Please help total beginner play wfbs from hdd. Stuck

Kristo32

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I know its frustrating seeing the same questions asked over and over so I really apologise. Ive looked through the site and tutorials but I get lost after a point.

Ive hacked the wii and have homebrew, priiloader, usbgxloader and nintendont on an sd card.
I have a 1tb Ext HDD formatted to Fat32 using guiformat.

on the HDD ive created a folder called wfbs and inside this placed a games .wfbs file

I open homebrew and then run gxloader but the white screen that should list the game is blank.

Oh I should add I did change a setting so the path wasnt sd card anymore but now the ext hdd.

Im seeing some posts mentioning Clos? but Im totally lost now. I thought I had the right programmes installed?

Sorry again for the basic questions but Id appreciate the help. Please explain like your'e talking to an idiot just to be sure I understand.

Thanks

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I open homebrew and then run gxloader but the white screen that should list the game is blank.
Check if "Wii games" checkbox is activated in the bar menu (one of the upper icon that looks like a HDD drive, the 4th icon from the left)

Also for wii games, the file tree must look like this:
HDD:// wbfs / gamename [ID] / ID.wbfs

"wbfs" folder at the root of your HDD, a folder "gamename" with the game ID in bracket, and the wbfs file renamed with the game ID.

For example, depending if your game is NTSC or PAL:

HDD:// wbfs / Zelda Skyward Sword [SOUE01] / SOUE01.wbfs
or
HDD:// wbfs / Zelda Skyward Sword [SOUP01] / SOUP01.wbfs

Im seeing some posts mentioning Clos? but Im totally lost now. I thought I had the right programmes installed?
Your HDD being detected means everything seems OK (otherwise ULGX would boot in "Channel mode", listing only the channels on your Wii). It's simply ULGX does not see the wii games, hence let's try first the two easy checks above.

Last edited by Ouaz,
Reactions: Kristo32

Kristo32

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Check if "Wii games" checkbox is activated in the bar menu (one of the upper icon that looks like a HDD drive, the 4th icon from the left)

"wbfs" folder at the root of your HDD, a folder "gamename" with the game ID in bracket, and the wbfs file renamed with the game ID.

or

Your HDD being detected means everything seems OK (otherwise ULGX would boot in "Channel mode", listing only the channels on your Wii). It's simply ULGX does not see the wii games, hence let's try first the two easy checks above.
Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I just started writing this and just doubled checked everything before I was about to reply and say its still no good and noticed that my file path was hdd: wfbs and not wbfs. As soon as I changed that it now lists the game!
Not sure if it plays yet but something so small caused it!

Thank you again.

K
Post automatically merged:

or

perhaps you could advise on how i get the game id when i dont have it? cancel, found them now thanks

thanks

Last edited by Kristo32,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: