ROM Hack Pokémon Black & White Deluxe

Oxnite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello everybody.

If you're going to beta test this newest beta 0.6 release, thanks a lot. I have some questions for you beta testers that I would be glad if they got answered:

- Does Cheren in Nacrene City give out TM Pluck? Is his text correct (for example, correct sentence-length, no spelling errors, etc.)?
- Can TM Round, Wide Lens and Scope Lens be obtained at the Castelia City Battle Company (the company with a great many clerks)?
- Can TM Incinerate be found Outside Pinwheel Forest? If so, could you please explain where exactly (what position)?
- Can TM Struggle Bug be found in Pinwheel Forest, near the end of the long, grassy road?
- Can TM Embargo be found in Lostlorn Forest? If so, could you please explain where exactly (what position)?
- Does the man in the only house of Anville Town give away TM Dream Eater? Is his text correct (for example, correct sentence-length, no spelling errors, etc.)?
- Can TM Psych Up be found on Route 18?
- On Route 7, when you're standing right in front of the Celestial Tower and walk to the right, there's a dead end with an item. What item can be found there?
- In the Celestial Tower, can the following five items be found: TM Shadow Claw, Cleanse Tag, Spell Tag, TwistedSpoon and TM Ally Switch?

I hope anyone can answer some of these questions with ''Yes!''.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Oxnite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there anyway to patch this on a Mac? I've tried using MultiPatch and _Retro_'s DS Rom Patcher for OSx but they just gave me an invalid checksum.
On the previous page, someone had the same problem, getting ''Failed! Input checksum is invalid.''

The solution is to make sure that you have a clean, unpatched Pokémon White rom (no patches should be on it at all, not even the anti-piracy patch).

gasgpmo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wondering, is this confirmed to work on AK2i with AKAIO?

Also, are you sure it's a good idea to make trade pokemon evolve through levelling? Specifically Kadabra, Graveller, Machoke, Boldore, and Timburr. One of the benefits to pokemon that evolve by trading is that you can make them evolve at whatever level you want. So, wouldn't it be better to have them evolve by using an evolutionary item, like a stone, rather than be forced at a certain level? Or maybe, for example, have Kadabra level while holding a Twistedspoon (or a different item, since I'm pretty sure Twistedspoons are rare).

Also, it seems you're making happiness evolutions (Elekid, Magby) evolve at 30. Is there a reason for this? Cause some people might want them to evolve earlier, or later, maybe. Specifically, you could use a Firestone or Thunderstone in either situation.

And Lickitung, Mime Jr., Bonsly, Aipom, and Mantyke all evolve later than they used to. Again, is there a reason?

Also you typed Slowbro when you probably meant Slowpoke, on page 1.

Oxnite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just wondering, is this confirmed to work on AK2i with AKAIO?
I'm not sure, but I guess it works. Do you have any idea whether the original Pokémon White works for these flashcarts? If so, this hack will work on them, too.

Also, are you sure it's a good idea to make trade pokemon evolve through levelling? Specifically Kadabra, Graveller, Machoke, Boldore, and Timburr. One of the benefits to pokemon that evolve by trading is that you can make them evolve at whatever level you want. So, wouldn't it be better to have them evolve by using an evolutionary item, like a stone, rather than be forced at a certain level? Or maybe, for example, have Kadabra level while holding a Twistedspoon (or a different item, since I'm pretty sure Twistedspoons are rare).

Also, it seems you're making happiness evolutions (Elekid, Magby) evolve at 30. Is there a reason for this? Cause some people might want them to evolve earlier, or later, maybe. Specifically, you could use a Firestone or Thunderstone in either situation.

And Lickitung, Mime Jr., Bonsly, Aipom, and Mantyke all evolve later than they used to. Again, is there a reason?
TwistedSpoons couldn't originally be found in B/W before the Pokémon League; I indeed made the item available before the Pokémon League, however, by the time you get it (it's at the Celestial Tower now), your Pokémon will be around level 55 or something.

What you say about (the benefits of) trading is true -- on the other hand, though, Pokémon that can be evolved by trading only are very often regarded as a restriction by many people. That's why I determined some nice levels for all of the Pokémon. For example, Kadabra is very strong as it is -- that's why I made it evolve quite late.

I deliberated many options and finally chose the best-fitting ones. Whereas you see it as a disadvantage (especially the Pokémon like Bonsly and Mantyke who do not evolve before level 30), it's also something that makes the game harder. Although while playing, I think you'll conclude that these levels are quite fitting, especially because the level curve of this game has been improved. For example, in the original game, this Bonsly wouldn't evolve before the 6th gym or something like that, because your Pokémon didn't reach level 30 before that gym. However in this game, you should consider that the Pokémon you're using will be around level 30 while battling Burgh.

About Lickitung, for example; you say it evolves ''late'', however Lickitung can only be found somewhere after Nimbasa City, at level 33 maximum. What if Lickitung would evolve at Level 33 in this game? Would it be any fun? It's more challenging and thus more entertaining to first train your Lickitung to level 44, then make it evolve. It will satisfy.

Finally, if Trainers want to evolve their ''happiness Pokémon'' on a later level, they can press the B-button while it's evolving. That's not a big deal.

Also you typed Slowbro when you probably meant Slowpoke, on page 1.
Thank you very much, I have fixed it.

gasgpmo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, the original Black works, so I assume White does as well, so yeah, I guess it'll work.

Anyway, you made some good points about the evolutions. Put most of my qualms to rest. I'll most likely try this hack out when it's finished, I've always been interested in a pokegame where you can get all of 'em without trading.

Oxnite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, the original Black works, so I assume White does as well, so yeah, I guess it'll work.

Anyway, you made some good points about the evolutions. Put most of my qualms to rest. I'll most likely try this hack out when it's finished, I've always been interested in a pokegame where you can get all of 'em without trading.
That's nice to hear, thank you! I'll try to finish the game very soon.

the title of this thread says black and white deluxe.....so when is the black one coming any idea
Pokémon Black Deluxe will be released together with the official (version 1.0) release of Pokémon White Deluxe.

Oxnite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
cool.....have you started working on black though
Black will have the exact same functions as Pokémon White Deluxe, possibly some slight Wild Pokémon changes (and, of course, different Legendary Pokémon).

When White Deluxe's finished, it's only a matter of copying.

gasgpmo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait, are you saying that we'll be able to go to Black City and White Forest in the same game? Because there's more to the different versions than just wild and legendary pokemon.

Also, are you adding more rotational and triple battles? If so, how is the Battle House going to work?

And this is taken from Serebii: "In addition to the above, there are several trainers who either don't exist based on the game or have differing Pokémon between game versions. These are mostly not that dramatic but are worthy of note". So, would that mean some trainers might go unedited if you just copy?

Oxnite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have currently edited Route 8, Moor of Icirrus and Icirrus Gym. Also fixed some bugs and (again) changed and added new items (locations).

Now I'm gonna test the changes; might edit Dragonspiral Tower afterwards.

Wait, are you saying that we'll be able to go to Black City and White Forest in the same game? Because there's more to the different versions than just wild and legendary pokemon.
No, Pokémon Black Deluxe will be just Pokémon Black with the same edits Pokémon White Deluxe has.

Also, are you adding more rotational and triple battles? If so, how is the Battle House going to work?
The Battle House will be the same (but the Trainers will have edited Pokémon, of course).
I'm not adding that much new Triple / Rotation Battles; the ones that were Rotation or Triple Battles in the original games, will be so in this hack.
That's because they have handlers included to check the amount of Pokémon of the player. Say I'd add a Triple Battle and you have only 1 Pokémon, things will go wrong.
This counts for the first Gym Leader too, but I've added that as a warning to the readme and first post.

And this is taken from Serebii: "In addition to the above, there are several trainers who either don't exist based on the game or have differing Pokémon between game versions. These are mostly not that dramatic but are worthy of note". So, would that mean some trainers might go unedited if you just copy?
Trainers that do not ''exist'' in Pokémon Black, still have their trainer data in the game, so it's still a matter of copying.
Some Trainers will definitely have changed Pokémon inbetween versions, as I'll make some changes after copying.

Well, just see for yourself, you'll like it. =)

Oxnite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just wanted to keep you updated.

First, this.

I have a question to all of you, lol.
A guy called PokeCinema creates amazing YouTube videos with each of the Gym Leaders of Pokémon White Deluxe.
However, it seems that he didn't update his Pokémon White Deluxe version to 0.6 because he battles Winona with her old team and several other bugs (her name is still Skyla - it was like that even in version 0.5, which might be weird to know, lol).

Does any of you have a YouTube account? You should tell him to download the newest beta version 0.6 and to reupload the REAL battle, lol! It's too easy with her old back-up team! Also, he probably goes straight to the next Gym which has not been oficially released yet and is still an unedited Brycen with its old team.. So, please tell him. =)

Also, I have another request: somebody commented that Winona has bad English (which actually isn't true because in beta 0.6, Winona's text closely resembles her R/S/E text, lol). However, if you find text that has been changed, and you notice a spelling or grammatical error in it, please tell me because my mother language is NOT English!

For beta 0.7, it will of course have the next gym included. It will still be an Ice-type Gym.
In the beta, you can also play through Route 8 and Moor of Icirrus, and find some cool trainers and items there. Also, the Pokémon you can find in the puddles change drastically each season. In spring, enjoy the view of tiny and young tadpoles swimming around, while in summer, swans and frogs can be found on the water surfaces. During autumn, the swans have fluttered off to warmer areas and the amount of frogs is slowly diminishing, too. However, when wintertime starts, you can start looking for ice Pokémon in the water and also search for a cool water-Pokémon that's more easily found during winter!

After you have beaten the 7th Gym, you can visit Dragonspiral Tower and meet up with some cool new Dragon-type Pokémon. After that, you return to the (basement of) Relic Castle and have some chit-chat with several Gym Leaders in Nacrene City, including our good old friend Brock!

I have no time to work on it the coming two weeks, I'm afraid.. A new beta will probably be released at the end of November, or maybe later.

flygon12345

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
India
Just wanted to keep you updated.

First, this.

I have a question to all of you, lol.
A guy called PokeCinema creates amazing YouTube videos with each of the Gym Leaders of Pokémon White Deluxe.
However, it seems that he didn't update his Pokémon White Deluxe version to 0.6 because he battles Winona with her old team and several other bugs (her name is still Skyla - it was like that even in version 0.5, which might be weird to know, lol).

Does any of you have a YouTube account? You should tell him to download the newest beta version 0.6 and to reupload the REAL battle, lol! It's too easy with her old back-up team! Also, he probably goes straight to the next Gym which has not been oficially released yet and is still an unedited Brycen with its old team.. So, please tell him. =)

Also, I have another request: somebody commented that Winona has bad English (which actually isn't true because in beta 0.6, Winona's text closely resembles her R/S/E text, lol). However, if you find text that has been changed, and you notice a spelling or grammatical error in it, please tell me because my mother language is NOT English!

For beta 0.7, it will of course have the next gym included. It will still be an Ice-type Gym.
In the beta, you can also play through Route 8 and Moor of Icirrus, and find some cool trainers and items there. Also, the Pokémon you can find in the puddles change drastically each season. In spring, enjoy the view of tiny and young tadpoles swimming around, while in summer, swans and frogs can be found on the water surfaces. During autumn, the swans have fluttered off to warmer areas and the amount of frogs is slowly diminishing, too. However, when wintertime starts, you can start looking for ice Pokémon in the water and also search for a cool water-Pokémon that's more easily found during winter!

After you have beaten the 7th Gym, you can visit Dragonspiral Tower and meet up with some cool new Dragon-type Pokémon. After that, you return to the (basement of) Relic Castle and have some chit-chat with several Gym Leaders in Nacrene City, including our good old friend Brock!

I have no time to work on it the coming two weeks, I'm afraid.. A new beta will probably be released at the end of November, or maybe later.

youtube....my signature...i will message him...i will also do a walkthrough once the whole hack is out..i will that guy to switch to 0.6 as well :)

ps i am doing pokemon Light platinum LP so yeah ... lolz thats off topic...lolzz

gasgpmo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you could send any text you think needs to be analyzed for fluency, I'm available at any time to edit it for you, Oxnite. You seem pretty fluent, though, I'm surprised.

Looking at the YouTube video, Winona's language is pretty flowery at times, but that's not really a problem. The only odd sentence I've found so far is "Witness the elegant choreography of Bird Pokemon and I!"

For starters, it should probably be "Flying Pokemon", since Bird is only a glitch type.

Secondly, the whole sentence is, unforunately, odd. It's a weird-sounding sentence. For example, remove "Bird Pokemon and" and you get an incorrent sentence. "Witness the elegant choreography of I"? Doesn't make sense. But neither does pretty much any word you stick in its place, like "me" or "myself". You could change it to "Witness my Flying Pokemon's and my elegant choreography!", but it still sounds a little awkward. It's better than "Witness my and my Flying Pokemon's elegant choreography!" though. In that one, you have "my and my", which often hits the ear wrong.

Besides, that commenter just said "Winona's English is bad..." which is a pretty vague statement. Furthermore, it would have been more proper to say it was "poor", not "bad". Finally, he ended the sentence in an ellipsis (those three dots people use when they usually are trying to sound like they trailed off), which is a tell-tale sign of bad writing. There are far too many ellipses plaguing people's writing these days. Children really can't communicate properly. So, my point is, don't worry about that particular guy. And definitely don't go to his profile page. It's filled with bad grammar and spelling.

I'd like to point out, however, that ellipses are fine within Pokemon because you only have two lines to display text. Don't worry about them in that context. You're just trying to connect the sentence. But when you're posting online, just use a period, everyone. Ellipses are best used for dialogue in a story, when you want to show the speaker is trailing off mid-sentence. They've also come to be interpreted as indicating silence, but that's neither here nor there at the moment.

Oxnite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
youtube....my signature...i will message him...i will also do a walkthrough once the whole hack is out..i will that guy to switch to 0.6 as well :)

ps i am doing pokemon Light platinum LP so yeah ... lolz thats off topic...lolzz

Thank you for sending him a message, flygon12345!

If you could send any text you think needs to be analyzed for fluency, I'm available at any time to edit it for you, Oxnite. You seem pretty fluent, though, I'm surprised.
Hah, thank you! Well I'm still studying English, so I really don't mind if you ever correct me - in fact, I would love if you did!

Thanks for your help, gasgpmo; if I have some new text, I will send it to you for revision (if that's how you say it, lol).

flygon12345

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
India

Thank you for sending him a message, flygon12345!

:)

gasgpmo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yep, revision would be the correct term. Also, I edited my post quite a few times. Being that it's the last post on that page, you may not have read all of it. The later updates weren't as important, though.

Minor corrections: After interjections at the start of a sentence (such as "well"), it's usually proper to add a comma. Also, it should be "I would love it if you did!" The phrasal verb is "love it".

Oxnite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yep, revision would be the correct term. Also, I edited my post quite a few times. Being that it's the last post on that page, you may not have read all of it. The later updates weren't as important, though.

Minor corrections: After interjections at the start of a sentence (such as "well"), it's usually proper to add a comma. Also, it should be "I would love it if you did!" The phrasal verb is "love it".

Thanks a lot for your corrections. I also appreciate that you took time for the ones on the previous page, thank you! (took time? Is that correct, lol? Correct me anytime you want.)

About Winona's text, I have actually ripped it from the original (R/S/E) games (not because of laziness, but rather because I wanted to keep it nostalgic and thus copied her text).

I agree about ''Bird Pokémon'' being kind of odd, especially because I too feel this connection with the 1st generation glitch type. I still want to keep it ''original'', though, so I might just drop the capital ''Bird'' and change it to bird Pokémon, to describe ''bird Pokémon'' in general.

Reactions: 1 person

gasgpmo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"Took time" sounds all right, at least to me. If it's not, it's "took the time", but that's not a big deal.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's "any time". But check here for further reference.

Yeah, I kind of figured it was an error with the original localization. Don't worry about it too much; nobody's perfect, even professional translators.

So, do these Gym Leader replacements mean Leaders like Skyla won't be in-game? Just wondering.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Nvm i didnt "hear", it's a truth