OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Okay.
First: I have a 4.2 U softmodded wii with boot mii boot 2
now for some reason today when i turned on my wii, i got the boot mii screen and chose to got to my system menu.
I get a black screen and my wii remotes wont sync ;(
I can load hbc and use my wavebird to controll.
BUT I decided to use my old backup of the wii v3.3 and used bootmii to recover
It was succesful
But same problem
wii motes dont sync, and i cant go to the wii menu.

I can still access homebrew channel but cant use my wii motes or sys menu :(

please Help!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Try launching a wad manager via the homebrew channel (HBC), then install a non-stubbed IOS70 and a 4.2U system menu wad. Hopefully reinstalling that should get the problem fixed. If it doesn't fix the problem, and restoring your older nand dumps also do not fix the problem, I would recommend taking more drastic measures (they're safe to do though because u have bootmii @ boot2). If you are left with no other alternative, you can try to use comex's nand formatter (which is launched via bootmii's sd card button) to format your Wii and reinstall the vital files that you have saved in your WAD folder (region select, EULA, BC, System menu IOS, System Menu). Note, it installs ALL the wads in the wad folder, so be careful.

If you need help downloading a wadmanager (ie. yawmm or mmm) or the wads I mention, use ModMii (see link) to download the files you need

links:
http://gbatemp.net/t207126-modmii-for-windows
http://filetrip.net/d8468-Comex-Nand-Formatter.html

edit: I forgot to mention that after you successfully finish using comex's nand formatter. You should run the bootmini.elf (mini hackmii installer) from the bootmii SD menu to install the homebrew channel. Then u can install all the other non-vital (but still useful/important) active IOSs using a wad manager (you can also download all the active IOSs from ModMii). An official ninty update should also work but that will also install stub IOSs and potentially uninstall your bootmii @ boot2 (if u don't have it installed on boot2v4). You can always reinstall bootmii @ boot2 after an official update though, so either method will work fine.

http://gbatemp.net/t207126-modmii-for-windows

blueboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I have installed the IOS70-64-v6687 and System Menu-NUS_v481.wad file using mmm ,but it's still the same (wii motes do not sync , I can't get to the wii menu). I will try using comex's nand formatter. Thanks for the quick reply.Will post result.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Verify that you can power on your system menu with your wiimote. If you can not power on the wii with the wiimote, you could possible have a broken bluetooth module. You can further test this situation by using a gc controler and doing the savemiifrii trick. Savemiifrii should load the system recovery menu, displaying your system version in the lower right corner.

If your wiimote does not turn on the wii, and savemiifrii loads the recovery menu, I suggests you buy a $10 replacement bluetooth module and a triwing screw driver, open the wii and replace the module.

Also you can further test the bluetooth module by loading the HBC, then loading a game loader. If the module is bad, the game will not load. If the module is working, you should be able to sync your wiimote in game and you have some other issue.

blueboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I think I have a broken bluetooth module because neogamma dosen't load any game. I tried a few backups and original discs but I just get a black screen. I guess I should get the bluetooth replacement first and then format my nand and start all over again.Thank you for the helpful replies.
p.s.When the wii is switched off,I can't see a red light ,probably thats broken too...but that isn't a big issue.

blueboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Edit:According to DX the replacement bluetooth module fixes
- Replaces fried/broken bluetooth wireless module in Wii video game consoles
- Fixes "black screen of death" upon power on (commonly caused by bluetooth not initializing)

So I guess I don't have to install any wads or format my nand as it is a hardware issue right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kinda feeling like that remix of the perfect cell theme