Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

Dandan0404

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Anyone with 2.67 update bin? Why did the picofly update/rerolled back itself to 2.74?
Post automatically merged:

Anyone with 2.67 update bin? Why did the picofly update/rerolled back itself to 2.74?

Switxh

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did u install a pulldown resistor on mosfet?
Also is it wake from sleep dont have issue, i mean wake after like 30min sleep.
Also while the button not responsive can it be charged ? charge icon appear?
I'm using a flex cable so it has a pulldown resistor on the cable and yeah no problems waking from sleep.
No charge icon appears when it's unresponsive and I plug the power in. The only way I have found to get a response is to hold the power button for 20s then release it. Then simply press the power button again and it boots up.

It only happens rarely but I have noticed it on several units. Last time it happened I tried just waiting for an hour and then trying again but it won't respond until you hold the button for 20s THEN try. It is almost as if it hasn't turned off properly previously (not in the auto HOS power on feature sense) and the hard reset (20s power button press) turns it off

Reactions: abal1000x

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I'm using a flex cable so it has a pulldown resistor on the cable and yeah no problems waking from sleep.
No charge icon appears when it's unresponsive and I plug the power in. The only way I have found to get a response is to hold the power button for 20s then release it. Then simply press the power button again and it boots up.

It only happens rarely but I have noticed it on several units. Last time it happened I tried just waiting for an hour and then trying again but it won't respond until you hold the button for 20s THEN try. It is almost as if it hasn't turned off properly previously (not in the auto HOS power on feature sense) and the hard reset (20s power button press) turns it off
Noted sir.

Danook28

Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
Inspired by @Takezo-San recent achievement and being bored while waiting for my new Oled to arrive I thought I'd give it a try a put the Ball in Reball a.k.a trying to do a reball without stencil or paste just by arranging the solder balls manually.
And what do you know, turned out much better than I expected.
This was an emmc 153 pulled from an old phone so there is still some way to go until I decide to do this on Switch but I’m getting there :D
Edit:
The process: spread a thin layer of flux on emmc (with finger); arrange the balls; heat them on 300°C lowest air flow until they are attached to surface; add more flux on top of them and reheat with 300°C medium airflow until nice and shiny; clean the flux as if your life depended on it.

You replace mmc chip???

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Nope doesn't belong here , it's not supported by this firmware there are no diagrams for this boards.

Not really , since its not supported by the community firmware (even though they are probally using the forums firmware)nor does anyone have diagrams for those boards.

For hwfly device ask ur seller or create a new thread , please don't over take this thread cause u have a board that is sold as a modchip , and ur seller should support u.
Most of us here do not support those Chinese thieves that are making money with stealing ideas from forums selling a device with most likely forums firmware.
And then making a profit of them.
These chips suddenly appeared after a few forum member tested and created the firmware for the rp2040, then the Chinese company's come and make a profit off of it.

Don't support those Chinese thieves Xd

I understand what you say, but this is called free market. And it works. Period.
Not everybody have skills to solder mosfets and all those wires like I've seen in these threads. So, the solution is to buy those more user-friendly boards.

In my case, I would not risk those mosfet solutions but I risk easily to solder a couple of wires from the hwfly versoins.
Also, I can't afford to pay like 200€ or more, plus the console to get it modded by someone. Not to mention to send it wherever those people live in order to get the console modded!

Reactions: some1ne

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I understand what you say, but this is called free market. And it works. Period.
Not everybody have skills to solder mosfets and all those wires like I've seen in these threads. So, the solution is to buy those more user-friendly boards.

In my case, I would not risk those mosfet solutions but I risk easily to solder a couple of wires from the hwfly versoins.
Also, I can't afford to pay like 200€ or more, plus the console to get it modded by someone. Not to mention to send it wherever those people live in order to get the console modded!
well sure free market.

but u cannot except us to help people who buy there stuff from the "free market that is using the firmware from here". Period
if they need help they are more then welcome to create there own thread :-)

but u would install the flex cables yes?
thats wiered cause u solder at the same points so ur "excuse" is bullshit u can also use the flexcables so

lets say u and ur friends from the comunity wouldve made this possible all in ur spare time and for free. one week after u release the full firmware to the community and then suddenly, Hwfly makes there own chip and sells it with the Firmware u made preflashed.

then people have issues with those chips. and u would help them?

well then u are stupid sorry the developers and sellers of those board should be the ones u contact for issue.Period

so that free marketing yes

Last edited by Dee87,

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
well sure free market.

but u cannot except us to help people who buy there stuff from the "free market that is using the firmware from here". Period
if they need help they are more then welcome to create there own thread :-)

but u would install the flex cables yes?
thats wiered cause u solder at the same points so ur "excuse" is bullshit u can also use the flexcables so
Maybe you don't feel comfortable with helping. That's absolutely legit. But maybe there is other people willing to help!
If absolutely needed, yes, I'll create my own thread. I just didn't do it because many times we get that "why to create yet another thread about a subject that has already plenty of threads?"...

I install flex cables and single wires. But I didn't mean those. I meant the 2 wires along the CPU capacitors that goes to the mosfets people place on the right side of the CPU.

Edited;
And if you're not supportive to hwfly stuff, why are you replying in this thread? Isn't this thread dedicated to hwfly?

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Edited;
And if you're not supportive to hwfly stuff, why are you replying in this thread? Isn't this thread dedicated to hwfly?
no this thread is not dedicated to Hwfly.

this thread is dedicaded to the Picofly-

i mean sure its says "a hwfly modchip" but it was meant as a Hwfly Kinda Modchip but Picofly has Nothing to do with Hwfly.
Picofly was created by the community and not Hwfly they are just copycats soooo, yeah it has beeen discussesd that the name gets changed but never has........

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
no this thread is not dedicated to Hwfly.

this thread is dedicaded to the Picofly-

i mean sure its says "a hwfly modchip" but it was meant as a Hwfly Kinda Modchip but Picofly has Nothing to do with Hwfly.
Picofly was created by the community and not Hwfly they are just copycats soooo, yeah it has beeen discussesd that the name gets changed but never has........
So, both threads are dedicated to the same modchip?

Switxh

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This thread isn't about HWFLY... You won't see people reporting HWFLY related issues here and you won't get much help by derailing the thread as a result of that either. Read the thread. The whole thing is about the Picofly modchip and firmware.

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yes

this thread is where the picofly was created.
the aio thread is where Everythings related to the picofly is on the first page.

i mean if u have a issue u can also use this thread but have fund finding ur issue on the 500+ pages whe have here now.
on the Aio thread the first post is everythign u need to know .

Reactions: Adran_Marit

Pickle_Rick

I'm a pickle Morty!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope doesn't belong here , it's not supported by this firmware there are no diagrams for this boards.
Hmm? Not saying you're wrong but I have seen someone flash one of these with the regular picofly firmware and it worked. I'm using the Seeed Xiao RP2040 myself though.

Attachments

• xiao.jpg
    xiao.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 13

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmm? Not saying you're wrong but I have seen someone flash one of these with the regular picofly firmware and it worked. I'm using the Seeed Xiao RP2040 myself though.
u do know they are supported there was firmware created for them u do know that correct?

you just dont get the point ?
they are selling hardware with preflashed software from this forum and making money off of someone elses work who did it for the community for free........

The Hwfly 2040? That's what I'm replying too.
^^
they are selling hardware with preflashed software from this forum and making money off of someone elses work who did it for the community for free........

Last edited by Dee87,

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
The Hwfly 2040? That's what I'm replying too.
Oh, i see. But if might add, as Dee87 said, this thread is for the below devices (photo).
So, basically free help for a free firmware installed on development boards that are freely available from multiple sources and who do not exploit the work this community has done to mass produce a device and sell it (without any support or aftersale service) for their own benefit.
No hard feelings, I'm just stating facts as they are.

u do know they are supported there was firmware created for them u do know that correct?

you just dont get the point ?

^^
You beat me to it...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230621_181728_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20230621_181728_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    424.4 KB · Views: 19

POPOLO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
那麼你應該使用 1A 量程的電流表。對於 Vsys/電池電流消耗,我記得 OFW 僅消耗 150-->280-->4**(v2) 或 6** mA,從電源按鈕按下到主頁。

You should use a 1A range ampmeter then. For the Vsys/battery current draw, I remember OFW only draws around 150-->280-->4**(v2)or 6** mA, from power button press to Home page.
That is the MOSFET S is not properly installed "virtual soldering"
Leakage performance

Correct MOSFET performance is 0.2~0.5ma

Receive a complimentary RP2040
There is a chance that the startup will fail. Please pay attention to the details when installing this kind of "Pi"?

Attachments

• 709057595.159725.mp4
    6.4 MB
  • 9995.mp4
    6 MB
Last edited by POPOLO,

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada

Receive a complimentary RP2040
There is a chance that the startup will fail. Please pay attention to the details when installing this kind of "Pi"?
what version on the back of the rp2040-tiny from first video? what FW did you use?

I'm having my rp2040-tiny order on the way, will install on my fresh OLED and do a battery current-draw bootup chart when I have time.

Takezo-San

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles

Not really , since its not supported by the community firmware (even though they are probally using the forums firmware)nor does anyone have diagrams for those boards.

For hwfly device ask ur seller or create a new thread , please don't over take this thread cause u have a board that is sold as a modchip , and ur seller should support u.
Most of us here do not support those Chinese thieves that are making money with stealing ideas from forums selling a device with most likely forums firmware.
And then making a profit of them.
These chips suddenly appeared after a few forum member tested and created the firmware for the rp2040, then the Chinese company's come and make a profit off of it.

Don't support those Chinese thieves Xd
100%

I have 2 of those adapters (came with hwfly orders some time ago) but never got the chance to use them since I never did a reball/reflow, I just used supplied dat0 adapter.
They are selling them for like $10 so I don't know if it's worth it. I mean that CLK point is a bit tricky but but I we can do a reball we damn sure can solder that point as well :)
lol good point. Just saw the shop price and $10 for essentially (for us) to add clk and cmd point in a convenient place. Not to mention the ~2week wait for delivery from China. Good point indeed...

bill-oreilly-well-do-it-live.gif.gif

Last edited by Takezo-San,
Reactions: QuiTim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT