Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad for your reply. I was satisfied when I heard that. My mod is just getting started. I want to acquire skills and knowledge little by little and eventually become successful. thank you! :)
"use proper tip and solder"

I'm glad for your reply. surely. Looks like my work was too bad. I would try removing the flex cable and using wire or a new flex cable if possible.
Also, congratulations on modifying the MOSFET!:lol:
Post automatically merged:

Hello. I'm currently redoing the picofly flex cable. Can someone please tell me the multimeter's diode mode measurements for Switch Lite's A, B, C, and D points? Thanks in advance!:)
Thank you! It’s been a long process trying to figure out that I got a bad batch of mosfets.

In terms of your readings I always want me readings between 0.5 to 0.9. That would be on DAT0, CMD, and CLK. According to your flex cable that would be points A, C, and D.

Make sure that you are using flux. It will help your solder flow and make a much cleaner install.

Any One know why nintendo switch oled with good reading dat0 adapter from. 0.696 V to 0.701v only black secreen this is The 3 oled with same problem but all console working fine. The adapter is not bad at all. I can add pic. Thanks
Post install. Check for shorts. Is the pico flashing an error? Also, check the lcd fpc connector. Make sure you didn’t bend any pins reinstalling the cable.

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
@abal1000x's reball adapter vs the aliexpress one :) price 0.3€ each vs 7€ each
a big plus that I see with abal1000x's variant is that all bga153 points are present, which means no loose solder balls to take care of after reballing. saves a few minutes. Thank you @abal1000x

Attachments

• 2021_0323_130511_087.JPG
    2021_0323_130511_087.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 21

Myst0gan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to mod mzy first OLED, is the dat0 flex supposed to be like that?? And... What should I read on diode mode??

Edit: first time I used to get OL, now I get like .473V, I'm guessing it's fine, right or I made contact with a different point??

Attachments

• IMG_20231219_175440.jpg
    IMG_20231219_175440.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 25

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to mod mzy first OLED, is the dat0 flex supposed to be like that?? And... What should I read on diode mode??

Edit: first time I used to get OL, now I get like .473V, I'm guessing it's fine, right or I made contact with a different point??

bruh. the white line on the flex is supposed to align with the edge of the emmc. the flex slides in a few mm under the emmc

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
The orientation is good. Make sure to put slight pressure on the adapter (with tweezers, pushing forward on to adapter) while you solder anchor points.
Readings depend on the dmm and which color probe you put where but 0.4 to 0.8 should be ok
Edit: upon seeing deeps replay above (I understand his skepticism :D ) I hope that you know that the adapter goes under emmc right? and you were asking for alignment :)

Last edited by QuiTim,

toribird

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thank you! It’s been a long process trying to figure out that I got a bad batch of mosfets.

In terms of your readings I always want me readings between 0.5 to 0.9. That would be on DAT0, CMD, and CLK. According to your flex cable that would be points A, C, and D.

Make sure that you are using flux. It will help your solder flow and make a much cleaner install.

Post install. Check for shorts. Is the pico flashing an error? Also, check the lcd fpc connector. Make sure you didn’t bend any pins reinstalling the cable.
I think it's a great technique! Thank you again for letting me know the measurements!
May I ask you some more questions?
The measured values of points A, C, and D on my Switch Lite are around 750. However, point B cannot be measured. do you think this is normal?

I tried re-soldering the flex cable, but I still get the error [=*D0 is not connected]. The values at points A, C, and D look normal. I would be happy if you could give me any hints.
There are no plans at the moment, but I would like to try again using wire instead of flex cable this time.
Thank you all from the bottom of my heart! :)

Myst0gan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The orientation is good. Make sure to put slight pressure on the adapter (with tweezers, pushing forward on to adapter) while you solder anchor points.
Readings depend on the dmm and which color probe you put where but 0.4 to 0.8 should be ok
Edit: upon seeing deeps replay above (I understand his skepticism :D ) I hope that you know that the adapter goes under emmc right? and you were asking for alignment :)
I know the line needs to align and go under the mmc. My question was about the U form from the flex. It hides completely, I thought side flexes were supposed to remain outside 🤷🏽‍♂️ I put a lil pressure, it doesn't go any further. I hope that I've made contact with the correct solder joint 🤞🏽.
I wish there were another dat0 point to check with the continuity mode 🙄

Attachments

• IMG_20231219_175349.jpg
    IMG_20231219_175349.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 27
Reactions: QuiTim

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I know the line needs to align and go under the mmc. My question was about the U form from the flex. It hides completely, I thought side flexes were supposed to remain outside 🤷🏽‍♂️ I put a lil pressure, it doesn't go any further. I hope that I've made contact with the correct solder joint 🤞🏽.
I wish there were another dat0 point to check with the continuity mode 🙄
You got a model without side anchors so the form is ok. They come in all shape and sizes
After you solder the 2 anchor points test the continuity with ground in diode mode, you should get something between .4 to .8
If there was another dat0 point we wouldn't be needing this adapter at all :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231219_213753_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231219_213753_Samsung Internet.jpg
    698.5 KB · Views: 29

toribird

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This may be a bit of a silly question.
I don't put a single screw back in to check picofly's operation. This means the picofly board is suspended in the air by the flex cable. The picofly board's ground is not connected. Is there any problem with this?
Also, how far do you put the parts back when checking operation?

(Earthing by screw)

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I don't put a single screw back in to check picofly's operation. This means the picofly board is suspended in the air by the flex cable. The picofly board's ground is not connected. Is there any problem with this?

(Earthing by screw)
What kind of board are you using??? Always connect the ground, that is the first thing you should connect.

superxoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Aaaaaand a first successful rear single mosfet install on an OLED. 🙌🏼
Glad for your successful. Back mosfet is more easier than in the front because we have more space to work.

(Earthing by screw)
If you meant the clone hwfly rp2040 so you don't have to worry about that. I used to put nothing on it even when i closed the shield. The clone is tiny enough not to touch anything.

@abal1000x's reball adapter vs the aliexpress one :) price 0.3€ each vs 7€ each
a big plus that I see with abal1000x's variant is that all bga153 points are present, which means no loose solder balls to take care of after reballing. saves a few minutes. Thank you @abal1000x
Can you give me an aliexpress link for this product. Thank in advance.

Last edited by superxoi,

superxoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
In their sites, stated that they also deliver to SEA.
View attachment 409618

JLCPCB are chinese similar to aliexpress, SEA should be able to order from it, since its close enough geographically.
Yeah. I was a little confused when they showed only western countries on their list of shipping. But when i typed my country they appeared as well. The price for 20 pcs is a little cheaper than i expected even cheaper than the yellow data0 adapter.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-20-14-28-12-086_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-20-14-28-12-086_com.android.chrome.jpg
    313.8 KB · Views: 27

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah. I was a little confused when they showed only western countries on their list of shipping. But when i typed my country they appeared as well. The price for 20 pcs is a little cheaper than i expected even cheaper than the yellow data0 adapter.
thickness should be 0.6mm, otherwise it won't fit under the emmc cover

Reactions: superxoi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry, idk what you mean by a space cake, and even if i did, i'm not really taking requests right now, because otherwise people will get mad at me for taking a request but not making a birthday cake for @Xdqwerty (i'm sorry for that btw bro)
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @BakerMan lies, you just want to smoke it

:rofl2:
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess all the food in my fridge can knock out a cow or two
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I should visit Florida again, miss the alligator barbecues
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +1
    lol, I finally got you to have some Coc Tail :tpi::tpi::rofl2:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, I finally got you to have some Coc Tail :tpi::tpi::rofl2: