Pirated Windows 7 to 10

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't, not enough space on either HDD to clone the other, I'd need a larger 2 TB USB HDD to do that. With two 1 TB HDDs, cloning is impossible. That still doesn't answer my question regarding on whether or not clean installations wipe the HDD.

OH shit, I must've missed that somewhere in the last few pages. But yes, a clean installation wipes the information on the drives.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was going to suggest to people who want to keep there current apps and still want a clean install to use PC Mover,but doing this method will require another HD anyways.

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
Isn't it just a dump of Microsoft's GWX.exe? Or is it patched?

It's modified to have a lot more checks of old temporary files, checksum of the downloaded ones etc.
It's GWX on steroids. ;)

And yes, it worked with Italian (and every other languages which GWX works with). :)

Reactions: pastaconsumer

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And if I do a fresh install which activation will I get (MAK or Retail)? Also, if I have a Home and a Pro for the same HWID, which will the fresh install be?
A fresh install results in the retail key being used, but you could always change it regardless.
As for the fact that you already updated to Windows 10 Home, I do not know what the consequences of that will be. I imagine your HWID will be reassociated with Windows 10 Pro if/when you update from Windows 8 Pro.

nastys

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Disable or change your user agent if you're in Windows, then go here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10ISO
to download the ISO.
Just mount it with Windows Explorer (on Windows 8/8.1. On Windows 7 you need to use a third-party app) or extract it, then you can upgrade directly. You can also burn it or use a program like Win32DiskImager to create a bootable USB.
In my opinion it's better than using the upgrade tool (GWX, right?)

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Yay! Finally installed Win10 Pro on my tablet! Much thanks go to Lacius! One more question: I have a laptop, DAZ activated, Win7 Ultimate. I want to install Win10 Pro with Media Creation Tool. If I choose to keep nothing (I want a clean install) will the activation carry over regardless?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay! Finally installed Win10 Pro on my tablet! Much thanks go to Lacius! One more question: I have a laptop, DAZ activated, Win7 Ultimate. I want to install Win10 Pro with Media Creation Tool. If I choose to keep nothing (I want a clean install) will the activation carry over regardless?
You need to do an upgrade to Windows 10 first. That's the only way the HWID will be saved to Microsoft's servers. After you upgrade to Windows 10 and you see that it's activated, you can do a clean install of Windows 10.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
You need to do an upgrade to Windows 10 first. That's the only way the HWID will be saved to Microsoft's servers. After you upgrade to Windows 10 and you see that it's activated, you can do a clean install of Windows 10.
Upgrade from Windows Update or Media Creation Tool is fine, but too? If yes, what's should I keep?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Upgrade from Windows Update or Media Creation Tool is fine, but too? If yes, what's should I keep?
It doesn't matter if you use the Windows Upgrade tool, the Media Creation Tool, an ISO you downloaded from the internet, etc. as long as you perform an upgrade, not a clean install, first.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
It doesn't matter if you use the Windows Upgrade tool, the Media Creation Tool, an ISO you downloaded from the internet, etc. as long as you perform an upgrade, not a clean install, first.
So if I update using Media Creation Tool, what should I select to keep? Programs&Files, Files or Nothing?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Don't you still need a product key if you install Windows 10 with the media creation tool? To my understanding, you only get a product key if you use the Windows Upgrade Tool, so unless you're referring to Windows 7.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
If I wanted to do a clean installation (format) the computer's HDD and install a "legit" Windows 10 copy how'd I go about it? Could I use the key that Windows 10 generated?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I wanted to do a clean installation (format) the computer's HDD and install a "legit" Windows 10 copy how'd I go about it? Could I use the key that Windows 10 generated?

as long as you upgrade from Windows 7 (I recommend Ultimate and Kaz Activator to activate it) to Windows 10 (it will be pro as long as you upgrade from ultimate), then format the drive and install Windows 10 Pro.
When you upgrade, it sends some info to M$ about your hardware and ties the activation to it.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't you still need a product key if you install Windows 10 with the media creation tool? To my understanding, you only get a product key if you use the Windows Upgrade Tool, so unless you're referring to Windows 7.
You don't require a product key. As long as you're upgrading from Windows 7/8/8.1, it will automatically input the appropriate generic product key during the install, and you're HWID will be saved to Microsoft's servers to be activated against.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
You don't require a product key. As long as you're upgrading from Windows 7/8/8.1, it will automatically input the appropriate generic product key during the install, and you're HWID will be saved to Microsoft's servers to be activated against.
So even if I choose to keep nothing in the Media Creation Tool, it will keep carry my product key over?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • light27 @ light27:
    call sps
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Hey mine helps me in the shower lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    We went to a place in a mall where they let you play with some consoles for like an hour
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I choose the nintendo switch and I played smash ultimate and Mario wonder
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    It was fun
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Also i'm back at my house
    Smash bros sounds like gay incest lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And Mario Wonder sounds like a Mario with old timers disease walking the streets lost.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shove a gerbil through a tube
    +2
    Warp pipe Ken lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ring actually helped and I didn't have to cuss out the guy in arabic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They help you delete some incriminating videos?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No you asked for proof that your wife was finally leaving
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh I had her chipped, I always know where she is.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I found where it was
    +1
    If I could halucinAte this is what I imagine it would look like?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Featuring Taylor swift
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, pubg should've never blown up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut do you mean? Pubg is alright, I play it with a few buddies online.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the game itself is ok, but it's influence is the problem
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Call of duty is a good Fortnite skin
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    call of duty and fortnite, ex-fucking-actly
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    without pubg popping off, fortnite wouldn't add battle royale, and call of duty wouldn't go even shittier than it did before because of blackout, warzone and dmz
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: without pubg popping off, fortnite wouldn't add battle royale, and call of duty wouldn't go even...