Hardware Playing rockband 2 with usb loader

ttttttrrrr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Can I do it? I understood it has some issues.
If it matter I want to play the american verison, and with guitar hero world tour guitar.
And can I add downloaded songs to game?

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rock Band 2 can be played using a USB Loader. It will run fine. If run under cIOS 249, it will not recognize USB instruments, but if you use Hermes cIOS 222/223 with 37-merged-38 they will work normally.

DLC and custom songs will NOT work normally due to a problem with the SD card handling in the cIOS - downloaded songs will not be saved to the SD card correctly, and songs from the SD card will not be removed from the Wii nand after they are played, causing your memory to fill up and problems to ensue. There is currently no workaround for this.

spritefreak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this apply to Guitar Hero as well in terms of having to use Hermes cIOS 222/223 with 37-merged-38?

Also, I do not have Gutiar Hero or Rockband for Wii, but I am guessing that you can play with multiple instruments. Does each instrument have to be plugged into a USB port? How does that work if you are using a USB port to play the games through a USB loader?

Ramzee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Szalkow said:
... If run under cIOS 249, it will not recognize USB instruments ...
Rockband 2 happily recognises my USB Logitech Vantage Microphones using CFG USB Loader v48b and the default cIOS 249 rev 14 or rev 15. I don't believe USB hot swapping is supported but as long as the Mic is plugged in when the Wii is turned on they work. I don't know if the Drum Kit works with cIOS 249.

When I first bought a Microphone I set my music games to use Hermes cIOS 222/223 but later found that most work with rev 14 anyway. The only music game I have that needs cIOS 222 is GH 5.

There is a difference in lag between cIOS 222 and 249. So a game needs to be recalibrated if the chosen cIOS is changed in the loader, other than that I haven't noticed any other problems.

spritefreak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you say you have to use 222 to play GH5, how do you switch which IOS si being used?

Also, are all the instruments plugged into a hub and then pludded into the Wii?

Ramzee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For GH World Tour (and above) you require a Wiimote for each instrument including microphones (even though they plug into the USB port). A Wiimote fits inside each Guitar and each vocalist presses "A" on their Wiimote to chose their character (don't know about the drum kit - google it?).

For multiple USB instruments you can plug a USB hub into the free port and then plug your microphones, etc. into that.

Ramzee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
spritefreak said:
When you say you have to use 222 to play GH5, how do you switch which IOS si being used?
In CFG USB Loader (and the others) there's configuration page for each game that lets you choose how the game is loaded (video, cIOS, Language, etc.) ie the default is cIOS 249 and I change that to mload-222.

QUOTEAlso, are all the instruments plugged into a hub and then pludded into the Wii?
Yes, I have the USB Hard Disk plugged into one port and the hub plugged into the other.

ttttttrrrr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
MAny thanks, all of you helped me a lot
rolleyes.gif

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
Ramzee said:
For GH World Tour (and above) you require a Wiimote for each instrument including microphones (even though they plug into the USB port). A Wiimote fits inside each Guitar and each vocalist presses "A" on their Wiimote to chose their character (don't know about the drum kit - google it?).

For multiple USB instruments you can plug a USB hub into the free port and then plug your microphones, etc. into that.

I only have a Les Gibson guitar (gh3) and am looking to buy 2 mics. I ONLY OWN 2 WIIMOTES!!.

Is their any way to control 2 or more mics with 1 wiimote?

Also, can anyone verify whether PS2 High School Musical usb mics work with wii musical games?

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...