Hacking plz halp me load ISOs from USB!

ext23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi there,

i'm pretty new to the world of wii modding/homebrew - i only got my wii two days ago. naturally the first thing i did was to softmod it.

i have a japanese system which i bought second-hand. the first thing i did was to upgrade the system firmware - i believe i'm using 4.0j now.

i followed the instructions on this guide: http://www.mikeandheth.com/games/109-store...tem-menu-4.html ...and everything installed properly. homebrew channel works, all the software works. i installed the custom IOS and homebrew channel as per that guide.

i am able to install WADs using WAD manager so i'm pretty confident there is nothing wrong with my softmodding.

i formatted my drive using WBFS manager 3.0 and copied super mario galaxy (PAL) over to it. i am mostly using the cover flow USB ISO loader but each time i get up to the intro movie where bowser bombs the living piss out of the festival, the game freezes. the same thing happens when i use the GX loader.

i have tried lots of different custom IOSs in an attempt to remedy this problem. currently i am using the cIOS38 r13 available from this very site. i also tried completely reformatting my HD and copying the ISO over again. my portable HD is a HP Pocket Media Drive 160gb (i saw no mention of this on the compatibility list, but since it's only 12 months old i have no real reason to suspect the drive is faulty or out-of-date.

if anybody can suggest what might be wrong and what i should do to fix this problem, please PLEASE let me know! i've been trying all weekend to fix this problem and have searched the forums extensively for clues. thanks!

ext23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cheers, thanks for that link.

i have definitely turned off wiiconnect 24 and i only have one USB device plugged in - the drive itself. interestingly, sometimes the drive isn't detected when plugged into the first USB port...

ext23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
...so is this likely a cIOS issue, a loader issue, or a HD issue? do i need to 'downgrade' my system, and is there an easy way to clean all the IOSs and make sure i'm using the right one?

ext23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bump (sorry).

i tried resetting everything on my wii and reinstalling the softmod.

this guide:
http://www.mikeandheth.com/games/109-store...tem-menu-4.html
and this guide:
http://www.yafaze.com/forums/viewtopic.php...&p=327#p327

both require installing the CIOSv7.wad.

QUOTE said:
Run the WAD Manager 1.4 from the Homebrew Channel and use it to install IOS35.wad (if this fails, it means it's already installed. Don't worry about it, just continue).

Run the WAD Manager 1.4 from the Homebrew Channel and use it to install CIOSv7.wad. NOTE: Make sure to set the WAD Manager to use IOS35!

using both methods i get the message "error = ret -1035."

can ANYBODY tell me what's going on here? i'm at my wit's end. i have also tried downgrading other firmwares and even the system menu but have been running into problems trying this as well.

still using 4.0j.

edit: so i THINK i managed to re-install the softmod. however now i can't boot games from USB at all. i just get a black screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lmao +1