Playing Wii Party (NA) on a JP Wii U?

fliondefizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there! Sorry if this is not the correct place to post this, I'm new to this site.

I've got a Japanese Wii U with CFW installed-- followed the standard Tiramisu tutorial on the WiiU Hacks guide. I play a lot of NA region Wii Games as VC injects. All games so far, which are always the USA releases, have worked, except Wii Party (and Wii Play Motion, but that's a separate issue with a different result/ error). I have tried using both Tecmoon's Wii VC injector and UWUVCI. I have tried some of the region patches from the dropdown within UWUVCI (both 'to JPN' and 'to NTSC'). I start the game from the home menu, I hear the disc spinning sound and then there's just a black screen and the Wiimotes disconnect. The power button doesn't respond so my only option is to unplug the console.

I then tried to go through vWii, and see if I could load it through Wiiflow, off of the SD card...that doesn't work either. The game starts but then gets stuck on a black screen. To begin with though, Wiiflow doesn't even display correctly-- there's a bunch of text in the UI missing. I assume this is a region thing, as the vWii is also in Japanese.

So now I come to you. Am I doing something wrong? Or am I just out of luck due to it being a region thing? I'd love to play Wii Party but it seems my Wii U just doesn't want to let me.

Thanks in advance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1