest then go to Xeno and now Moro. DBZ is like Pokemon it was good but then it's starting to get bad
Frieza was the strongest too hehe .......... anyway Goku lost the fight for the third time and Vegeta learned few thing from a planet and he just arrived to fight Moro.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd have to be really rough with it to break the rails, not much of an issue unless you have young children. And the joycons are precisely the reason that swappable controllers are convenient; just trade them out for a Hori Splitpad Pro ASAP.

My buddies broke theirs and some experienced drift I just think they don't take good care of their systems.

Meh, Switch has a very long list of compatible controllers right out of the box, and odds are you'd want at least two controllers for it anyway just like any other console. 8BitDo for the win.

I spent $50 for 2 wired controllers from Walmart only ting that sucks that they don't rumble but I can live with that since they also work on my PC aswell. I mostly use my switch lite for on the go and leave my large switch at home for the docked play.

Frieza was the strongest too hehe .......... anyway Goku lost the fight for the third time and Vegeta learned few thing from a planet and he just arrived to fight Moro.

They should let Vegeta win a major battle I don't remember him actually winning a major battle.

Reactions: MohammedQ8 and Xzi

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only if you see no inherent value whatsoever in the game itself, which would be ridiculous in this case because P4G is amazing.
You must be confusing sentimental and monetary. If you buy a digital game, you can copy the files over to somebody else's computer and keep your own copy. Nothing is lost for either participant. If you buy a physical game, and you want to give it to a friend, you can't play it until your friend gives it back.
There is an infinite amount of copies of any given digital game while it's for sale. The same cannot be said for physical games.

Reactions: Worldblender

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You must be confusing sentimental and monetary.
I'm not confusing them at all, that's why I said my piece about treating gaming like the stock market. You're not gonna make anywhere near enough money to live off of doing that, so there's hardly any point to it. The exception, ironically, might be digital items, such as hats in TF2 or skins in CS:GO. I've bought multiple $60 games just by selling some of those. Goes to show that value, be it sentimental or monetary, is determined entirely in the eye of the beholder. Whatever people are willing to pay for something is what it's worth.

If you buy a physical game, and you want to give it to a friend, you can't play it until your friend gives it back.
Which is just a different form of DRM. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to play a game you've already installed on PS4 or XB1 without inserting the disc. At most it should require you to verify that you still own the disc once a month or so. It's an unnecessary inconvenience held over from an age long past when consoles had to constantly read data from the disc/cartridge.

There is an infinite amount of copies of any given digital game while it's for sale. The same cannot be said for physical games.
True, but again, this means nothing for physical games you intend to keep permanently. Besides, these days physical games continue to get printed for just as long as their digital counterparts are for sale, and then the remake/remaster comes along 5-10 years later.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Original comment: Only game not available on Wii U is Mario Odyssey
New comment: Oh, they could run on a Wii U

Aside from the goalpost moving, by your logic Xbox One X is the best console, because it also can run all the Nintendo games if they were just on the console.

Reactions: UltraSUPRA

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Original comment: Only game not available on Wii U is Mario Odyssey
New comment: Oh, they could run on a Wii U

Aside from the goalpost moving, by your logic Xbox One X is the best console, because it also can run all the Nintendo games if they were just on the console.

I said "almost everything" which is a good 75% of the switch current library came from the Wii U. A modded Wii U has more features than the switch. It can play perfect GameCube/Wii games while Switch struggles on Lakka. (Keep in mind you cant even dock Lakka) I just used Mario Odyssey as an example on why it isn't essential to spend $250+ when you have a cheaper alternative.

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
Would you recommend me to buy all shin megami games on 3ds eshop ? I have sky3ds plus and I downloaded everything.

I wanted to buy them now because I just got a job in October 2019 ..... so I would love to some ...... should I ? Hehe

do you recommend digital 3ds games in 2020 ?

Before the job I wont think about hehe but now I can buy almost every game

Also they are all on sale on 3ds and only one day left

Daisy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Would you recommend me to buy all shin megami games on 3ds eshop ? I have sky3ds plus and I downloaded everything.

I wanted to buy them now because I just got a job in October 2019 ..... so I would love to some ...... should I ? Hehe

do you recommend digital 3ds games in 2020 ?

Before the job I wont think about hehe but now I can buy almost every game

Also they are all on sale on 3ds and only one day left

Honestly one of my favourite things about having a job is being able to buy physical games.

Reactions: MohammedQ8

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
Honestly one of my favourite things about having a job is being able to buy physical games.
Yeah I know I would love to go to game stores and retro games store to collect some games ..... but we can’t due to the virus.

when will it ends ? Hehe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A