Hacking Please someone extend the wii u game limit

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's like 50 threads on this forum about this. I cannot be done. Why in the world would you need to install more than 300 titles?

D

Deleted User

It's not that simple since it requires modification of system files. Not only Wii U Menu has to be modified but also, MLC and SLC.
This limit was done on purpose, Wii U already has some frame drops with 300 games installed so if you remove that limit, Wii U could as well just get endless buffer overflows and crash everytime.

Reactions: salmon01

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not that simple since it requires modification of system files. Not only Wii U Menu has to be modified but also, MLC and SLC.
This limit was done on purpose, Wii U already has some frame drops with 300 games installed so if you remove that limit, Wii U could as well just get endless buffer overflows and crash everytime.
Forgive me if I'm mistaken (I never owned a WiiU), but isn't that for the 3DS though?

D

Deleted User

Forgive me if I'm mistaken (I never owned a WiiU), but isn't that for the 3DS though?
I never owned a 3DS and will never do but it's probably the same for 3DS.
Wii U has like 1-2GB allocated to itself at all times so if it extends that amount, a swap file needs to be created [or not] and OS will simply crash since it ran out of memory.

kevinbrew

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I Never thought it would slow the console down. although i suppose more games on home page would use up more memory

D

Deleted User

I Never thought it would slow the console down. although i suppose more games on home page would use up more memory
More icons would need to be loaded and cached into memory.
You can use SysConfigTool to load hidden titles if you went above +300 games limit. (297 to be exact)

D

Deleted User

how do you use hidden titles if you carnt see them
SysConfigTool is a tool from Nintendo SDK and can load titles if they're installed.
Like you can just scroll down and launch x game straight from it. Pretty powerful tool so...

If you plan on installing it, look for sysNAND version.

kevinbrew

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
More icons would need to be loaded and cached into memory.
You can use SysConfigTool to load hidden titles if you went above +300 games limit. (297 to be exact)
im interesten sysconfig to load more titles. is it only available on rednand?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

sysNand version. i look into it. thanks

D

Deleted User

im interesten sysconfig to load more titles. is it only available on rednand?
sysNAND also. Just make sure to look out for sysNAND version.
Also a launch option should be in Data Managment or somewhere in SysConfigTool.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk