Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be because functionally and layout-wise, the V1 and V2 are identical. The main difference is V2's have horizontal caps near the APU to solder the mosfets to, instead of vertical ones on V1 consoles. So these diagrams are both sufficient points to be soldered to.

Reactions: Dee87

rehius

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't get it. How can a modchip that ONLY have something to do with the boot process something to do with the Switch games afterwards? Is it because the system is unstable after the glitch process?
No. The RST point is extremely sensitive. If you leave there even a tiny bit of conductive flux, that would be enough to make system unstable

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
No. The RST point is extremely sensitive. If you leave there even a tiny bit of conductive flux, that would be enough to make system unstable
Not to mention flux is corrosive and will eat the copper tracks if not cleaned off properly. I recommend to clean with isopropyl alcohol and then use UV mask such as this to prevent from corrosion:

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Don't be an idiot, flux helps the solder flow and cleans away impurities. I suggest you learn about soldering before giving out stupid advice.

https://www.candorind.com/what-is-solder-flux-guide/
he didnt give out that advice it was a question B-)
Post automatically merged:

defintly use flux , just clean it up and use non conductive flux , i use kimbo rma and never had a issue with it
i did once use cheap flux and it was cunductive and fried a phone because i didnt clean it ahahahahahaha

JoTiK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You learnt from your mistakes, practice makes perfect.
But I noticed that the picofly brought a lot of new people who want to install the chip themselves, don't start with this modchip as your first project, train yourself on broken stuff first and of course use flux
he didnt give out that advice it was a question B-)

i did once use cheap flux and it was cunductive and fried a phone because i didnt clean it ahahahahahaha

Smiles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be because functionally and layout-wise, the V1 and V2 are identical. The main difference is V2's have horizontal caps near the APU to solder the mosfets to, instead of vertical ones on V1 consoles. So these diagrams are both sufficient points to be soldered

That would be because functionally and layout-wise, the V1 and V2 are identical. The main difference is V2's have horizontal caps near the APU to solder the mosfets to, instead of vertical ones on V1 consoles. So these diagrams are both sufficient points to be soldered to.
does that mean that I can just solder it to the emmcu connector like in the photo? but the mosfet gets soldered differently? do you have any photo that shows those connections? or is it the same as below?

Attachments

• IMG_20230320_184742.jpg
    IMG_20230320_184742.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 54
  • 1679401007593.jpg
    1679401007593.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 52
Last edited by Smiles,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It's honestly baffling that theirs still conductive flux when it's so commonly used with electronics. All should be non-conductive now days.

Smiles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes u Can that is a Picture from me , but only do if u have experience if u brindge them then u have a problem
Thank you, I have experience soldering so this will work best for me. My only remaining question is if the solder points where the mosfet goes is the same as above on the v2 switch

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
does that mean that I can just solder it to the emmcu connector like in the photo? but the mosfet gets soldered differently? do you have any photo that shows those connections? or is it the same as below?
CHECK THE AIO Thread there are pinouts for everything

https://gbatemp.net/threads/picofly-aio-thread.628951/
images Mosfet

Have Fun Guys

i know its not the best , but for now the best i could do

picofl4.1.jpg

Last edited by Dee87,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I make rum cake for 4th July every year, I make it a week prior and then soak it in rum in the fridge all week. I flip the cake each day, and add little more rum, it soaks it up everyday, so good.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry, idk what you mean by a space cake, and even if i did, i'm not really taking requests right now, because otherwise people will get mad at me for taking a request but not making a birthday cake for @Xdqwerty (i'm sorry for that btw bro)
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @BakerMan lies, you just want to smoke it

:rofl2:
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess all the food in my fridge can knock out a cow or two
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I should visit Florida again, miss the alligator barbecues
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober". +1