Hacking Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity - English Translation

GorillaGD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's not lose our heads over this. Yes, it's disappointing that the whole process is taking much longer than we had hoped and the lack of regular updates from the one spearheading it leaves some of us questioning the future of this project but it's nothing to throw a temper tantrum over. We all have other things to do and plenty of other games to play, our only choices in the matter is to either give this project more time, do it ourselves or move on. We've already been waiting about 3-4 years for it to get done and more time isn't going to hurt us. We can still hope for a miracle to happen but for now, go do something else so this whole thing won't be bothering you as much.

Last edited by GorillaGD,

GamerX51

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been waiting for this game to receive a fan patch for almost 5 years now, and no one's going to catch me whining or insulting a project lead over it. :glare: I really wish some of these people posting on this thread would grow the hell up and realize that they aren't owed anything. Jam is hacking this massive monster of a game entirely of his own accord, (for free no less) and if he wants to take his sweet ass time doing it, then that's his prerogative. You should all be glad that someone decided to translate this game and let them do it on their own timetable. :angry:

Last edited by GamerX51,
Reactions: JamRules

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've been waiting for this game to receive a fan patch for almost 5 years now, and no one's going to catch me whining or insulting a project lead over it. :glare: I really wish some of these people posting on this thread would grow the hell up and realize that they aren't owed anything. Jam is hacking this massive monster of a game entirely of his own accord, (for free no less) and if he wants to take his sweet ass time doing it, then that's his prerogative. You should all be glad that someone decided to translate this game and let them do it on their own timetable. :angry:
Jam isn't working by himself buddy (I mean currently he ain't working at all but that's beside the point).

Last edited by CathyRina,

TheZeroRaven

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd just like to chime in again, and say that I hope this project is completed, however long it takes. I have been following this exact forum post for multiple years now. It's crazy to think about, but I check this post at least once or twice a week, anticipating any bit of information that is provided. The Phantasy Star Action RPG series of games are some of my favorite games of all time, and it's been very unfortunate to have to rely on importing the last 3 or so games, and also be forced to wait on English patches from very generous people on the internet. I actually have more annoyance with SEGA over basically denying me, many other fans, and potential future fans, the chance to enjoy this awesome series then anything else. I appreciate all the people involved with the translations of this series across multiple systems. I hope to play this translation one day, but I guess if work ends on it, so be it. It's just a game at the end of the day. Anyway, best of wishes to all involved, and hopefully it's seen to completion. I know a lot of fans of this series would really appreciate its release.

Last edited by TheZeroRaven,

tiamat999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say people are more worried than entitled because it looks like the project was just dropped but we cant tell cause no response so i to me this project isnt going to see a release

Reactions: xBladeM6x

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say people are more worried than entitled because it looks like the project was just dropped but we cant tell cause no response so i to me this project isnt going to see a release
Projects go quiet because there's nothing to announce because things get in the way of progress.

Just stop trying to pressure a group into releasing just because it hasnt had an update in a few months.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Uncreative and unproductive response to the conversation.
What? In July we're gonna have a 2 year anniversary since the last lifesign of Jam in this thread and you say it's only few months. Sorry if you found my message uncreative but yours is disingenuous.
Not to mention whos pressuring anyone? That Poll is literally a "What if". Nothing more, nothing less.

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? In July we're gonna have a 2 year anniversary since the last lifesign of Jam in this thread and you say it's only few months. Sorry if you found my message uncreative but yours is disingenuous.
Not to mention whos pressuring anyone? That Poll is literally a "What if". Nothing more, nothing less.
Who cares how long it's been since one person has posted?
My point still stands. Acting entitled to a group's work just because they're not going fast enough for you is shitty.

Reactions: JamRules

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Who cares how long it's been since one person has posted?
Fair enough.

My point still stands. Acting entitled to a group's work just because they're not going fast enough for you is shitty.
Except it has nothing to do with what I said. I was just pointing out facts without commenting on them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative