Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

Raugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have a boot0 from a pikofly console and I can confirm that the bct normal and safe are modified (the backup ones no) Probably that is the reason because is not possible to launch HOS.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

scd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh cool! saw that but thought it might be too sketchy for me, does this also apply to that dat0 port?

Those are are just the V1 and V2 solder points in lieu of the chip flex cable. If you’re doing an OLED you should probably buy the DAT0 cable. They are tricky enough to get right as is. I‘m sure some folks on this thread could make it work with just a wire but if you were one of them you wouldn’t be asking the question, so buy the DAT0. :-)

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan

scd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Those are are just the V1 and V2 solder points in lieu of the chip flex cable. If you’re doing an OLED you should probably buy the DAT0 cable. They are tricky enough to get right as is. I‘m sure some folks on this thread could make it work with just a wire but if you were one of them you wouldn’t be asking the question, so buy the DAT0. :-)
thank you! got a switch lite that I have abandoned due to the steam deck that would be perfect for this, need to get a pinecil and work my way up to the switch

Reactions: binkinator

MusicCanKill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I haven't tested anything from here yet on an actual console but without a console all do the exact same thing when flashed to the pico.
To the people that try to reverse it : What is the actual obstacle that you can't get past?
Has anyone found the exact function that does something with the ID that is getting read from the flash?

TheSynthax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Tafty Did yours go through training or just start up immediately?

Also, anyone know specifically what "GRB / RGB LED mode" pads do? or if pins 0/1 chip reset does anything? Maybe those functions weren't implemented yet on the "ubuntu" firmware as we're calling it?

Last edited by TheSynthax,

Tafty

Trophies
XP
Country
@Tafty Did yours go through training or just start up immediately?

Also, anyone know specifically what "GRB / RGB LED mode" pads do? or if pins 0/1 chip reset does anything? Maybe those functions weren't implemented yet on the "ubuntu" firmware as we're calling it?
the first time you turn it on...it does seem to go through a training proces..but its very short then it goes into trying to glitch.
basically you turn it on..it goes blue led to a solid white led...then to blue again...then green to confirm.

now if you install it wrong it goes through the same process but will fail after the white led.with a colour that shows which point isnt working...so maybe its not training on first boot, just checking it is all correct before attempting to glitch

i hope that makes sense

TheSynthax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the first time you turn it on...it does seem to go through a training proces..but its very short then it goes into trying to glitch.
basically you turn it on..it goes blue led to a solid white led...then to blue again...then green to confirm.

now if you install it wrong it goes through the same process but will fail after the white led.with a colour that shows which point isnt working...so maybe its not training on first boot, just checking it is all correct before attempting to glitch

i hope that makes sense
Mine does blue > brighter blue (very brief) > white > green

I'll touch up my CPU points.

TheSynthax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that sounds right to be honest

is it showing the no sd card screen once it has gone green?
Nope, black screen. I'm not convinced the console isn't just faulty, might have to try with a known working console. Was hoping this one had just bricked itself instead of having a hard fault. I'll investigate it's power delivery, MAX77812 is getting a little warm. It will pink screen without the chip installed.

Last edited by TheSynthax,

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
That is all the stuff that is in the Nintendo Developer Portal.
No secret Nintendo internal design documents and codes with SHA2048 keys to the castle.
If you're admitted to the developer program, you can access all this information anyway.
But still fun for everyone who's application Nintendo turned down.
By the way, if someone would have removed all those 4K bmp images, the contents would be down to a few gigabytes.
Which genius at Nintendo thought that providing 4K bmp images is a reasonable idea?

Reactions: szubiennica

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme