Hacking Please help with R4i. I can't save my games!

metal01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are awsome thanks for all the help. ok i do understand what the root is now thats where i keep them. thanks.

metal01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah watching that helps i did all that right i guess i just over complicated things again lol. I think i've got it my next hurdle though is makin sure the cheats work alright. thanks again//

hackermatt1337

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
well i rlly hate to bring in the bad newz, but almost all of my research sites say that u most liekly got a faulty r4i, and thatz not uncommon since r4 is no longer the original flashkart desighner, it is now controled by pirates, so all new r4's are no longer 100% r4 company, thatz not to say all of em don't work, its just saying that the r4 isn't a piece of technology to trust no more, since its made in sweatshops in bejing china. eather way, i'd buy a acekard 2i, thatz a reliable dsi flashkart, or if your looking for a better one get a supercard dsi, which is right now, the best dsi flashkart out their

metal01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks again to everyone. I have basically found out everything id want to do with my card, except gba games, not to beat a very dead horse, but the last thing i need to know is how i manually put cheats in. for games. i can't understand half the crap written in those cheat files.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
metal01 said:
ok thanks for all your help i fixed it the guy who gave me the r4i put bad game files on it, the ones i put on myself just now work fine so i've replaced them. thank you.

I do however have one other thing i would like to no more about.

How do I cheat on the R4i. I know you put certain files in certain folders but i don't have the _system_ folder.

Ok, I just checked the firmware from the site you gave us (r4i-sdhc.com) and you indeed do not have a _system_ folder.

Download the latest USRCHEAT.DAT from cheats.gbatemp.net and unpack only the USRCHEAT.DAT file to your R4iMenu folder.

Your cheats should work now.

metal01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did that and alot of the cheats work great but there are a couple games i can't tell what the cheat is so i wanted to know if there is a way to manually insert cheats.

bach3609

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have the red box r4i as well(if thats what ur talking about) To update the cheat database, just download the latest one on r4i-sdhc.com (they updated it 2 days ago to the latest gba temp one) after that simply unzip it and open up the folder thats in the zip file. You copy USRCHEAT.dat into your r4imenu folder. Hope this helps.
wink.gif

EDIT: it overwrites the existing USRCHEAT.dat or usrcheat.dat, so just copy it directly to r4imenu folder.

SOURCE: i Had the r4i red box version for 3 months now

metal01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya thats what i did. Works great but what i mean is some games cheats aren't very descriptive and can't tell what they do.

metal01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya thats what i did. Works great but what i mean is some games cheats aren't very descriptive and can't tell what they do.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Saywhatjj4 said:
JKR Firefox said:
Saywhatjj4 said:
Please dont Double post
ohmy.gif

Does it bother you?

I'm sure he didn't mean to. Want to know what bothers me? Wannabe mods.

Hey im not Trying to be a mod you know?
lecture.gif

Im just telling him whats right.

But it isn't your place to do so.

If you've noticed, I went into a tirade in this very thread about another member who has overstepped the bounds from being helpful to being an asshole critisizing everything someone here does wrong and is seemingly only able to do that and nothing else.

If a post bothers you, report it. Using good judgement, I noticed that both posts the OP made were the same. Logic states that perhaps he posted both around the same time by accident or he thought it didn't post so he posted again.

If all you wish to do is come into threads, add nothing to the topic and add comments like you've added above, perhaps you should apply to be a mod, or alternitively, stop posting altogether.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Saywhatjj4 said:
JKR Firefox said:
Saywhatjj4 said:
Please dont Double post
ohmy.gif

Does it bother you?

I'm sure he didn't mean to. Want to know what bothers me? Wannabe mods.

Hey im not Trying to be a mod you know?
lecture.gif

Im just telling him whats right.
Don't try to be a mod. It isn't your place to do so.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So let's move on back on topic instead of yelling at each other. People mostly post here because they need help and that's what we should give them.

metal01 said:
i did that and alot of the cheats work great but there are a couple games i can't tell what the cheat is so i wanted to know if there is a way to manually insert cheats.

First of all, I'm happy to see everything working again.

And I wouldn't recommend cheat databases from the R4 clone manufacturer themselves, unless they are based on the latest release of GBAtemp's cheat database.

And to answer your question. Yes, you can manually insert cheats into the cheatfile with R4CCE.
There's also a topic somewhere at GBAtemp that contains a guide on how to insert cheats into your cheatfile.

Just hit up the search button of GBAtemp and search for the guide and R4CCE and you'll be ready to go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ this brought me joy (yes it's a rickroll)