cosmo2389

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone! I just recently finished a short fan-comic (doujin) that I started. Currently it stands at four pages (including cover), that's why I'm calling it micro. I may add some more to it later, but currently, it's fine as it stands. I've worked really hard on it, and even did the interior pages in full color!

Just so you know, it's a Neon Genesis Evangelion gag/comedy comic. It's not mean to be serious, just funny. Please look if you like! Comments and feedback will definitely be appreciated! Thanks for looking!
rolleyes.gif

You can check it out:
Cover
Page One
Page Two
Page Three

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, please read it right to left... I felt since it was a Yon Koma (Four Panel) comic, I just had to do it right to left!

distorted.freque

I'm getting mixed signals here!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
cosmo2389 said:
@distorted.frequency

Thanks for the comment! My art's not the best, it's just the way I draw! I like chibis and such! You know?
I can't do chibis...so I envy you for that. I like doing realistic objects though. XD (Check sig if you wanna see the awfulness that is my art.)

cosmo2389

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
They take practice (at least, it took me practice) and a lot of it... I started about four years ago, and I have just now begun actually liking how they look... I guess you could sat they take a lot of fine tuning...

distorted.freque

I'm getting mixed signals here!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
cosmo2389 said:
They take practice (at least, it took me practice) and a lot of it... I started about four years ago, and I have just now begun actually liking how they look... I guess you could sat they take a lot of fine tuning...
Four years?! D: So that's the secret to your success?!

...>_> I wish I was as dedicated. I'm more of a writer person so drawing has always been secondary to me...

(The art stuff I've done were the first ones I've done for that kind of drawing. Did a lot of practice pieces before that though...for class. >_>)

Endogene

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
you should consider using another program to color in you drawings, my self il like to use the "virtual watercolor" tool in corel painter, i used it to color in my "ode to JPH":
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=902...p;#entry1202373

Using this tool OVER the border (when you use watercolors over something black the black stays black) prevents those white lines you have in your comic

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
cosmo2389 said:
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, please read it right to left... I felt since it was a Yon Koma (Four Panel) comic, I just had to do it right to left!
Why? Sorry nothing personal, it's one of my pet hates when people write english comics backwards. Japanese comics (and translations thereof) are backwards for a reason!

Endogene

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Psyfira said:
cosmo2389 said:
Why? Sorry nothing personal, it's one of my pet hates when people write english comics backwards. Japanese comics (and translations thereof) are backwards for a reason!

i think she wanted to give it that "japanese" feel
edit: although yeah i see what you mean

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: yeehaw