Hacking Please help - Switch will not boot up after installing Atmosphere

kantaroo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I decided that today was the day that I was going to hack into my Switch. But I'm already falling over before getting very far!
My Switch was purchased in September 2017, and is running system version 2.2.0. It's been sitting under my bed for 2 years and had never been even connected to the internet.
I was following this guide:
https://switch.homebrew.guide/index

checked RCM and it was all working fine. I decided to use fusee-gelee as an exploit. I was able to get into RCM no problem a few times, and I backed up my NAND and BIS keys as recommended in Setp 1 here:
https://switch.homebrew.guide/hacking/fuseegelee/safetyprecautions

I also blocked my updates and telemetry with 90DNS. Then I launched Atmosphere
https://switch.homebrew.guide/hacking/fuseegelee/aftersetup

At this point things started to look a bit odd. The menu I got when I did this was very different from the original Hekate that I had used to back up my NAND and BIS keys:
  1. Enter RCM on your Switch
  2. Push the Hekate payload to your Switch
The previous menu looked like a slick interface, whereas the new menu looked like a command line sort of prompt, which asked me how I wanted to boot my custom firmware. I chose emuMMC I think. But then it seemed to launch into Atmosphere, and I checked that in the system version that it was running (AMS x.x.x). I also checked that I could into the Homebrew menu via the album. It all seemed fine. So I pressed the Home button on the right controller, and powered down the console.

Now I cannot power it back up at all. I tried to go into RCM again, and nothing happened. I tried to turn it on by pressing the power button, and again it seems dead.

Is there anything else anyone can think of to try to at least get the Switch to turn on?

kantaroo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK please ignore this thread. It turns out that it needed a harder reboot - holding down the power button for about 10 seconds. Now it is booting up again and I can get into RCM.

kantaroo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
One last thing - I just wanted to give a big thanks to the community here as I have learnt a huge amount by reading the many useful threads and helpful guides that you have all written.
I have now achieved all my current objectives, up to and including adding .NSP files with goldleaf. Thank you again and I hope I won't have to ask too many other noob questions!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Stepcroc, I'm stuck.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Those are monitor lizards you dunce.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm funny. lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs and roasted potatoes came out good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching the first omen and so far it's not the priest doing the scaring
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Shouldn't the kid be the scary one?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The second omen: the chior boy gets his revenge
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reverse exorcist: it's when you hire a demon to remove the priest out of a small child.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hire Kendrick Drake possessed a minor again
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, I'd run away from his singing too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Drakes still allowed to use his Instagram
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like everyone has some great imaginary friends
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Yeah, that was insane.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Don't know what Drake was even thinking.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What every rich scumbag thinks that they can put their dick on anything and get away with it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I better hide my silicone Tifa doll
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What did Drake do, exactly? I don't follow celeb gossip.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Supposed accusations that Drake groomed a minor.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Allegedly groomed a 17 year old Instagram model or something along those lines
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yep, something like that.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1MJtV0UPI8