Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

rehius

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think we need to find a relatively easy SDA SCL.
I do not recommend other points, easy to damage. But if you think you are skilled, good luck
comi2c.jpg

Post automatically merged:

What is SDA and SCL points? Only ok Xiao? Or is It something about 2040 Zero-Tiny too?
all boards are supported. Waveshare pins are 12 (SDA) and 13 (SCL)

these three red caps give continuity from both sides
are you sure? it is fine to have ~10-15 Ohms there. Continuity is < 1 Ohm.
Check whether OFW boots, that would be an ultimate test.

FreeLander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The black one in the middle
Thank you. One more thing I should have reported. I would sometimes get a blue screen with White LED. It disappears after re-plugging the battery, sometimes. Does that tell us anything?

Sorry, @rehius for disturbing you.

angelC992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I do not recommend other points, easy to damage. But if you think you are skilled, good luck
View attachment 371946

all boards are supported. Waveshare pins are 12 (SDA) and 13 (SCL)
Mmm I don't understand. In the past I use an 2040Zero with 2.61 firm and everything is ok.

I'm going to mod another Lite with a 2040zero too but 2.70 firm.

I've been away from the forum for a couple of weeks and the SDA and SCL points are new to me.

Is it something important to take into account or can I do it the same as the other time?

rehius

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you. One more thing I should have reported. I would sometimes get a blue screen with White LED. It disappears after re-plugging the battery, sometimes. Does that tell us anything?

Sorry, @rehius for disturbing you.

View attachment 371950
That looks like CYAN light (glitch failure), you should see OFW booting there. My damaged Lite also gave blue screen instead of OFW, so looks like you have similar hardware issues.

Is it something important to take into account or can I do it the same as the other time?
SDA & SCL are optional, for those who have issues with glitch reliability (single mosfet, too thin wires, glitch works only by pressing RST during console boot). You can do the hack the same way as you did before

FreeLander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That looks like CYAN light (glitch failure), you should see OFW booting there. My damaged Lite also gave blue screen instead of OFW, so looks like you have similar hardware issues.

SDA & SCL are optional, for those who have issues with glitch reliability (single mosfet, too thin wires, glitch works only by pressing RST during console boot). You can do the hack the same way as you did before
too bad. I was going to remove the modchip and update my lite to the latest firmware like it says in the post with blue screen. I used the latest version of Picofly but my lite was not updated to the latest firmware.

angelC992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Ok, thank you very much. You are great!!

detilmalala

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I track that line to the top pcb and its this (the bottom of the cpu)
View attachment 371965

Its so small (not recommended), but still i do that point, and its work.
So xiao rp2040 with undervoltage glitching is working. I confirmed that.

Thank you rehius, for a very quality firmware.
You are awesome.
great, which board are those alternative points for, oled or lite?

Mgt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello, I have a new problem with switch lite. picofly programmed correctly 2.67. Correct installation, all points well welded and with a UV mask. all correct values and checked several times but I still have the same problem.
turn on blue and yellow light and boot original system. I don't know if between the blue and yellow light is the white light since everything happens super fast. Does anyone know what the problem is here? I don't know what to try anymore, I ran out of resources and I just think that it might be the nand memory that is not compatible for this job? I hope someone can guide me so I can see the green light on this switch :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 3.mp4
    2.9 MB

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hello, I have a new problem with switch lite. picofly programmed correctly 2.67. Correct installation, all points well welded and with a UV mask. all correct values and checked several times but I still have the same problem.
turn on blue and yellow light and boot original system. I don't know if between the blue and yellow light is the white light since everything happens super fast. Does anyone know what the problem is here? I don't know what to try anymore, I ran out of resources and I just think that it might be the nand memory that is not compatible for this job? I hope someone can guide me so I can see the green light on this switch :)
I don't think there was a case (yet) of incompatible nand that i've seen.
Do you have any closeup pictures of dat0, clk, and cmd soldering?
*Edit:
or better yet, if you have a spare Pico, flash the new 2.7 firmware on it and connect it. It will give up a more detailed error message.

cowboy619

Trophies
XP
Country

What are your values for the sp1 and sp2 points? Usually cpu flex not installed correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.