Gaming Pokemon Black region question

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nds games aren't region locked, so yes.

However I read you can't trade pokemon with the UK version if the other person has the USA version, vice versa. (cartridge wise not the handheld)

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thegame07 said:
Nds games aren't region locked, so yes.

However I read you can't trade pokemon with the UK version if the other person has the USA version, vice versa.
Yeah, but technically it isn't a DS game. It's a DSi-enhanced game.

From what I've heard, they do work, but they don't run in DSi mode.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

D

Deleted_171835

@thegame07:
DSi games are region-locked, though.
-
Also, it's been confirmed that the EU region game of Pokemon White/Black (despite being a DSi-enhanced game) is not region-locked on the 3DS. As for the US version of Pokemon Black, I'm not sure.

inter4ever

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got the US Pokemon Black and I have a European DSi XL. To my surprise, it actually worked. My guess is that the opposite should also apply even on a 3DS.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SoulSnatcher said:
@thegame07:
-
Also, it's been confirmed that the EU region game of Pokemon White/Black (despite being a DSi-enhanced game) is not region-locked on the 3DS. As for the US version of Pokemon Black, I'm not sure.
That's because the game itself isn't region locked on the DSi =P

QUOTE(inter4ever @ Apr 7 2011, 10:56 PM) I got the US Pokemon Black and I have a European DSi XL. To my surprise, it actually work. My guess is that the opposite should also apply even on a 3DS.
Any version of pokemon b/w except the japanese version aren't region locked on DSi consoles, strange but true.

No Name Trowa Barton

Namaiki iun-ja naiyo™
Trophies
Website
www.NoNameTrowaBarton.com
XP
Country
United States
heartgold said:
SoulSnatcher said:
@thegame07:
-
That's because the game itself isn't region locked on the DSi =P

QUOTE(inter4ever @ Apr 7 2011, 10:56 PM) I got the US Pokemon Black and I have a European DSi XL. To my surprise, it actually work. My guess is that the opposite should also apply even on a 3DS.
Any version of pokemon b/w except the japanese version aren't region locked on DSi consoles, strange but true.

ill conferm this i own japanese black and english white. my dsi ll and 3ds are japanese my ds light is english. my friends dsi is english. and yeah region locked is the japanese one us version works on my japanese version systems

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, If it's so shitty, why don't you clean it up. :tpi: