Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
hahahaha im the same , but the thing is most of those damaged board go from 100-150€ some i saw go for 200 insane prices Xd i dont understand why people pay so much for them

apparently there are plenty of people who value their time far lower than the rest of us.

Reactions: QuiTim

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Sweeter words have never been spoken.

I'm going on a Switch-killing spree till I get reballing right. I'm done with those adaptors.

Can't wait for my AMAOE kit
Post automatically merged:

habibi, You're not on board with reballing nor drilling. Do you really enjoy using these adaptors?
I'm not against any of these of these methods but you people ignore risks involved in every technique. Using an adapter would not have the same outcome of drilling a freaking hole in a PCB rendering it useless if something goes wrong.

hahahaha im the same , but the thing is most of those damaged board go from 100-150€ some i saw go for 200 insane prices Xd i dont understand why people pay so much for them
I bought a brand new oled logic board for $135 on ebay not too long ago. There's no way a damaged logic board would sell for that much unless you're getting scammed.

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not against any of these of these methods but you people ignore risks involved in every technique. Using an adapter would not have the same outcome of drilling a freaking hole in a PCB rendering it useless if something goes wrong.
kamikaze mod/drilling is not meant to be used for beginner at first place, and I see more hassles with dat0 adapter back from clone SX chip to picofly, compared to reball eMMC. Massive new money vaccummer starts modchip installation service yet lack of skill leaving countable of 2nd hand dead/half-life mainboard listed on marketplace.
We all have different scale of learning path, adapter may be your first attempt, but you wont stick with it when you stand behind your work.

Last edited by jkyoho,

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

I bought a brand new oled logic board for $135 on ebay not too long ago. There's no way a damaged logic board would sell for that much unless you're getting scammed.
how can u get scammed on a defective board Xd

Check This Out !!!

Dk2022

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, guys! I'm thinking in use aon7506 in cpu in my first instalation whit mosfet. which is the best model dfn8 or qfn8? is there any difference?

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
kamikaze mod/drilling is not meant to be used for beginner at first place, and I see more hassles with dat0 adapter back from clone SX chip to picofly, compared to reball eMMC. Massive new money vaccummer starts modchip installation service yet lack of skill leaving countable of 2nd hand dead/half-life mainboard listed on marketplace.
We all have different scale of learning path, adapter may be your first attempt, but you wont stick with it when you stand behind your work.
I do reball if someone asks for it and I charge an extra fee.

how can u get scammed on a defective board Xd

Check This Out !!!
You're looking in the wrong places.

If you want scrap boards you can contact this seller
I bear no responsibility if you get scammed.

Last edited by Hassal,

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
hi friends,
do you have the CLK resistor value ON OLED it is the same value as the SWITCH V1 and V2
Thank you very much
Are you talking about CMD resistor? CLK point on OLED are straight scraping out at top CPU shield edge though.
CMD resistor is 4.7k ohm , you can check V1/V2 RST point resistor. Should be 4.7k ohm as well, double check when taking out before you install

swutch

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I've soldered many OLED switches with a dat0 adapter, hwfly and picofly, and got zero problems even a year later.
It works well if you use a good adapter. One thing you shouldn't do is to add pressure to the adapter wile soldering it permanetly.

Last edited by swutch,
Reactions: snaker and LuigiGad

morganno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are you talking about CMD resistor? CLK point on OLED are straight scraping out at top CPU shield edge though.
CMD resistor is 4.7k ohm , you can check V1/V2 RST point resistor. Should be 4.7k ohm as well, double check when taking out before you install
It's good CLK I'm sending you a picture

Attachments

• RenderedImage.jpeg
    RenderedImage.jpeg
    740.2 KB · Views: 30

arvs

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
There are three methods available that I would consider proper:

- Emmc Reball with 0.1mm enamel wire soldered to the dat0 point
- Green emmc adapter (works as a man-in-the-middle-sandwich between motherboard and emmc)
- layer drilling
"Layer Drilling" Reminds me a bit of the Kamikaze method to rewrite firmware on xbox cd drive to be abe to use burned game disks. Although drilling through chip is much more daring than drilling through pcb.

aleciobr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Does anyone know the values of these oled resistors

Attachments

• 1ca64930aa1744bfddc59cfca747b2a88c9f5be1_2_622x500.jpeg
    1ca64930aa1744bfddc59cfca747b2a88c9f5be1_2_622x500.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 34

roxzii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks for the reply! I haven't messed around too much around there. Could a tiny spec of thermal paste do anything like this? I noticed that when I cleaned the APU with IPA some tiny pieces of thermal paste went under the metal shielding and near the ram chips, I tried cleaning as best as I could, but maybe some tiny spec ended up in the wrong place? In the photo I've attached there can be seen tiny specs of thermal paste between traces. Anyway, I'm going to check those traces right away, thank you!
Hey @abal1000x , remember this post from some time ago?

Well, since then I found what appears to be a bit of damage to the 3 traces by the clk point, some light scratching, probably being dumb cutting the shield with inappropriate tools. I hadn't noticed because it's so close to the APU.

There's what I think is a scratch exposing both the middle and and the trace closest to the ground from the shield. It doesn't look deep enough to cut the traces, but it would explain everything.

Do you think this could be my problem, since all points to RAM?

Attachments

• IMG_20230727_003339.jpg
    IMG_20230727_003339.jpg
    903.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20230727_003545.jpg
    IMG_20230727_003545.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 25
Last edited by roxzii,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1