Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

blackheartme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
On

Only time I've seen slow mode is a dat0 short with dat1.
Another modders fault sent to me.

Problem was on taking the chip out all he had was a pink screen on boot.

Report was it was crashing in OFW before - so corruption due to poorly installed dat0 adaptor.

I had to take out the old dat0, install a new one... rewrite the entire NAND user partition.
But as it was a dummy his serial number was different from the one on his Switch's case.

Never seen slow mode before or since that to be honest.

Just to be safe - after seeing that & before I sell, I check every console does not give slow mode.
i see, id better use a new adapter then to make sure, the slow emunand problem keep confusing me lol

thanks for your input

RiotRetroGaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i see, id better use a new adapter then to make sure, the slow emunand problem keep confusing me lol

thanks for your input

Just offset the adaptor on install to the right hand side so it's between an unused BGA ball and DAT0.
The left hand alignment screenprint on adaptor should not be seen and the right hand one will be past the chip by a mm or so.

No returns still my end! Lol

Attachments

• 375761-723821ff56f9f1d5a35b49058c73c58f.jpg
    375761-723821ff56f9f1d5a35b49058c73c58f.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 24

Xoloth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Tested Pico W today, the LED does not work and the switch does not boot with the pico w attached. Had to remove it in order for it to boot. If @rehius supports the pico w in the picofly firmware i will test it again and post the results here.

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Tested Pico W today, the LED does not work and the switch does not boot with the pico w attached. Had to remove it in order for it to boot. If @rehius supports the pico w in the picofly firmware i will test it again and post the results here.
I dont think LED debugging error code will work outside of ZERO, ONE or XIAO seeed(no GPIO16 CONTROL to RGB LED expcet those 3models) . Just like rp2040-pico, you have to do detection pin jumper and finger cross

Xoloth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I dont think LED debugging error code will work outside of ZERO, ONE or XIAO seeed(no GPIO16 CONTROL to RGB LED expcet those 3models) . Just like rp2040-pico, you have to do detection pin jumper and finger cross
Led works with Raspberry Pi Pico (without W) but not for Pico W. Its not RGB but with latest firmware there is no need for RGB. If I somehow trick the firmware to thinking its normal Pico it might work (or not).

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Led works with Raspberry Pi Pico (without W) but not for Pico W. Its not RGB but with latest firmware there is no need for RGB. If I somehow trick the firmware to thinking its normal Pico it might work (or not).
I see. From pico LED is controlled by GPIO25 where picoW is GPIO0 maybe that's why?

Xoloth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I see. From pico LED is controlled by GPIO25 where picoW is GPIO0 maybe that's why?
Its not actually GPIO0, its connected to the wireless chip's GPIO0. I manually cut the trace of the GPIO25 which is connected to the wireless chip and connected it directly to the led which worked! Now I get an error code of one short two long pulse. Its says poor wiring or dead CPU in the troubleshoot page. Since the switch works without pico w installed I dont think its dead CPU but my connections also does not bad. And since I put solder mask on the pads i have no idea how to test the connections. Any idea?

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Its not actually GPIO0, its connected to the wireless chip's GPIO0. I manually cut the trace of the GPIO25 which is connected to the wireless chip and connected it directly to the led which worked! Now I get an error code of one short two long pulse. Its says poor wiring or dead CPU in the troubleshoot page. Since the switch works without pico w installed I dont think its dead CPU but my connections also does not bad. And since I put solder mask on the pads i have no idea how to test the connections. Any idea?
Can you go to ofw? I strongly believe you got those famous black screen or purple screen or similar.

Xoloth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Can you go to ofw? I strongly believe you got those famous black screen or purple screen or similar.
If i remove the pico w i can boot into ofw. I tried checking the connections again and now im getting one long three short pulses which means emmc init failure. Is there a fix for that?

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
If i remove the pico w i can boot into ofw. I tried checking the connections again and now im getting one long three short pulses which means emmc init failure. Is there a fix for that?
Then you have poor wiring.

If you got cmd1 request missing, and the cpu is working then the booting process failed, could be the cpu can't connect to dram. And its the famous black/purple screen.

Or it could be simply your CMD/CLK/DAT0 wiring are unstable, so the cmd1 request is not detected.

Since after that you got emmc init failure, it leads to the possibility that you have bad wiring on CMD/CLK/DAT0.

Xoloth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey

If you got cmd1 request missing, and the cpu is working then the booting process failed, could be the cpu can't connect to dram. And its the famous black/purple screen.

Or it could be simply your CMD/CLK/DAT0 wiring are unstable, so the cmd1 request is not detected.

Since after that you got emmc init failure, it leads to the possibility that you have bad wiring on CMD/CLK/DAT0.
How can i detect the bad wiring problem? I tested the continuity with the alternative soldering points and all of the points are connected without any problem. I cant desolder the wires and resolder them because i put solder mask on top of them.

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How can i detect the bad wiring problem? I tested the continuity with the alternative soldering points and all of the points are connected without any problem. I cant desolder the wires and resolder them because i put solder mask on top of them.
Well u can check with continuity like u already did , and u may get a good reading but if it nor connected properly u might have signal issues.

Adding UV Mask is the Last thing u wanna do till u male sure that everything works.

If u heat the UV mask with a hot air gun or with the soldering iron its easier to remove, but u will have to be very carefull on those solder point on the board so u don't heat them up to much or rip them off.

Danook28

Trophies
XP
Country
Oman

I have same other new oled console boot ofw with disconect dat0 in raspberry pi pico put with conect dat0 is not boot black secreen and only blinking yellow light for long time. I use fw 2.74 firmware i bridge the 2 point gp22 and gnd to installing fw 2.74 to it.not remove that bridge.now im wating for Rp2040 and the adapter.
When add adapter the first time it give read 0.532 v and then i move little bit to right it give read 0.644 v my console still working ofw normall. Thanks

Last edited by Danook28,

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have same other new oled console boot ofw with disconect dat0 in raspberry pi pico put with conect dat0 is not boot black secreen and only blinking yellow light for long time. I use fw 2.74 firmware i bridge the 2 point gp22 and gnd to installing fw 2.74 to it.not remove that bridge.now im wating for Rp2040 and the adapter.
When add adapter the first time it give read 0.532 v and then i move little bit to right it give read 0.644 v my console still working ofw normall. Thanks
Why are u using the 2.74 firmware it has a known issue with some raspberrys that's why its depriciated so do not use it any more.

Reactions: QuiTim and Danook28

Xoloth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Well u can check with continuity like u already did , and u may get a good reading but if it nor connected properly u might have signal issues.

Adding UV Mask is the Last thing u wanna do till u male sure that everything works.

If u heat the UV mask with a hot air gun or with the soldering iron its easier to remove, but u will have to be very carefull on those solder point on the board so u don't heat them up to much or rip them off
heating up the solder mask did the job and i removed all of the mask successfully and resoldered every wire. but the problem still continues. same error code as the last one and im sure the issue is not about my soldering skills as i've installed two more pico other than this one. any other ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :wub: