ROM Hack Pokémon Blaze Black & Pokémon Volt White

iRyahn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will the eeveelutions learn attacks quicker as I hated having to level them up like 10 levels just to learn one of the elemental attacks.

Well he did note that all eeveelutions learn their first moves at level 13 now, not sure if they are elemental but that is sure to speed the process up.

Also Drayano will you release a thread a bit prior to the release? I only ask this because I am anxious to see the changes made to some Pokemon and where they are found before I start playing so I can map everything out for when it is released. So excited to play your hack, and thanks for taking the time to work on it.

lewyp1

The Greatest Evil Genius/Mad Scientist in history.
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dray your HG/SS hack has made me cream in my jeans (had to drop an Anchorman 2 trailer reference lol) but seriously it looks f***ing epic!

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Heh, thank you! Yeah, I'm trying to get both Cynthia and Steven to play a fairly large role in this. Cynthia was initially only encountered by the Sinjoh Ruins event, so she definitely makes a much bigger appearance now.

The evolution items could probably be better since they're just palette swaps, but adding new item sprites looks like a nightmare with how weirdly the image is arranged in the .rgcn files. ;-;

I'm adding in quite a few trainers from DP. There's a slight hitch that their encounter music defaults to the youngster (kind of like a problem you were having, no?) but I might just leave that fix for another version. The DP trainer thing was inspired by your Deluxe hack actually, with its Picnicker sprites and whatnot. I don't know how many pop culture references I can fit in without getting bored of text editing, though =p

Yeah, it's in trpoke. HGSS have it on like the last two bytes of each Pokémon (although the second byte always has some odd effects, so the first one is better for stuff.)

(P.S: Feel free to just call me Dray rather than Drayano. In fact, I'd prefer it!)
About the Youngster Trainer Encounter Music - it might be easier to fix in HG/SS, actually. I'm not sure. Anyway, the data for it should be on arm9.bin. In B/W, though, arm9.bin is compressed, so that could be the case with HG/SS's arm9.bin, too... Not sure. Anyway, in that arm9.bin file, you might be able to find hex data stored like this: 02 00 5A 04 (with 02 00 being the Trainer Class number, 02 00 is the Youngster in B/W, and 5A 04 being the Encounter music, also see this). It doesn't work in B/W that easily because arm9.bin somehow breaks when I try to recompress it.. That's such a pity because it would be really cool if it actually worked. I still have hope that it could work in HG/SS though. If you want, I could take a look at it when I finally have time, i.e. in about two weeks.

Also, the trpoke finding is cool. I'm always wondering what these unknown bytes in B/W could be.. But Seals are not available in B/W anymore, so it must be something else.

I also love your new item's names.. Very creative. Too bad I lack a good English vocabulary since English is not my native language (at all). Edit: I just found out that ''aubade'' and ''serenade'' are the same words in my language, heheh. I of course know what a serenade is but I have never known that ''the morning / evening thing'' had so much to do with it. Great names!

Can't wait to see your SG/SS games finished, Dray ;)
Ah, yeah, I remember seeing that research data. I'll probably put solving that on a backseat, but it's probably worth trying sometime. If you want to take a look yourself, then by all means! I can't actually remember if I tried editing the ARM9 in B/W... I have a feeling I didn't need it for BBVW so I probably didn't see if it worked. =/

Oh, BW trainers have unknown bytes too? Didn't know that, I've never had to hex edit them so I wasn't sure about it.

Haha, thanks, though to be honest I found the word Aubade by chance when I was trying to find synonyms for morning, I didn't know the word existed prior to that. But yeah, the morning/evening thing was what I was going for with those, so thanks =P

I can't either, I'll be happy when I can release it since I need to focus on my exams o-o;

Do you plan to upload gameplay videos of SG/SS to your channel like you did BB/VW?

I was actually considering a let's play of sorts of it, though I probably won't be doing that for a little while if I do. But I'm bound to end up putting some sort of videos up.

Ah, Items for the other eeveelutions, Reminds me of Pokemon XD, another question, Will the other items that you don't get be avaliable elsewhere in case of breeding the eevee to get the others? and will the eeveelutions learn attacks quicker as I hated having to level them up like 10 levels just to learn one of the elemental attacks.

Any other type changes in this one too? I loved that about BB/VW.

And how about adding some dialog to Red, I know he's supposed to be a mute as a nod to the fact we controlled him and he never spoke, but it would be cool to have him say at least something. Even if its just "Well done, I pass my torch to you"
Yeah, all the evolution items are placed somewhere else, too (just like the Magmarizer, Protecter et al. are in the real games). Off the top of my head, I put the Woodland Ore in Ilex Forest, the Frozen Ore is by Ice Path, the Aubade Orb is on Route 42 (which you can't access until post six badges now, I linearised it to make the levels higher) and I forgot where the Serenade Orb is.

I practically just lifted half of the type changes among other things from BBVW, so you'll see a lot of things carried across.

Sorry, gonna have to reject that idea. Giving Red dialogue kinda ruins the whole thing imo.

will the eeveelutions learn attacks quicker as I hated having to level them up like 10 levels just to learn one of the elemental attacks.

Well he did note that all eeveelutions learn their first moves at level 13 now, not sure if they are elemental but that is sure to speed the process up.

Also Drayano will you release a thread a bit prior to the release? I only ask this because I am anxious to see the changes made to some Pokemon and where they are found before I start playing so I can map everything out for when it is released. So excited to play your hack, and thanks for taking the time to work on it.

I probably won't bother making a thread until I've got the whole lot done, but I guess I could release the wild list a bit earlier... Ill see.

Dray your HG/SS hack has made me cream in my jeans (had to drop an Anchorman 2 trailer reference lol) but seriously it looks f***ing epic!

Suffice to say I haven't seen that trailer so I don't even get the reference, but thanks!

edit: Here's another screenshot. Get the aesthetic reference?

BsxvT.png

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
1% chance in the bottom of Chargestone Cave, so it's not that weird.

I mean, it doesn't really fit anywhere else... D=

Also, this is a new item that you use to evolve the Pokémon that evolve through trading alone (i.e. Kadabra, Graveler et al.)

Xst1T.png

Elksama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know how to get this game to work on Acekard 2?

I've updated to the latest firmware of AKAIO and it still won't work. Is this game compatible with the Acekard 2?

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone check if Gyarados is really in Route 1 via fishing special spots? Been looking for awhile and I constantly run into everything except Gyarados. I have no way of checking the Wild Pokemon since PPRE doesn't work on Black so can Dray or anyone else check for me? I keep getting Dratini, Baschunin or whatever, and a ton of Milotics

nevermind finally found one, much rarer than Milotic or I just had crappy luck lol

Retloc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded a clean black and your patch version 3.1 pactched it and used it on desume but my netbook is to weak to play it at more than half frame rate so i put it on my R4ids gold plus to try on my 3ds and it wont play. i get a rom load error, so i downloaded a pre patched version of blaze black and it runs perfectly. In 3.1 pignite is a fire ground. in this version he is fire dark. I love your vision of the game and really wanna play 3.1 so if you know of a pre patched download of it or the documentation for the version i have so i can see the changes or differences between the two and moves and such.

i cant get your bb or vw 3.1 to play on my r4ids gold plus no matter how many time i patch it if you could give me a patched download of each or give me a idea of what i may work i can get version 1.2 to work i got it from it runs fine but no AR. i would prefer to play 3.1 cause i really want fire/ground emboar:)

Retloc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NVM on my question guys found drayano's youtube page with links and i feel like a total newb but i now get load rom errcode=-4 and way to fix this. i have newest wood version for my R4 card. and thanks for the great work wish bbvw was the vanilla version props. ps let me know when you start working on bbvw for B&W2

Iceypunchy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
1% chance in the bottom of Chargestone Cave, so it's not that weird.

I mean, it doesn't really fit anywhere else... D=

Also, this is a new item that you use to evolve the Pokémon that evolve through trading alone (i.e. Kadabra, Graveler et al.)

Well i used that Zapdos to beat N,Those rotoms were pain in the ass

harropeter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Honestly can't wait for the next hack you're releasing Dray. Absolutely love the "call me maybe" references in the trainer's dialogue. LOL.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Heh, thanks. =]

Okay, with the help of action replay codes I sped up the testing considerably, so if all goes well... I might actually be able to release the hack either Friday or Saturday. There's some things that could still do with polishing but I want to get the initial release out of the way ASAP, so once I'm satisfied everything is working I'll go ahead and post it. So yeah, expect it within the next 96 hours or so!

Another screenie for you; Cynthia isn't the only character who appears a fair bit in this game.

BWDex.png

Reactions: 1 person

Wanderman_Trigge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hay.. gotta say GREAT HACK and tested your "FULL" patch on acekard2i and it works perfect... AND wfc works still (got bigN's wfc darkrai and with no problems)so keep up ur AMAZING WORK

Castiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Drayano,
I just wanted to say that I appreciate all the work you have put into making this hack the best it can be, and for considering other people's opinions as well as your own. You give credit where it is due and even advertise other Pokemon hacks going around as well. I have respect for you, and hope your HG/SS hacks are coming along as nicely as the B/W hacks.

Reactions: 1 person

bbseno

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Drayano

Just want to say thanks so much for making this hack. The original game was really boring to me and I breezed through without much impression of it. This hack was everything I wanted the original game to be, favourite pokemons that wasn't done justice are now more useful, poor and unfortunate starters now actually secured a spot in the team (yes,pikachu, I'm looking at you as well), enemies are more fun to battle. It's the change in pokemon that made me choose this hack over others. All in all, great job.

we all know that pokemon's storyline is horrible( expecting a good story from pokemon? who am I kidding). Hearing about changes you made for the characters in HG/SS made me really excited. Cynthia? auto-win . She's the coolest character to ever existed in the history of pokemon.

MemBat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, new here! Having an issue with action reply codes for volt white. I was using another ROM for desmemu fine with the action reply codes, then i discovered your awesome mod so gave it a go :D.

For use with this mod, as the other one was modded so the "patching" didnt work.

However, after patching the above version with your mod, i release that the regualr AP codes i was using no longer work...both roms are "IRAO" on the game ID but the regular AR codes are non functioning now for some reason.

Codes located here: http://uk.codejunkie...6871-17___.aspx

So i know im definately using IRAO game id action replay codes, but no dice.

All i want to use is the 2x XP code but can't get it working. Am i doing something wrong? I believe you have said they should all work fine but no luck for me, any advice anyone?

EDIT

Lol...fail. Nevermind, i had the "disabled" checksum on with the cheats haha, w00ps! my bad :P.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :wub: