Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

malgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
hey a question here i have hack a few consoles now using picofly , all the samsung emcc boot in 1 sec , the tochibas are like ramdom time , its this normal in tochiba

Have you tested it yourself on TOSHIBA? and DAT0 and CLK keep 47 ohm?
my dat0 240 ohm , clk 50 ohm, cmd 50 ohm with this setup for toshiba emmc also have slow glitching issue

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Have you tested it yourself on TOSHIBA? and DAT0 and CLK keep 47 ohm?
Lately i try multiple times glitching test by using 100ohms CMD on Lite, and problematic v2 emmc. It seems okay and safe. I don't know whether its Toshiba or not. I've once read toshiba datasheet and samsung datasheet, both specification is similar in number. So i dont differentiate between both.

Have tried 100 Ohms on Dat0, seems problematic, need more experiment. The last video on glitching i posted it. I use 100Ohms on Dat0. Somehow, sometimes its 1 sec glitch, sometimes 5sec glitch. And when i try off video again and again, theres a moment of 10sec glitch. Normally around 1-3sec glitch. Need more examination whether its because of the Dat0 100 Ohm or because of other thing.

Not yet experiment 100 Ohms on CLK. I still don't know the effect.
Post automatically merged:

my dat0 240 ohm , clk 50 ohm, cmd 50 ohm with this setup for toshiba emmc also have slow glitching issue
Try to replace cmd with around 100 ohms, and dat0 to 50ohms.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If we're gonna be picky, it should be pronounced Heck-a-Tea :rofl2:

I checked on the origin before making the post, both pronunciations are technically correct, but the modern Anglicism of the word is as I mentioned, HECK-eight. I normally pronounce it poshly, Heh-kah-tay.
According to this, hippy dave is the winner. It's been a while, but the last time I watched the movie Jason and the Argonauts (on Netflix), there was a woman who talked about this goddess and pronounced it as lightninjay mentioned, Heh-kah-tay. It's really hard to tell how to say it. :unsure:

• Love
Reactions: QuiTim

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania

Attachments

• 7c6.jpg
    7c6.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 18

cicci084

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
guys, we've been missing for a while.
I had doubts about the stability of fw 2.74, that's why I was installing 2.67.
Now I see that the problem has been recognized, and 2.73 is recommended.
Can I safely update all the consoles with which I installed with 2.67?
Or do I stay like this?

cgtchy0412

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
guys, we've been missing for a while.
I had doubts about the stability of fw 2.74, that's why I was installing 2.67.
Now I see that the problem has been recognized, and 2.73 is recommended.
Can I safely update all the consoles with which I installed with 2.67?
Or do I stay like this?
I say, if you still have hands on then yes you need to downgrade.
Although i personally waiting for hipotetical 2.75 with maybe 250mhz oc and disabled SDA/SCL feature. of course until i can compile the source code myself.

Yes, the 3v3 pads are too far away
Any apparent changes in glitch time? or general stability if we compare with original pico instalation?

jmmc

Trophies
XP
Country
v2 need 100ohm.

Try to backup the raw emmc, usually theres show problem.
Benchmark the emmc might not triggered it.
Hmmm I don’t think it’s always mandatory. I did a few days ago a v2 with a rp2040-tiny and I didn’t have to add any extra resistor (just the ones which has the board included)

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I say, if you still have hands on then yes you need to downgrade.
Although i personally waiting for hipotetical 2.75 with maybe 250mhz oc and disabled SDA/SCL feature. of course until i can compile the source code myself.
SDA/SCL feature have no effect as long theres no connection to SDA/SCL.
rp2040 tell the pmic to undervoltage via I2C using SDA/SCL. So if its disconnected, then the i2c request gone to BLACKHOLE :D

And the OC, the normal one is actually OverClocked to 200MHz. I don't see any issue yet on 300MHz. Please share us, if you really did have issue on 300MHz.

Compiling the source code is very easy. Even someone make a script for github to automatically compiled :D . You could just forked it, edit and push it, and lets github compile it using the script.

Editted: Now i see rehius has been included the script on .github/workflows/build.yml
So you just need to fork usk and busk, edit the build.yml change from rehius/usk, rehius/busk to your_github/usk, your_github/busk. Then edit the code you want to edit on browser (you doesn't even need computer, just a handphone with browser). Then goes to 'Action' and run the build.yaml action for github to build the firmware.

Hmmm I don’t think it’s always mandatory. I did a few days ago a v2 with a rp2040-tiny and I didn’t have to add any extra resistor (just the ones which has the board included)
With 47ohms some problem, and some not.
Using 100 ohms its okay for both scenario.
In my logic, i will use 100 ohms, whether its slow emmc or not. Since it will be okay on both scenario.

Last edited by abal1000x,

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
the purple happends when after a 10 power off and on train to get to hekake , but only ofw , the issue go away just by putting the battery of and on . iam isntalling BUNCH OF THINGS TO THE EMCC 40mbs no issues , just to see if i can see a issue

any magnetic fusse out there that i can buy and sother to the reset on the pico ?
you could use these to reset the pico if you don't find a fix for the problem
https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/1005003372450508.html
maybe use the "normaly open" model and solder it to reset button pads on pico

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and also ahve the option to play as a human
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or set it up that when you get injured past a certain point they have to replace your human parts with cybernetics
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i have a placeholder enemy sprite i made
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or have it that you don't know you are a cyborg, robot, and you find out and have a existential crisis
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or have it start in the virtual world and you are an ai that gained sentience
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw gonna wash my face in a bit, my eyes feel tired
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and you convince your owner to help you break out of the virtual world to real world
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Eyes - "yawn"
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you bleack in to goverment computer systems to get cyborg schematics so you can get a robot body constructed
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw @BigOnYa the health bar doesnt decrease when i take damage (and yes i put the "at the beggining of the scene change value of greenflatbar: set to Protagonistcopmode.Health::Health())
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    i the protagonist
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human, robot, cyborg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human with cyborg enhancements
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or like terminatior
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    with living tissue
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty there is health behaviour you can add to your character, then to use a health bar is lil more complicated, google n watch a few tutorial video on it, be too hard to explain here.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the character has the health behavior
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I know you have to create a health and health max variable. Then there is a calculation you use in code to subtract width size of the health bar. Google few vids.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the "greenflatbar" is one of the preset health bars btw
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you can use any bar/sprite. It will just change the width. Ok good luck and have fun. I'm off to go shoot some pool at the bar. Talk to you later.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why does the health behavior exist if you can just use a variable?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and nope the number still doesnt change
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and nope the number still doesnt change