Persona 5 Tactica and Persona 3 Reload will be coming to non-Microsoft platforms

The newest entries in the Persona series, previously only confirmed for Xbox and PC, have been confirmed to be coming to platforms outside of Microsoft's ecosystem. Persona 3 Reload will be coming to Xbox Series X|S, PC (via Steam and Games Pass), PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5; Persona 5 Tactica will be coming to these same platforms, and will also get a Nintendo Switch release.

These games were announced at Microsoft's Xbox Games Showcase on Sunday, with only Xbox and PC releases being mentioned. Even as more details have come out, however, no other platforms were confirmed. That quietly changed overnight, however, when Atlus updated the official websites to include the other logos and embedded new trailers (still unlisted on their YouTube channel) that mention the PlayStation and Switch releases. Since then, however, they have reverted the official website to its previous form. Screenshots of the website with the additional console logos were captured by Persona modder MeovvCAT on Twitter, and the unlisted mutli-platform trailers are still on Atlus' official YouTube channel (embedded at the top and bottom of this article).

Interestingly, we haven't gotten any more news on Metaphor: ReFantazio, the new game coming from Persona 3, 4 and 5 director Katsura Hashino. It was also announced at the Xbox Showcase and is still only scheduled to release on PC via Game Pass and Xbox Series X|S.

Reshiban

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Personally I don't understand why doing a P3 remake after porting and selling the original game everywhere...

Even if I never played P3 yet, if a remake was planned it makes no sense to me to port the original few months before

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Personally I don't understand why doing a P3 remake after porting and selling the original game everywhere...

Even if I never played P3 yet, if a remake was planned it makes no sense to me to port the original few months before
For the same reason why Capcom remastered Resident Evil 4 in HD before remaking it. The cynical answer is “for money”, the more generous answer is that it’s nice to have the option to play the original *and* the remake on a modern platform.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
P3R will probably get announced at Nintendo's next direct, just like P5 P4 and P3 were. Honestly this remake has pretty much killed all my interest by removing features, and changing the voice actors.

Reactions: AngryCinnabon

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
For the same reason why Capcom remastered Resident Evil 4 in HD before remaking it. The cynical answer is “for money”, the more generous answer is that it’s nice to have the option to play the original *and* the remake on a modern platform.
But mostly money

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the more generous answer is that it’s nice to have the option to play the original *and* the remake on a modern platform.
This I could agree with if the remastered port of P3P was a port of P3 FES with some QOL stuff from Portable like controlling the AI party members. But they just gave us a slightly modified version of P3P with some assets upscaled by AI.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This I could agree with if the remastered port of P3P was a port of P3 FES with some QOL stuff from Portable like controlling the AI party members. But they just gave us a slightly modified version of P3P with some assets upscaled by AI.
Facing the choice between porting a PS2 game and all the new content from P3P versus just porting over the PSP game I can see how making that decision took all of 15 seconds. The company always considered P3P to be the more “complete” release, regardless of what the fans thought about it.

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Facing the choice between porting a PS2 game and all the new content from P3P versus just porting over the PSP game I can see how making that decision took all of 15 seconds. The company always considered P3P to be the more “complete” release, regardless of what the fans thought about it.
It is. It's more polished, have vn stile that they continue to use. Reworked battle system and extended functions to explore labyrinth.
I love FES for 3D scenes + real exploring town\school. But P3P completed first, bcs new features += fast map move on psp was sick too :)
I love both versions!
Ooh, yeah - p3p have fmc story too, but I don't care about here. xD

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I will disagree since the way the P3 is pushed, they consider p3Fes to be the true experience of 3, and now P3R proves that the only reason p3P was ported was that FeMC and her route were not going to be in the remake + easy money.

Now look at the latest Famitsu info. They clearly say Story stuff added in P3FES is in the game, yet nothing from P3P was added

Now the only thing stopping p3R for been just a Remake of FES is the lack of Answer, and even that, I'm expecting to be reworked into some DLC-type deal later.

_TheGuy_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

To be fair, that wasn't the original game. P3P was an alternate PSP version of a PS2 game and the multi-platform release didn't change a lot. It isn't like P4G or P5R that classifies itself as the best version. Instead Portable adds in something new(Female protagonist, new S. Links, new OST) while taking away a big piece of the previous versions(canon epilogue campaign, 3D environments, animated 2D cutscenes).

They probably knew they couldn't make a "best version" with this remake to include everything, so it's released separately. That way the Female MC can still be experienced by newcomers despite not being in P3R.

Reactions: Reshiban

SMNFXCN

fox-raccoon hybrid
Trophies
Website
simonfoxcoon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
i feel like its weird that some people think that the answer or femc is coming later as dlc. it's extremely unlikely
how often does atlus do post launch dlc? they sell dlc at launch then never touch the game again. if any updates happen it's just bug fixes.

like i would rather buy the answer/femc dlc if it was available than not at all. whole point was for it to be definitive. it'd change my mind on this being a dumb remake. feels like it was made exclusively for the "ew p3 is too old" group or smth

Last edited by SMNFXCN,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: food?