Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

FreeLander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I installed Raspberry Pico on a V1 with a MOSFET and I was really happy with it, all diodes readings were correct, right before I booted I decided to check the readings one last time, and accidentally I placed the positive prob on ground ,and negative on the MOSFET's G pin. It gave an insane reading and now nothing. I get 0 on the diode when placed on G. Did this kill the MOSFET, the cap?

The Switch boots to stock firmware with no problems.

Attachments

• IMG_6702.JPG
    IMG_6702.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_6704.JPG
    IMG_6704.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 45
Last edited by FreeLander,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello. I installed Raspberry Pico on a V1 with a MOSFET and I was really happy with it, all diodes readings were correct, right before I booted I decided to check the readings one last time, and accidentally I placed the positive prob on ground ,and negative on the MOSFET's G pin. It gave an insane reading and now nothing. I get 0 on the diode when placed on G. Did this kill the MOSFET, the cap?

The Switch boots to stock firmware with no problems.

replace them and check?

GOT85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone! Soon they will install the chip on nintendo oled! my question is this, i use a 2017 to go online with animal crossing, how will the mod work after i install the chip? sorry but I'm really ignorant in these things! and sorry for my bad english 😅

kkkk134

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
What do you mean by "directly"?
The Source must be connected to GND, which point is up to you, closer to the MOSFET is better.
Remember to use at least 0.2mm wire for Source and Drain connections.
Is it okay to ground at the typec interface?
Post automatically merged:

What do you mean by "directly"?
The Source must be connected to GND, which point is up to you, closer to the MOSFET is better.
Remember to use at least 0.2mm wire for Source and Drain connections.
Or connect to the shielding cover

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-supporters-call-riots-violent-retribution-after-verdict-20...