Phalk's Nintendo Switch Profiles

phalk

Handheld Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Continuing the discussion about my Nintendo Switch Profile website that started on NX-Activity-Log's thread...

NINTENDO PROFILES​

SHOW YOUR FRIENDS WHAT YOU'VE BEEN PLAYING.

Nintendo Profiles is a website where you can manage and show your progress on Nintendo Switch games. The profile takes data imported from a Nintendo Switch with access to Homebrew Applications or manual input and organizes it into a list that can be shared over social network or forums. You can also generate an auto-updated gamercard with your play time summary and icons of your latest played games!

How to upload data into this website using NX Activity Log NPE.

• First, create an account.
  • Download NX Activity Log NPE's latest release
  • Setup your credentials on login.txt file (included in the app).
  • Open the app on your Nintendo Switch and go to the Settings page.
  • Inside the settings, select "Upload to Nintendo Profiles".
  • You're done! You should now have games in your profile.

Last edited by phalk,

phalk

Handheld Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@phalk thanks for doing this, the page has a very professional looking, and can monitorizing and organize my big backlog :P

I can't make it display all my games however, some missing games: SMT V, ApeOut, DOOM 64, SMT III, Ryza 2, Metal Slug Serie, Resident Evil serie, BoTW, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, etc... All of them are USA releases, if that matters, maybe they have different ID from EUR/JAP

@cucholix I've debugged through your profile and added some missing games (you got some pretty underground titles there, haha).

Maybe these games are missing from your JSON File? If you could send me your export from NX-Activity-Log I can take a look for you.

Ps.: You can check all your uploaded game data using the &debug param on your profile link: https://www.phalk.net/nintendo/profile.php?id=17&debug=1

You can see that the missing data are just from demo titleids, mostly.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
@cucholix I've debugged through your profile and added some missing games (you got some pretty underground titles there, haha).

Maybe these games are missing from your JSON File? If you could send me your export from NX-Activity-Log I can take a look for you.

Ps.: You can check all your uploaded game data using the &debug param on your profile link: https://www.phalk.net/nintendo/profile.php?id=17&debug=1

You can see that the missing data are just from demo titleids, mostly.
I will send you the json once I get home, thanks :)

PD.: If I reupload my list to the page it doesn't overwrite the Playing, Backlog, 100%, Abandoned flags?

phalk

Handheld Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I will send you the json once I get home, thanks :)

PD.: If I reupload my list to the page it doesn't overwrite the Playing, Backlog, 100%, Abandoned flags?

Yeah, you can reupload safely, it will only update the playtime (and only if it's higher than the previous entry).

Reactions: cucholix

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Yeah, it is as I suspected, the games you mentioned are not inside your export file. Something might have gone wrong with the export on NX-Activity-Log's part... I'm not sure how to fix this, but you can still add the games manually.
Maybe I haven’t boot them at all, you see my first Switch died on march and lost all the play time logs, so I guess it’s only counting the games I have played since I got my new Switch, I though it was enough with having those installed with their respective saves, but it seems you need playing to they count.

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just as quick input, since I currently update my library and saw you actively work on new features atm:

First off, love the fact that you actually implent my ideas, wow.
The comment function is well-done, but I thought of it more like leaving a comment on the actual DB entry you know.
Like "HalfScoper said: Good game, worth playing" on the page that everyone accesses when they wanna edit the game, not only on my profile's gamecard :)

phalk

Handheld Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just as quick input, since I currently update my library and saw you actively work on new features atm:

First off, love the fact that you actually implent my ideas, wow.
The comment function is well-done, but I thought of it more like leaving a comment on the actual DB entry you know.
Like "HalfScoper said: Good game, worth playing" on the page that everyone accesses when they wanna edit the game :)

Oh I see. I can do that.

Just added an option to hide entries (to avoid it being re-added after a JSON update), just click on the Sheika Eye on the game page:
1661471166191.png

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Also saw that one and generally speaking a nice feature, if you just wanna keep a personal collection to track and not necessarily share aswell.
But I add and edit entries manually, because I re-did my emuNAND several times in the past and therefore the timestamps are messed up, it also always would add the games from my sysNAND which I actually don't want on that list (but I get that the eye option helps with that last part).

phalk

Handheld Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Take a look @HalfScoper I've added the latest comments to the game page (limited to 1 comment per user, shared with the profile comment -- I think this is enough as the site isn't supposed to be an actual social network).

On another note, I've added an option to rate the game. The individual ratings will generate an user score to be displayed on the game page as well.

• Love
Reactions: HalfScoper

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Awesome, you are the best!
On another note, I visited the site on my phone right now and the general format is fine, however the text on the gamecards is black and the gamecards themselves kinda darkened, would be cool if you could at least make the writing white again :x

phalk

Handheld Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Awesome, you are the best!
On another note, I visited the site on my phone right now and the general format is fine, however the text on the gamecards is black and the gamecards themselves kinda darkened, would be cool if you could at least make the writing white again :x
Yeah, that's because I've used a css property to "lighten" the background (background-blend-mode) that's not supported on all browsers yet. I'll need to think of another way to do this.

phalk

Handheld Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've released an update for NX-Activitity-Log-NPE with some minor changes, now it should give some feedback whether the upload was successful or not.
It will still be considered a success even if you setup your credentials wrong though. I should try to fix that later.

Also, thanks for the tip @HalfScoper I'm having a blast with Raging Loop lol.

Reactions: HalfScoper

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

phalk

Handheld Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not sure how I missed this. 🤷‍♂️

Nice man! You got you own thread. 🥳

Thanks for putting the app stuff on GitHub!
Any chance of putting the backend up as well?
Yeah, I'll upload it to github but it'll take a while, I'm still adding features and it's a bit embarassing right now (spaghetti code) hahaha.

Reactions: binkinator

phalk

Handheld Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Update:
  • You can now export your data from the website in a JSON format similar to the export from NX-Activity-Log . Profile -> Preferences -> Export data;
  • You can now delete all your data in Preferences;
  • Added Disqus comments to the profile entries and game entries.
  • Fixed some missing title ids in the game database.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1