Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

Spore2

Trophies
XP
Country
In my case it was accidentally physically damaged during the modchip installation.

Since it boots into the IPL, the basic things like eMMC and CPU should be working. Looks like the power circuit is damaged somewhere
Oh, you mean power issues that prevent the sd card from being read?
In my case it was accidentally physically damaged during the modchip installation.

Since it boots into the IPL, the basic things like eMMC and CPU should be working. Looks like the power circuit is damaged somewhere
measured 1.8 vs on one of the test points. My guess is no 3.2 v. Any way I could rig this by feeding it 3.2v from elsewhere?

vittorio

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just installed the rp2040 custom board on my lite and it works great except for a few hiccups.
I managed to fix these issues in case someone runs into:
The boot and rst buttons are a bit high on the lite, they can be removed.
The LDO (the chip in the red box in the picture) has to be removed or it would break and cause problems, after a day of playing the console suddenly gets stuck and the CPU buzzed and it wouldn't power on, I thought the CPU was dead, but everything went back to normal after removing the LDO, looks like reverse current killed it.
what firmware did you put?

rehius

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, you mean power issues that prevent the sd card from being read?
no, I mean your power IC might not be able to feed CPU enough so the hardware cannot be completely inited. it is hard to measure such issues, so I suggested just to analyze the power IC and capacitors visually

Reactions: Spore2

Kiuxn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China

lite. It can start IPL, hecate, but emmc cannot be read (with slow error) and cannot start CFW and OFW. Is this the same problem?

rehius

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lite. It can start IPL, hecate, but emmc cannot be read (with slow error) and cannot start CFW and OFW. Is this the same problem?
No. "slow eMMC mode" = eMMC lines interference.

might be caused by not cleaned flux, bad soldering, lack of resistors, too long wires

NooBziN

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
there is a small range that works

47ohm - 51 ohm shouldn't have any issues
I see many people with slow emmc when this happens, you can put 2 Dat0 470+470 = 94 ohms that doesn't even give a problem solves slow emmc

Attachments

• EMMC FAST.jpeg
    EMMC FAST.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: Danook28

JackFrostSMT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see the diagram for the xiao, but the other thread says bridge pins 1 and 2, however the diagram indicates bridging pins 7 and 8 according to the label on the xiao
Edit: nvm ignore my dumbass, i see on an online pinout that the D numbers are whats printed and the P numbers are actual pins

sq_mys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am interested in reading through the source code. I have tried decompiling the fw_2.65.uf2 by using uf2conv to create a bin file and then decompiling it with objdump. This did not work. I have also tried loading the uf2 files using the online editors but those have failed to work aswell. Anyone have any other ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I should visit Florida again, miss the alligator barbecues
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +2
    lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 oh i bet some rum raisin ice cream is so good

i don't drink, but some rum ice cream might be good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rum pecan ice cream is the bomb. Never had rum raisin, but bet be good. My homemade ice cream machine started rust inside so I pitched it, but gotta get a new one, miss making my own ice cream, esp with booze.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZVQF0yPnTc +1