Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

cgtchy0412

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Why not use a reed switch placed in the cartridge slot and a 3d printed empty cartridge with a magnet that can be put in 2 positions? Left position to have the reed switch make contact, right position to break the contact.
Early internal payload injector hacks were using the reed switch in order to press a button.
The DragonInjector also showed that you can put a lot of stuff in a single cartridge.
Yes .. i think we just need normally open reed switch, also it can be put anywhere.

Also anyone knows whether neodim magnet will destroy emmc data or even chip itself, as i also want to put little magnet into dat0 adapter just so somebody can wiggle it using a magnet to solve a potential disconnection after long use without even diassembe thw whole unit.

twins333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I've found bug in the firmware, that it didn't properly sleep.
Read my previous post.
I read it, but I think rehius will properly fix it at some point. Also your change/fork should partially fix this. Or am I mistaken and this is not something that can be solved via software? I know it's really fun to think solutions to this problem, but it will be most likely solved in a more elegant way than adding more hardware mods.

Last edited by twins333,

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes .. i think we just need normally open reed switch, also it can be put anywhere.

Also anyone knows whether neodim magnet will destroy emmc data or even chip itself, as i also want to put little magnet into dat0 adapter just so somebody can wiggle it using a magnet to solve a potential disconnection after long use without even diassembe thw whole unit.

This is dumb. Don't do this. If you're going through all this effort, reball and set a permanent Dat0.

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
My new adapter goes to ofw perfectly.
Untitled.png

1.png

2.png

https://github.com/abal1000x/emmc_adapter/releases/tag/v2.0.0

Last edited by abal1000x,

Dlacica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Today I tried to install Rp2040-tiny into a switch oled. Didn't went well. I can boot into hekate but I got error Failed to init eMMC.
Any ideas what to do?
Edit: switch is in rcm mode.

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I already strip all off, basically now is without rp2040 and the board is in rcm mode
if it goes into rcm mode that means u have messued up the emmc , let me guess u used dat0 Adapter?

some picture of the install would be nice any ways maybe u messed up a solder point or something and we can see it

Dlacica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Dat0 adapter is the same that I always use, I think it wasn't the issue with the adapter, I messed it up. Question is what can I do now?

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Dat0 adapter is the same that I always use, I thin it wasn't the issue with the adapter, I messed it up. Question is what can I do now?
so u say its not the dat0 that is the issue? Dont want to provide wich one it is cause u always use them ?
u dont want to uploads pics so we can see if we maybe see a issue?

Answer is with not more info we cannot help u , since u most likley have a issue with the emmc that means change the emmc install a chip and rebuild the nand and u can use the switch again without nintendo services

Dlacica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so u say its not the dat0 that is the issue? Dont want to provide wich one it is cause u always use them ?
u dont want to uploads pics so we can see if we maybe see a issue?

Answer is with not more info we cannot help u , since u most likley have a issue with the emmc that means change the emmc install a chip and rebuild the nand and u can use the switch again without nintendo services
This is the adapter, I really didn't have any issues whit it in the past

Attachments

• 16939386416386590549654482449222.jpg
    16939386416386590549654482449222.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
  • Haha
Reactions: Danook28 and snaker

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is the adapter, I really didn't have any issues whit it in the past
16939386416386590549654482449222.jpg

that in the circle is that still copper? so connected to the dat0 point ?
if that is the case then u def have bridged dat0 with dat1 and corrupted the emmc , only way is pretty much rebuild the nand.

depends on how badly damaged the emmc is u might gonna have to replace it with a different one.
that means take the emmc of reball a new one and reflow it , then install a chip and rebuild the nand completly and wont be able to use nintendo services as far as i know

There are a Few people who have already had issues with those 0AT0 adapter

Reactions: Danook28

Dlacica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That in the circle is still copper, I have jailbroken a few oled switches newer had issues with the nand and Dat0. It was so connected to the nand

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That in the circle is still copper, I have jailbroken a few oled switches newer had issues with the nand and Dat0. It was so connected to the nand
Well if that side peace is copper then it has def bridged ur dat0 with dat1.

Normal u don't have that much copper on the side and only the "circle" that goes around the dat0 point , check ur other adapter and u will see what I mean.
I'll see if I have a DAT 0 adapter laying around to show u that , that is not normal.

Well now u have one welcome to the modding scene XD.

That's why I only set permanent dat0 adapters and reball the emmc
Post automatically merged:

U see how this looks
Post automatically merged:

but the thing is i dont think that is the dat0 adapter u installed?
lets see the one u installed maybe that one doesnt have that issue.
if it looks the same as the one u made a picture from then u have a bad batch of those adapter

Attachments

• FGUJXvCUYAMfwcN.jpg
    FGUJXvCUYAMfwcN.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited by Dee87,

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
View attachment 392198

that in the circle is that still copper? so connected to the dat0 point ?
if that is the case then u def have bridged dat0 with dat1 and corrupted the emmc , only way is pretty much rebuild the nand.

depends on how badly damaged the emmc is u might gonna have to replace it with a different one.
that means take the emmc of reball a new one and reflow it , then install a chip and rebuild the nand completly and wont be able to use nintendo services as far as i know

There are a Few people who have already had issues with those 0AT0 adapter
Dont you think the red circled piece goes to the left on DAT0 ball which means is the NC ball yet the dat1 on the right side.

Reactions: Dee87

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: guys why the hell is my internet connection so shit rn?