Hacking Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity - English Translation

Hargrun

Support the arts! (The games, silly.)
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm always glad to see more and more people interested in the project. Makes my day~
Wat? You guys are doing what not even the (still extremely legendary) Coldbird was able to finish!

If there's some kind of Valhalla for gamers you are already on the list, for sure.

LoliRam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wat? You guys are doing what not even the (still extremely legendary) Coldbird was able to finish!

If there's some kind of Valhalla for gamers you are already on the list, for sure.

Hell, if you wanna go that route I mean... Coldbird had priorities and this game wasn't one of them, which is perfectly fine and I understand entirely.

All members of our current group have the time and the drive to finish whats necessary to make this game a fine polished product for everyone to enjoy. Me personally? I'm ridiculously overjoyed I could be a part of it as it just warms my heart to help out people whereever possible. This game is ridiculously fun to play and deserves a proper translation and I feel everyone else who enjoys should get one as well! I'm just glad that Jamz came around. Honestly, he deserves the most credit in my opinion :P

Reactions: Nessly and Hargrun

Hargrun

Support the arts! (The games, silly.)
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Honestly, he deserves the most credit in my opinion :P
Totally agreed!

I just cited Coldbird because without him we wouldn't have the PRO-C to begin... But in fact, MAAANY ppl have tried doing what you are doing now and because a number of causalities (mainly life itself) couldn't.

EDIT
I know he had plans to modify other things too, like balancing stats and stuff. A man with big ideas, no doubt... But very little time.

oxMUDxo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been watching this for some time and Im really excited about your project, Im a big Phantasy Star fan I go way back to Phantasy Star on the Sega Master System... damn I getting old, anyways its great to see such young talent being put to good use.
I do have one question tho.
When this is all done how will it work?
Im guessing you will make a program so we can patch the Japanese version of the ISO/CSO?

Anyway thanks for all the work you guys are doing.
Keep it. :)

LoliRam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When this is all done how will it work?
Im guessing you will make a program so we can patch the Japanese version of the ISO/CSO?

I believe it was somewhere along the lines of a patched ISO itself, not exactly a patchER. Little to early decide just yet as Jamz is still changing up his program.

JamRules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe it was somewhere along the lines of a patched ISO itself, not exactly a patchER. Little to early decide just yet as Jamz is still changing up his program.

There's no way I would distribute a patched iso, amongst other reasons I don't want to encourage piracy, it'll either be a .ppf or xdelta patch.

Core Deadeye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been wondering about something. In the CG videos of the game, there are subtitles in the videos, if I remember correctly. Can those subtitles be translated, or are they are part of the video rather than simple subtitles.

Oh, and don't think that I'm being impatient ( I have no problem waiting), but what has been completed so far on the patch?

I really appreciate the work that's being put into this.

JamRules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been wondering about something. In the CG videos of the game, there are subtitles in the videos, if I remember correctly. Can those subtitles be translated, or are they are part of the video rather than simple subtitles.

Oh, and don't think that I'm being impatient ( I have no problem waiting), but what has been completed so far on the patch?

I really appreciate the work that's being put into this.

This is one of the only psp games I have seen to use softsubs, but PPSSPP doesn't support them (or it didn't last I looked).
The focus is on getting everything else done first, at worst we'll add hardsubs to the top of the video

zxelman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanna say, I look forward to playing this in English. While the game is playable the way it is, I don't like tripping and fumbling over things and having to read a guide to get through stuff that could be solved just by being able to read it. I was tempted at some point to play the whole game that way, it just feels cumbersome to me.

I'll be watching this thread. As long as I see some activity and bit of progress every once in awhile, I don't mind this project taking awhile. Do your best guys.

Merik2013

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you make sure to prepare a translated iso for us on PC for use on PPSSPP? I would also appreciate someone preparing a workaround online server with Evolve. I would absolutely love to play this game, but I have no time, money, or patience to import a defunct console or out of print game just to play it. Maybe I would have if this was prepared back in Coldbird's time, but that was ages ago. Always felt left in the cold when they refused to bring this game overseas.

JamRules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you make sure to prepare a translated iso for us on PC for use on PPSSPP? I would also appreciate someone preparing a workaround online server with Evolve. I would absolutely love to play this game, but I have no time, money, or patience to import a defunct console or out of print game just to play it. Maybe I would have if this was prepared back in Coldbird's time, but that was ages ago. Always felt left in the cold when they refused to bring this game overseas.

As I said before I won't be encouraging piracy by uploading an iso,
though I'm sure others will. Also since its much better on an actual psp, because its not bugged, thats the main focus.

Not sure how much it is in the US but you can get it ~£10 new

Reactions: Jeffiroi

LoliRam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What's been completed so far (running straight from my own head...):

Monster Names/Descriptions
Boss Names/Descriptions
A large chunk of menu text and some dialogue here and there
Weapon names are complete but can't be reinserted for texting just yet.

Doesn't seem like a lot but that's a pretty huge amount of work thats been covered thus far. Episode 2 is partially complete IIRC...

Can you make sure to prepare a translated iso for us on PC for use on PPSSPP? I would also appreciate someone preparing a workaround online server with Evolve. I would absolutely love to play this game, but I have no time, money, or patience to import a defunct console or out of print game just to play it.

I was kind of dopey to even mention the possibility of a pirated ISO. That will not happen whatsoever. Jamz will, however, as he has mentioned, release a .ppf / xdelta patch (whatever those might be, my knowledge is meager lol) making it playable for everyone. We'll still be catering towards everyone's desires: Those that will play on PSP and those that will play PC, so don't worry. The goal is to have an end product that anyone who loves the game/series will enjoy in English.

As for the server process, I don't think anyone has a private server setup in mind or in progress. Probably too much work... There is, however, a proper working adhoc fix for PPSSPP that works with PSP2i, but it's not combined with the graphical fix. I PM'd the gentleman responsible for the AdHoc fix about him potentially combining the two fixes, but I've yet to get word back. We'll see what happens.

Btw, it never hurts to at least show your support, even if the company doesn't seem to care about one single person buying their game 3-4 years down the line. A copy of the game in states (at least for me) was $15. Very reasonable.

Merik2013

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Btw, it never hurts to at least show your support, even if the company doesn't seem to care about one single person buying their game 3-4 years down the line. A copy of the game in states (at least for me) was $15. Very reasonable.

I would be inclined to agree with you if this game was still in print or available digitally, but that's not how it works. The way retail sales work is that the dev gets payed when the copies are ordered in bulk by the retailer. every copy on the store shelf has already made money for the dev. The way devs continue to make money is when the retailer has to order a fresh batch. by buying a new copy at this juncture you aren't supporting the dev at all, not really. This has been my understanding at least.

Fefo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
lol, I'm amazed that people can even FIND this game. Good luck with this here.

Jam, does aplying the said patch would be as simple as 1+1=2? A PSP game that I can't remember was much less simple and pratical to patch than with xDelta.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious