Hacking Question Please Help; How do I use SwitchSDTool?

HinaNaru Cutie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Okay...I have completely stuck on trying to use this program, yes I followed the steps but I am still confused - I don't know whether I am doing things right because once I did my nand dump, it told me I needed to profd files, that's when I was confused because I already used lockpick to dump the sysnand game files - what I want to dump is eshop game buuut I am super lost on even knowing how to use this program properly so if anyone can please help me out, that would be great, and very much appreciated.

Also I hope this is okay to ask, like at all.

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

HinaNaru Cutie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
SwitchSDTool is for extracting stuff with a PC from a NAND backup.
There are much easier tools around now.
Please take a look at Nxdumptool.
This is the tool to make a backup of your legally purchased eshop games or game carts on your Switch itself.
No need to make a NAND back up an stuff like that.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nxdumptool-nintendo-switch-dump-tool.508343/
Here is a video of how to use it with carts :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nxdumptool-nintendo-switch-dump-tool.508343/

I tried using nxdumptool but it won't dump my eshop digital purchase I had made on my vanilla version of my switch, sadly, I had to go and ask the jits community I am in for help and some one suggested to use that to dump the game out :0.

but if that is possible with nxdumptool I will recheck it out and see how to do that cause there are only two options the nand option which only has my homebrew games, and the cart option which I don't own the cartridge at all for this game..since it is only digital download from the eshop itself.

Edit; you sent me the same link xD

Last edited by HinaNaru Cutie,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay...I have completely stuck on trying to use this program, yes I followed the steps but I am still confused - I don't know whether I am doing things right because once I did my nand dump, it told me I needed to profd files, that's when I was confused because I already used lockpick to dump the sysnand game files - what I want to dump is eshop game buuut I am super lost on even knowing how to use this program properly so if anyone can please help me out, that would be great, and very much appreciated.

Also I hope this is okay to ask, like at all.
Have you looked at the readme file?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Now go take a shower @BakerMan . Phew +1