Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Ha, they made it so Emunand peeps can't use it. That sucks.

xeredk.gif
Best gif.

Anyway, I'd like a bit more information. Thankfully I haven't bought a retail Black 2 or the save dongle yet. But OP, did you try it in both Gateway mode and classic mode? Did you try running it on realNAND after downloading on emuNAND (assuming it makes a copy like it does for Netflix and Hulu)?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Remember that you would always need to play Pokemon on either 4.5 or 6.x+ or save file corruption will occur though. And obviously Pokebank is only available on 6.0+ (7.0+ to be exact).
Since the save is NAND-based, wouldn't you be backing up the save when you back up the NAND? So it would work fine I think.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well poop. I guess I'll give up on my Black 2 save for now. Thankfully only put about 12 hours into it so far. I'll just go back to breeding/evolving Pokemans on X until I can test PokeBank for myself with various configurations.

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I plan on moving things from B2/W2 so I should be fine.

waitwaitwait
how does the pokebank work? we put the 5th gen game inside, launch the software (or viceversa), and it makes us choose which pokemon to transfer? if that's so, there's no need at all to ever get into X/Y while on 7.x realnand, right?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Since the save is NAND-based, wouldn't you be backing up the save when you back up the NAND? So it would work fine I think.
No, the save file is on the game card. It also saves a thingy to the NAND to check whether the save has been tampered with, but it doesn't save the whole file to the 3DS itself.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well poop. I guess I'll give up on my Black 2 save for now. Thankfully only put about 12 hours into it so far. I'll just go back to breeding/evolving Pokemans on X until I can test PokeBank for myself with various configurations.
Isn't that a hassle though?
I mean if I had to start a new gen5 file, I'd just rather pokegen them, trade them through gen 5 and let my friend pokebank them, then get them through gen 6 trading.

I'd even pay him 5-10 bucks for the favour and it'd still outweight all the effort/cost I'd have gone through with that whole process, in my opinion.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Isn't that a hassle though?
I mean if I had to start a new gen5 file, I'd just rather pokegen them, trade them through gen 5 and let my friend pokebank them, then get them through gen 6 trading.

I'd even pay him 5-10 bucks for the favour and it'd still outweight all the effort/cost I'd have gone through with that whole process, in my opinion.
That sounds like a bigger hassle than what I was planning, due to having to trade Pokemon one at a time. I was just playing Black 2 on my GW Blue Card and I was gonna transfer my save over to a Black 2 retail cartridge using the R4i save dongle. I don't have either of those things right now, though, and unless Pokemon Bank works with emuNAND, there's no reason to buy them.

I did PokeGen my core team for Black 2, but the rest of the Pokemon I was missing from my Pokedex I wanted to catch or breed legit. Other than maybe legendaries.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That sounds like a bigger hassle than what I was planning, due to having to trade Pokemon one at a time. I was just playing Black 2 on my GW Blue Card and I was gonna transfer my save over to a Black 2 retail cartridge using the R4i save dongle. I don't have either of those things right now, though, and unless Pokemon Bank works with emuNAND, there's no reason to buy them.

I did PokeGen my core team for Black 2, but the rest of the Pokemon I was missing from my Pokedex I wanted to catch or breed legit. Other than maybe legendaries.
Got ya, if you're planning to transfer a lot of pokemon, the trading method might end up taking more time in the long run.

By the way, since I recently had an issue with the GW blue card and DS backups I can't help but wondering - do you have to reinstall the DSprofile exploit with the GW installer every time you want to switch from a DS game to a 3DS game? Or do you just switch the 2 GW flashcarts without any further steps? I posted it on the noobs paradise thread, but if I try to load a rom on the blue GW card, I am then unable to load a 3DS rom as the DS profile exploit seems to erase itself. Was wondering if my cart/files were somehow faulty or if it's the standard procedure.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Got ya, if you're planning to transfer a lot of pokemon, the trading method might end up taking more time in the long run.

By the way, since I recently had an issue with the GW blue card and DS backups I can't help but wondering - do you have to reinstall the DSprofile exploit with the GW installer every time you want to switch from a DS game to a 3DS game? Or do you just switch the 2 GW flashcarts without any further steps? I posted it on the noobs paradise thread, but if I try to load a rom on the blue GW card, I am then unable to load a 3DS rom as the DS profile exploit seems to erase itself. Was wondering if my cart/files were somehow faulty or if it's the standard procedure.
Yeah, you have to re-run the exploit installer after each time you play a DS game on the blue cart because it edits your DS profile (which is what is corrupted in order to allow unsigned code to run).

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, you have to re-run the exploit installer after each time you play a DS game on the blue cart because it edits your DS profile (which is what is corrupted in order to allow unsigned code to run).
And what about your _DSMENU.DAT file? Do you also switch it? If I use the modified version while trying to install the exploit, it wont let me install it, so I use to switch it back to the original _DSMENU.DAT.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....