Picofly install on Switch Lite says CMD error

VictorBan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I know I don’t have the resistors, but people reported it working even without those. What seems to be the problem, I don’t see any problem in my soldering. (Yes I know the cables are thick but they are the only ones I have atm.)
Post automatically merged:

I know I don’t have the resistors, but people reported it working even without those. What seems to be the problem, I don’t see any problem in my soldering. (Yes I know the cables are thick but they are the only ones I have atm.)
Should’ve mentioned the RP2040 sends the error *= (CMD is not connected)

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ur soldering is shity ur using to thick wire, i see at least on wire briding to ground.

get ur self some flux and some 0.1 enmaled/magnet wire since u dont have any real soldering experience with thicker wire ur probally gonna rip some traces.

after u got that , then remove every wire u installed and install it properly with 0,1mm

plus u have soldering blobs all over the place and thats gonna eventually end up with some shorts.

take u board out and give it a really nice clean with isopropanol and make sure those blobs dont get under any ics.

Last edited by Dee87,

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, that's the most cursed soldering I've seen so far.. No disrespect OP but I'd suggest you take it to a repair shop and see if they can save it.

I don’t see any problem in my soldering
1692043511222.png

Red: You bridged 4 pads together for dat0 wire. You aren't supposed to solder to those two pads under dat0 pads
Yellow: CLK shorts to ground
Green: There's supposed to be a resistor there but it's covered in a blob of solder

VictorBan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
ur soldering is shity ur using to thick wire, i see at least on wire briding to ground.

get ur self some flux and some 0.1 enmaled/magnet wire since u dont have any real soldering experience with thicker wire ur probally gonna rip some traces.

after u got that , then remove every wire u installed and install it properly with 0,1mm

plus u have soldering blobs all over the place and thats gonna eventually end up with some shorts.

take u board out and give it a really nice clean with isopropanol and make sure those blobs dont get under any ics

Damn, that's the most cursed soldering I've seen so far.. No disrespect OP but I'd suggest you take it to a repair shop and see if they can save it.

View attachment 388326

Red: You bridged 4 pads together for dat0 wire. You aren't supposed to solder to those two pads under dat0 pads
Green: There's supposed to be a resistor there but it's covered in a blob of solder
Thank you. I only have a thick head for my soldering iron and it’s hard to use it, but I’ve tried my best. I’ll try in a second to fix everything you just say, and improvise a slimmer (I hope this word exists) head for my iron. Will get back to you.

View attachment 388326

Is this any better?

Thank you. I only have a thick head for my soldering iron and it’s hard to use it, but I’ve tried my best. I’ll try in a second to fix everything you just say, and improvise a slimmer (I hope this word exists) head for my iron. Will get back to you.

Is this any better?
Forgot to mention, CMD not connected error still occurs

Attachments

• IMG_0119.jpeg
    IMG_0119.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0115.jpeg
    IMG_0115.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 38
Last edited by VictorBan,

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Is this any better?

Forgot to mention, CMD not connected error still occurs

First of all u need the resistors, second clean that damn board otherwise ur gonna destroy it.

Third get the appropriate wire , the wires u are using are to thick.

And if ur cmd is not connected ur always gonna have a cmd error code.

If u want this install to work your gonna have to do it the way its supposed to be done.

VictorBan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
First of all u need the resistors, second clean that damn board otherwise ur gonna destroy it.

Third get the appropriate wire , the wires u are using are to thick.

And if ur cmd is not connected ur always gonna have a cmd error code.

If u want this install to work your gonna have to do it the way its supposed to be done.
I dont have any other cable at the moment. Is there another CMD point I could try soldering to?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: :wub: