Wafuu~
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping to use pogoshell with my EFA but I can't seem to find the correct version. The previous versions before 2.0 Beta 3 won't work and the ones after I couldn't figure out how to use them to make a .bin/rom file. If anyone has 2.0 beta 3 or know how to use the newer version could you help/upload it? I already searched and everything. The links are mostly dead.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way I know of to create a Pogoshell compilation over 256 Mbits is to use the very latest official version with an X-rom cart. Any other version and any other flash cart limits you to 256 Mbits, which is the largest size an unbanked GBA game can be anyway. Even with the X-rom, the second 256 Mbits had to be a specific type of file in order to work (either GBA files or non-GBA files, can't remember which one).

You should consider looking into Kuwanger's fork of Pogoshell 2.0 Beta 3. The sourcecode for Beta 4 won't compile, so he worked off of Beta 3 instead and added several useful features, including a built-in JPEG viewer for small images (though honestly you'd be better off with ps2jpg), screen saver support, and some interesting password protection schemes. See http://kuwanger.net/gba/pogoshell/ for his homepage and the Emuboards forum for limited support.

Also see http://www.geocities.jp/gbmogiki/pogoshell.htm for some other Pogoshell plugins you can use.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the Distro version. Kuwanger uses Python for his build scripts rather than executable files, so you'll need to install Python if you haven't already. Open up a command prompt, navigate to the folder, and type "makefs.py pogo_visoly_xg1.gba root flashme.gba" to convert it. Open up the flashme.gba file this produced in the "vboy.exe" emulator provided in the TOOLS folder to test the compilation (this is a specially modified version of VBA made for Pogoshell testing).

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already said, only v2.0 Beta 4 can make working images larger than 256 Mbits and only for the X-rom cart, with file type limitations. I tried it on my Flash2Advance Ultra once, and the flashing software didn't know how to handle such a large file, and obviously it didn't work at all when I attempted to launch it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: btei.exe is not responding...