Hacking Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity - English Translation

asferot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You know, besides all the BS in last few pages, the sad thing is, that for most fans this project is already long dead. At this point only few people even are waiting for it. All PSP 1/2/i communities are long dead too. They were hyped about the translation... Years ago. Now almost no one gives a owls ass about it.

And sorry, but this whole "cant make time, too busy, maybe later" thing started to stink long time ago.
I understand, people get busy, stuff happens in their lives, but for months and months, or at this point its more like years and years... Jam must be the busiest person on the damn world. And Locking the forum profile to private really says a lot.

And I just feel sorry for Weyu, who has to take all the flak.

Last edited by asferot,

Jeffiroi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
People, like me, are self-entitled. The project team did not even receive money for the work they are doing. I know the wait is very antagonizing, but truthfully, no one should be demanding the team for a completion date. This is done out of initiative. If the team is going to release it later or never, it is up to them. If there are internal dispute within the team, let them handle it. There was an update by JamRules last May 9 on the very first post of this thread. And for me I guess, this is enough to know that somehow Jam is still not out of commission. Well, I guess this is how I vent out my frustrations with other people who are also waiting, whether patiently or in a very demanding way. Like I first said, people are self-entitled.

Reactions: JamRules

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After nearly two years since vanishing, JamRules finally wised up and blocked users from viewing his posting history. He's also taken some time to 'Like' multiple posts from supporters. What this means:

1) He's no longer completely inactive.
2) Concealing his inactive posting history suggests some level of shame/remorse for abandoning two separate translation teams.
3) Those of you waiting years hoping for his return finally have something tangible to cling to.

JamRules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After nearly two years since vanishing, JamRules finally wised up and blocked users from viewing his posting history. He's also taken some time to 'Like' multiple posts from supporters. What this means:

1) He's no longer completely inactive.
2) Concealing his inactive posting history suggests some level of shame/remorse for abandoning two separate translation teams.
3) Those of you waiting years hoping for his return finally have something tangible to cling to.

Actually didn't realize (remember?) my profile was private

SaberLilly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will wait an eternity if i have too, I have plenty of games to keep me occupied in the meantime. I just can't wait to see the end result

Reactions: Manana

SpitFire95

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I watch this thread now since the beginning laying low and just wanted to share my appreciation and to say thank you for all this hard work up til now.
I realy hope to see the patch completed some day until then thank you and keep up the updates even if that should mean that there won't be a patch.

Kotomine Kirei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, besides all the BS in last few pages, the sad thing is, that for most fans this project is already long dead. At this point only few people even are waiting for it. All PSP 1/2/i communities are long dead too. They were hyped about the translation... Years ago. Now almost no one gives a owls ass about it.

I think that a lot of people are still waiting for it, though not avidly, and that they would be elated to see the translation finished.

Manana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that a lot of people are still waiting for it, though not avidly, and that they would be elated to see the translation finished.

Exactly, no ones losing sleep over it but when it finally comes out it'll be a psp renaissance W/ this and God Eater 2. I can see the cold bird server flourishing already.

Merik2013

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

About this, while you're spot on that the community has been reduced to a minuscule size over the years, there is a discord group that still actively facilitates grouping up on these games. PSP2i, while completely untranslated, is still more commonly played than PSP2 in this group. I see grouping requests almost every day here.

mattwo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I wouldn't, I'd wait on someone with the time and skills to fix it, now that everyone can access it. The difference between an open source translation and whatever the fuck this current translation is (if it even EXISTS) is you can see actual progress instead of screenshots or hearsay. Sick assumptions but make some arguments instead mate.

What exactly do expect to happen when it goes open source? They're not getting the help they need now and that won't change if it did. All that would happen is people would steal the code and others would compile it to play the patch early. TortiseSVN is surprisingly easy to use you know...

ArtyMarty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I consider PSP2i to be my perfect action-RPG and the best game in the series, so count me as "eagerly waiting". The game hasn't gotten less amazing.

padoca85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What exactly do expect to happen when it goes open source? They're not getting the help they need now and that won't change if it did. All that would happen is people would steal the code and others would compile it to play the patch early. TortiseSVN is surprisingly easy to use you know...

Weyu actually tried to start the project over a while ago and recruit new people to help. Then Jam came out of the grave, and Weyu droped the new project, since Jam was back...then Jam went MIA again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Oh God no :ohnoes:
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pineapple is the safe word?
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog: