phonebloks

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I think it's very interesting. Also very hard to achieve, different hardware needs different drivers, might have different pin configurations, different number of pins... making a universal base PCB and OS is very complicated. The OS is the easiest part. Note how occasionally x86 CPUs will change to a new socket type, requiring you to replace the mobo, and sometimes even the RAM type changes so you have to replace that too along with the mobo. It's a similar thing for mobile devices.
But it would definitely be awesome if achieved.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Won't appeal to anyone except Geeks. If it ever gets in production, it'll fail dismally.

I'm not hating, I just keep in mind the market's demands.

The design is horrible for the mass-market, and most people just won't understand the appeal behind it, and the thought of replacing parts will scare them.

Also, it's not "SAMSUNG" or "APPLE".

Kirito-kun

Disciple of GabeN
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You could already do the same thing with desktop PCs, yet why isn't everyone building their computer form individual part? Cause 90% of consumers are lazy and ignorant and don't like the concept of having to think. I'm willing to bet that 75% of desktop owners haven't even tried opening their system's case up once.

Reactions: Boy12 and Xexyz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps5-m2sdd-quit-working-in-ps5.622567/page-2 guess I'm not the only...