Persona 5 is being removed from the PlayStation Plus Collection

50542075172_e1ff7a93cc_h.jpg

Announced alongside the latest PlayStation Plus title for May was the detail that the PlayStation Plus Collection--a lineup of 20 games that PS5 users can access so long as they have PS+--will be losing one of its games. In May, Persona 5 will be removed from the collection, with no official reason being given for its removal. However, so long as PlayStation Plus users claim the game prior to May 11th, they'll be able to keep it and still play it, so long as they have an active subscription.

The PS Plus Collection first kicked off in November 2020, to celebrate the launch of the PlayStation 5 and to celebrate its backward compatible capabilities. The other 19 titles will still continue to be available, even after the upcoming rebranding of PS Plus.

Persona 5 will leave the PS Plus Collection on May 11. Add the game to your game library before then to continue to access it while you have an active PlayStation Plus subscription.

:arrow: Source

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As someone who played the original at launch... nah, I agree, It's just bad, and from what I've seen of Royal (as far as late September in-game), none of the major flaws have actually been addressed. They gave that one guy a proper social link, but I haven't seen any indication otherwise that things'll play out differently for him in any meaningful way, and the ridiculous editing to make the player party look dumber in favor of a dumb twist down the line is still there as well. The pacing's actually worse, with all the added minor side-content and the absurd number of days/nights you can't actually do anything for no reason in particular. Party members get even more gimmicks to negate any difficulty battles might've posed, and the grappling hook only exists to make a few exploration bits look flashier. The only 100% positive change is that the new Mementos music is less ear-grating then the original, which is still partially negated by the gimmicks with the robot kid encouraging the player to spend more time grinding there.

Persona 5 had a great soundtrack and good dungeon design, and including negotiations and extra elements again was a nice change as well. Everything else needed a lot of work, but Royal just gives it a couple minor touchups while piling on a bunch of extra baggage.

I still don't agree

• Wow
Reactions: sley

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Announced alongside the latest PlayStation Plus title for May was the detail that the PlayStation Plus Collection--a lineup of 20 games that PS5 users can access so long as they have PS+--will be losing one of its games. In May, Persona 5 will be removed from the collection, with no official reason being given for its removal. However, so long as PlayStation Plus users claim the game prior to May 11th, they'll be able to keep it and still play it, so long as they have an active subscription.

The PS Plus Collection first kicked off in November 2020, to celebrate the launch of the PlayStation 5 and to celebrate its backward compatible capabilities. The other 19 titles will still continue to be available, even after the upcoming rebranding of PS Plus.

:arrow: Source
Persona 5: Extra Golden

McPringles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At any rate, I don't really see this removal as anything noteworthy; May 12th marks 18 months since the launch of the PS5, so it's likely Atlus negotiated for a shorter deal than the other devs and publishers with their titles in the collection - in the short-term, especially in the US and EU, it was useful for marketing Persona 5 Strikers, but in the long term it'd only drive sales away from Royal. I suspect as November approaches we'll see more games getting phased out of the collection, and I'd be surprised if it lasts past November of next year at all.

Sworly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hate to be that guy, but you can get the physical for like, $10; unlike the BS that Nintendo is pulling right now with the 3DS/Wii U eShop, it isn't hard to get a copy of P5 at all, although it sucks that PS is already pulling games off the table, especially with how much of a pain it still is to get a PS5.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1