Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

rehius

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello. I smoothly installed Picofly on a Lite. All is fine. Blue then green light with the forbidden fruit's no sd card logo. However, When I insert an SD card loaded with Hekate I get a black screen, it does not boot into Hekate. The SD card is working fine on OLED and inserting an empty SD card shows "failed to boot payload" I'm assuming both the SD card and slot are working, not sure what's the issue.
I had similar behaviour on Lite with damaged power regulator. Also ensure your battery is charged

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Apologies in advance, but is there a diagram of the install on a Lite?
Traversing this thread is really difficult, as most troubleshooting questions are interspersed with images that I can't really understand.
Are there diagrams anywhere?

Thank you, guys, and a fair "Thank you" to those that are helping others.

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Apologies in advance, but is there a diagram of the install on a Lite?
Traversing this thread is really difficult, as most troubleshooting questions are interspersed with images that I can't really understand.
Are there diagrams anywhere?

Thank you, guys, and a fair "Thank you" to those that are helping others.
Sure thing
https://gbatemp.net/download/a-definitive-picofly-install-guide.37968/
Download button on the top right gets you the Definitive Guide compiled by our dear @lightninjay

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, but oled says not tested yet
Perhaps because, HE ONLY POSTED ABOUT IT SEVERAL HOURS AGO. This is a cutting edge mod, people. Things are constantly changing, and we're updating documentation as quickly as things can be tested and verified. The next update to the guide will include new/updated instructions for the picofly 2.70 firmware, as well as the new additonal points for those having boot issues (needing to reset their rp2040 during boot to get a glitch).

A little time and grace is all that is asked in return for these contributions being made to the community.

LogicalMadness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps because, HE ONLY POSTED ABOUT IT SEVERAL HOURS AGO. This is a cutting edge mod, people. Things are constantly changing, and we're updating documentation as quickly as things can be tested and verified. The next update to the guide will include new/updated instructions for the picofly 2.70 firmware, as well as the new additonal points for those having boot issues (needing to reset their rp2040 during boot to get a glitch).

A little time and grace is all that is asked in return for these contributions being made to the community.

Pfft, excuses, excuses... You heard the temper, do the free work faster! <3

• Haha
Reactions: eseldiem and QuiTim

FreeLander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had similar behaviour on Lite with damaged power regulator. Also ensure your battery is charged
Sorry but what do you think? Would you say it's damaged?

IMG_7012.JPG

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
yes, but oled says not tested yet
Well I guess that's why you are here, to test things out just as we all are.
You could be the first to do it and prove that it works, and even if something goes wrong you'll have a support of this whole community so you can fix it.

Kiuxn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
For lite and oled, SDA CSL needs to remove the motherboard and weld two more wires. I think it's easier to weld two mos

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo,