Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

malgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Anyone knew what issue will be if the caps on red is not installed, as i missing it when cleaning the point.
Install is success and in fact now my kids playing on it. Only issue is touch screen is not working, it was working before of course. Any clue?
touch screen issue please check your touch screen and gamecard module.probably not installed properly

Reactions: LogicalMadness

jacobtc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here is one of my installs doing almost exactly the same thing. I just combined both the gate pins onto one wire.
Alright, looks good. Yeah taking Ground from the shielding would probably have been easier, but oh well 😅

Also I will probably redo it with a combined Gate wire.

Last edited by jacobtc,

ecko4711

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just got an update from seller of RP2040Tiny "thanks for your order, but sorry to tell you that RP2040-Tiny-Kit has small quality problem, factory has recalled the products and reproduce. it need about another 1 month."
And now my wait begins...
Post automatically merged:

From the guide: "might be caused by not cleaned flux, bad soldering, lack of resistors, too long wires or too thin wires"
Had the same situation 3 days ago (on V1 unpatched switch). One additional 47R resistor on dat0 line solved the problem.
Maybe it was the wire (38awg single core) but I was too lazy to swap the wire so I tried the resistor first and it worked.
Thanks for the advice! I was too lazy too and just moved the wires a little bit, then the OFW started and the error was gone. Now im getting the 200mb error only when i open Console Log twice ( on the first error its still 400), but booting OFW works flawlessly. I will add the resistor today and hope this will fix the problem completely then :)

Reactions: QuiTim

DesDeux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Is it green light or cyan?

Attachments

• defcyan3.png
    defcyan3.png
    124.2 KB · Views: 32
  • defcyan1.png
    defcyan1.png
    276.2 KB · Views: 22
  • defcyan2.png
    defcyan2.png
    138.9 KB · Views: 33

DesDeux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Blue/Cyan+Yellow (kapton)=Green
So the original led color is most likely Cyan
There is a hole in kapton, but light is definitely cyan as it's not working, I tried to add 20k resistor on rst and nothing changed, except ofw stops working(without resistor it's loads fine). Well, then will try to solder two mosfets, as i resolder one around 3 or 4 times already with same result.

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
There is a hole in kapton, but light is definitely cyan as it's not working, I tried to add 20k resistor on rst and nothing changed, except ofw stops working(without resistor it's loads fine). Well, then will try to solder two mosfets, as i resolder one around 3 or 4 times already with same result.
You can also try a different mosfet like IRF8788, IRF8714. they are bigger and they would eliminate any doubt you might have with soldering on those points.

Reactions: DesDeux

raksmey1231

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cambodia
hello all, do you know what is the problem with this swich v2? it cannot boot cfw and ofw and shown as the picture below.
thanks.
msg903604801-37959.jpg

Attachments

• msg903604801-37962.jpg
    msg903604801-37962.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 31
  • msg903604801-37961.jpg
    msg903604801-37961.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 31

bilalhassan341

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At first I'm using 0.1mm wires which worked on my previous switch using picofly but on this switch I have to switch to 0.25mm coppwr enamelled wire and two mosfet. Because on one mosfet it show blue and than Cyan. But with two mosfet picofly shows Green light after Blue but proceed to OFW. Or is it because I'm using a long wire for a CLK, CMD and Dat0 ?
( Sorry For My Bad English)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230515-180438.png
    Screenshot_20230515-180438.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 32

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys any of you have use the waveshare rp2040-tyni , im looking for the rgb point , and a review of how good this alternative fits on the v2 switch . https://www.waveshare.com/product/rp2040-tiny.htm
Screenshot_20230515-090542_Chrome~2.png
According to the Waveshare website, shorting the pins inside the red circle should be the same as shorting the "RGB/BGR" pins on the 2040-Zero

Also, you won't find many people who have installed a Tiny yet, let alone wrote a review yet, because it JUST released AND has backorders due to the mistake they made with resistors.

Last edited by lightninjay,

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
lite and v1 is well documented.
https://balika011.hu/switch/

oled and v2, waiting for some good guys to salvage their NS pcbs , sandpaper it, layer by layer, and upload it to the internet.

At first I'm using 0.1mm wires which worked on my previous switch using picofly but on this switch I have to switch to 0.25mm coppwr enamelled wire and two mosfet. Because on one mosfet it show blue and than Cyan. But with two mosfet picofly shows Green light after Blue but proceed to OFW. Or is it because I'm using a long wire for a CLK, CMD and Dat0 ?
( Sorry For My Bad English)
Green means the glitch is confirmed.
Try to check the RST line.

From rehius:
Q: GREEN, but instant reset
A: Clean flux near the RST point

Reactions: bilalhassan341

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lite and v1 is well documented.
https://balika011.hu/switch/

oled and v2, waiting for some good guys to salvage their NS pcbs , sandpaper it, layer by layer, and upload it to the internet.

Green means the glitch is confirmed.
Try to check the RST line.

From rehius:
Q: GREEN, but instant reset
A: Clean flux near the RST point
Functionally, the V2 and V1 use the same board with the same traces.

Reactions: QuiTim

AceCuba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
View attachment 371498
According to the Waveshare website, shorting the pins inside the red circle should be the same as shorting the "RGB/BGR" pins on the 2040-Zero

Also, you won't find many people who have installed a Tiny yet, let alone wrote a review yet, because it JUST released AND has backorders due to the mistake they made with resistors.
so you recomend to stick to the rp2040zero , im worry about having to cut the metal shield of the console on v2 mariko , i dont like that

• Sad
Reactions: LogicalMadness

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, watching the first episode of the anime we were talking about last night